What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd5: Eels v Dragons GAME DAY THREAD @ BankWest Stadium 11/4/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

84 Baby

Referee
I reckon we didn’t play very well and leave it at that. I predict we’ll also struggle next week. I’ll be disappointed when we do but as long as it doesn’t become habit forming then we just need to remember it’s a long season and things can improve

IFR33K

Coach
I wonder if BA goes in with the same bench against the raiders. Another tough forward pack

dazeely

First Grade
Maybe we try Dylan Brown at centre.

Maybe worth a shot. Bring Rankin into halves.

Matersen in (hopefully) and bench Lane. Papa deserves his spot in run on team.

Gutho
Fergo
opacic
Dbrown
Sivo
Rankin
Moses
Rcg
Mahoney
jnr paulo
matto
papilli
nbrown

Bench:
Niukore
Kaufusi
Lane
Smith

18th man
Hipgrave or Stone

Last edited:

eels_fan

First Grade
I wonder if BA goes in with the same bench against the raiders. Another tough forward pack

Oldfield will be a centre, Matto will be back

bench of

Papa
Niukore
kaufusi
Cartwright (willing to give him another go)

84 Baby

Referee
@TheRam What are your thoughts on J.Morris for coach. Atleast in attack?
I reckon it would be an astute move if he become available.

Then you fly the CEO the where ever Duke Gould is and offer him a 5yrs contract for 10 million to set up our junior system.
He would be an excellent addition to our team, so he’s no chance. Arthur only hires blokes who are no threat to his job whatsoever. Bums like Murphy and Kidwell. It’s his biggest fault as a coach.
What about the Sharks set up screams attacking excellence?

84 Baby

Referee
If he does he’s an idiot.
Any excuse.... who does he bring in?
Here are your options
Dunster
Rankin
Oldfield
Penisini
Hollis
Lussick
Hipgrave
Matterson - are we blaming BA for him not being on the bench this week?

Has everyone else come to terms with Marata being a damn good footballer but not the second coming of Cronin?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It was an off game.I would not look too much into it.

Would not surprise me if BA saw this coming and is not to worried about it.

I reckon our next game will provide more clarity to where we are at; especially coming off a loss.

Onto next week!
Not if the next game (and all the ones after it) consist of the opposition standing offside and conceding six against until the ref gets tired of it.

84 Baby

Referee
On Cartwright, I don’t think it was the ideal situation for him. We were chasing points, when we should have just been mounting pressure. He came on and made things worse. He needs to adapt quickly to what we require him for

84 Baby

Referee
Not if the next game (and all the ones after it) consist of the opposition standing offside and conceding six against until the ref gets tired of it.
I know it’s always been an available tactic but I wonder if yesterday will cause an avalanche of teams doing it. If you give away one 6 again, only go back half the distance, destroy the ball runner and suddenly next tackle your onside with all the momentum.
It was an Atkins diet shit sandwich smothered with HP sauce

Noise

Coach
On Cartwright, I don’t think it was the ideal situation for him. We were chasing points, when we should have just been mounting pressure. He came on and made things worse. He needs to adapt quickly to what we require him for
His ideal situation is reserve grade. He has less than a 40% win record over his career.

84 Baby

Referee
His ideal situation is reserve grade. He has less than a 40% win record over his career.
I think he has an ideal situation in 1st grade but that situation isn’t really conducive to consistent success by itself. If they hadn’t dubiously overruled the Paulo obstruction try and had called back the Dufty 5m in front Clune try then the score is 20-18 and Cartwright could be used in a late game points chase where his chaos can make stuff happen. But across a season ideally we aren’t being stifled by very quick defence line speed

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I know it’s always been an available tactic but I wonder if yesterday will cause an avalanche of teams doing it. If you give away one 6 again, only go back half the distance, destroy the ball runner and suddenly next tackle your onside with all the momentum.
It was an Atkins diet shit sandwich smothered with HP sauce
And how about for pressuring the kicker on the last? There's no six again given after the merkin gets away a rushed kick. It's just play on.

84 Baby

Referee
And how about for pressuring the kicker on the last? There's no six again given after the merkin gets away a rushed kick. It's just play on.
I didn’t add that in but was thinking it. I can’t think of a six again called on the 5th or an offside penalty on last called at all this season

Status
Not open for further replies.