What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Madge The Myth ?

WA Tiger

Bench
Where we are now has come about from bad decisions that have been made with zero courage and based on hope rather than logic or glaring evidence

As for Madge the drums are definitely beating, and in fairness everything that is wrong in our club is not entirely his fault, as for that picture of the board member, well the lunatics are definitely running the asylum.

gordsy

Juniors
The irony of the south’s connection...WHY was Taylor hired after his childish run in / fight with one of his players there ...WHY was Madge hired when there was loud noise about him over working his players at south’s and his shit record for the last 51 games there - 18 wins (worse than his WT record). ..Cleary left the club for the club he’d been at previously and wanted to finish the job for mega bucks and to be with his son so that wasn’t the clubs fault

...So for the club to be worried that if they change the coach again it may be embarrassing because of the number of coaches they’ve had is unfounded..Just hire the new coach for a good reason not a bad reason ...pretty simple

and now Benjis there killing it..Oh The irony

PS ..Pascoe for the second time chose the coach over the player and got it wrong

imo you can move a club forward at lightening pace with a couple of key appointments.Number one the Coach and 2 the CEO. But a good coach unshackled should be enough

Every body says Benji this Benji that. The bloke was a white anting merkin who was rocks and diamonds. We don't have the coach or the club to carry that. If you want the club to change you have to change the culture and in this case the club did the right thing,

WA Tiger

Bench
Every body says Benji this Benji that. The bloke was a white anting merkin who was rocks and diamonds. We don't have the coach or the club to carry that. If you want the club to change you have to change the culture and in this case the club did the right thing,
I think u and I and front rower can agree to disagree on this one ...
I didn’t really want to include it in my post because I knew it would stir the pot with the same old same old but I did coz it was an original comment regarding Benji

Last edited:

Wizardman

First Grade
Agree 100%. Benji has white anted the club a couple of times now. Im glad the club didn't budge for him in this instance.

Fordy20

Juniors

You're right. I've seen Benji do some amazing things on the footy field, but we don't have the roster to accommodate him. In fact, our club spent seven years trying to accommodate him for no result. Then he left for union and Ivan got him back because he needed a feel good story to cover up the fact that the cash he splashed on giving his stable mates sweetheart deals set the club backwards 5 years. Those deals don't expire until the end of next year either and have had a significant effect on our ability to recruit.

Pistol_Pete

Juniors
I always suspected they would be dopey looking twats but f**k me that is taking the piss..is this idiot for real?
Looks like the bloke from Uncanny X Men after a week on the snort

Brian-Mannix.jpg

Last edited:
I was just thinking if the club is denying crises talks, that would probably make most fans and members pretty unhappy.

To suggest that the club is in anything other than a crisis seems factually incorrect.

Even if the club is low key about Madge’s future, we all want to know radical changes are afoot.

Once again, there is a knee jerk reaction with not much forethought.

Das Hassler

Bench
As for Madge the drums are definitely beating, and in fairness everything that is wrong in our club is not entirely his fault, as for that picture of the board member, well the lunatics are definitely running the asylum.

I can assure you the board member pictured is no dill...I've known Dennis for a long long time and while i haven't caught up with him for quite awhile i regard him as one of the most energised and unfailingly loyal friends i"ve known.. .. perhaps a bit of an easy target but i can assue anyone he's highly intelligent ..success driven and since the 60's ( perhaps no surprise lol ) has calmly handled a lot of the more challenging egos on the planet. As for an ideal choice for the board of an nrl club i'm not qualified to say but i do know he's among the staunchest and most determined supporters of the magpies there's ever been and even Tommy would have attested to that. Dennis was vehemently against the merger but is genuinely for WT albeit still hard right magpies. In fact has probably done as much as anyone ..or more on the magpies side of things in keeping their identity alive ... Whether that's a good thing for the future of WT?..well that's probably up for debate ...anyway...understand the differing perspectives and no doubt he'd have differences with various people around the club but just wanted to mention it.
BTW...puting WT to one side for a second most of the older folk here would know Dennis's voice ...youtube Fortune Teller by The Throb...that's Denny on vocals and Bass ..better than the Stones version and even Mick Jagger was a fan ..he has more true stories to tell than most have the imagination to make up....trust me...true story!

