What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumor Mill

Rich102

Staff member
Paul Turner released to the Broncos as part of the Reece Walsh deal.

TVNZ Breakfast 6 April.

Bugger, I rated Turner.

Big Marn

Juniors
yeh would rather we kept Turner out of this deal, but made me wonder what was going on when SOS got the start ahead of him CHT got injured.
Maybe contracts etc made it easier to release a development player?

SmashEmBro

Juniors
Lots of people calling for wingers with speed, at least if this is done and dusted, it will hopefully put a rocket up Maumalo and Fus for the rest of the season.

Put Walsh on the wing and Fus to centre, and when Hiku comes back literally who ever plays worse out of Fus, Maumalo and Walsh makes way

TheDMC

Bench
Why sacrifice Turner to get Walsh early? Sounds like we got the short end of the stick. We had already secured Walsh from next year... Maybe we have another signing lined up as again a spot free in our 30 right?

Turner is staying put for now. There was a muck up on the Broncos side. Walters and co thought Paul Turner was a development player and not a top 30 player. They don't want to use Turner for their spare slot in their top 30 for until later in the season in case something pops up. In other words they either take Turner and make him top 30 over there or take someone else. I hope the ignorant and aggorgant bastards take the later. Turner is more exciting and a threat.

waipiro

Juniors
Turner is staying put for now. There was a muck up on the Broncos side. Walters and co thought Paul Turner was a development player and not a top 30 player. They don't want to use Turner for their spare slot in their top 30 for until later in the season in case something pops up. In other words they either take Turner and make him top 30 over there or take someone else. I hope the ignorant and aggorgant bastards take the later. Turner is more exciting and a threat.
I think if we want to keep him we will need to start playing him ...probably in the halves as he knows he wont be first choice fullback once Walsh gets here.

I think if we want to keep him we will need to start playing him ...probably in the halves as he knows he wont be first choice fullback once Walsh gets here.

Turner should be our ad-lib roaming half (Replace Nikorima) SOS/CHT can be the organizers / kickers. An ad-lib Paul Turner behind our pack with this assistance of RTS/SOS all taking on the line (Nikorima has become allergic too in recent years) would be awesome to see.