Tigerm

First Grade
I always suspected they would be dopey looking twats but f**k me that is taking the piss..is this idiot for real?
Did some checking, his stage name is Denny Burgess of Masters Apprentices fame.

He was involved a serious car crash in 1998.

The car crash occurred exactly a month after Burgess and other Masters Apprentices musicians were inducted into the Australian Music Hall of Fame on October 20.

On November 20, Burgess, his brother Denny, who also played with the Masters Apprentices during their stint in England, Denny's wife Clare, and a backing vocalist accepted a ride from a 24-year old man to a party in the Sydney suburb of Stanmore. Clare Burgess said the driver attempted a U-turn as they arrived at the party and was hit from behind by a semi-trailer. Police later charged the driver of Burgess' car with exceeding the .05 blood alcohol limit.

Bass player Denny Burgess, 48, is in hospital with five fractures and titanium plates in his skull. He had 4-1/2 hours of plastics surgery on his face.

Clare Burgess said Burgess' new band received "rave reviews"at the launch. "We're certainly off the road for a while now, "she said. "We're just so glad they're kicking and should recover fully. It will be a long hard haul for them. Denny and Colin are both pretty smashed up."

Pistol_Pete

Juniors
Did some checking, his stage name is Denny Burgess of Masters Apprentices fame.

He was involved a serious car crash in 1998.

The car crash occurred exactly a month after Burgess and other Masters Apprentices musicians were inducted into the Australian Music Hall of Fame on October 20.

On November 20, Burgess, his brother Denny, who also played with the Masters Apprentices during their stint in England, Denny's wife Clare, and a backing vocalist accepted a ride from a 24-year old man to a party in the Sydney suburb of Stanmore. Clare Burgess said the driver attempted a U-turn as they arrived at the party and was hit from behind by a semi-trailer. Police later charged the driver of Burgess' car with exceeding the .05 blood alcohol limit.

Bass player Denny Burgess, 48, is in hospital with five fractures and titanium plates in his skull. He had 4-1/2 hours of plastics surgery on his face.

Clare Burgess said Burgess' new band received "rave reviews"at the launch. "We're certainly off the road for a while now, "she said. "We're just so glad they're kicking and should recover fully. It will be a long hard haul for them. Denny and Colin are both pretty smashed up."

Well at least he has experiences in car crashes because he is overseeing an almighty one at the moment

I can assure you the board member pictured is no dill...I've known Dennis for a long long time and while i haven't caught up with him for quite awhile i regard him as one of the most energised and unfailingly loyal friends i"ve known.. .. perhaps a bit of an easy target but i can assue anyone he's highly intelligent ..success driven and since the 60's ( perhaps no surprise lol ) has calmly handled a lot of the more challenging egos on the planet. As for an ideal choice for the board of an nrl club i'm not qualified to say but i do know he's among the staunchest and most determined supporters of the magpies there's ever been and even Tommy would have attested to that. Dennis was vehemently against the merger but is genuinely for WT albeit still hard right magpies. In fact has probably done as much as anyone ..or more on the magpies side of things in keeping their identity alive ... Whether that's a good thing for the future of WT?..well that's probably up for debate ...anyway...understand the differing perspectives and no doubt he'd have differences with various people around the club but just wanted to mention it.
BTW...puting WT to one side for a second most of the older folk here would know Dennis's voice ...youtube Fortune Teller by The Throb...that's Denny on vocals and Bass ..better than the Stones version and even Mick Jagger was a fan ..he has more true stories to tell than most have the imagination to make up....trust me...true story!

Yeah I agree, we shouldn’t judge him on his appearance.

Latest posts