What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blues Have To Find A Way To ...

He is not more versatile. Simple Jack has played the same positions for longer and is a bigger body that would be able to handle emergency back row. Paps form is better but simple jack is no slouch. Tough call if they want a utility on the bench.

Oh ok, so the other 3 players on the interchange bench won't be able to play second row or lock then will they? That is the sole providence of the player in the no. 14 jersey?!

Your logic escapes me.

myrrh ken

First Grade
Oh ok, so the other 3 players on the interchange bench won't be able to play second row or lock then will they? That is the sole providence of the player in the no. 14 jersey?!

Your logic escapes me.

You are the one who said pap is more versatile. He is not.

The_Frog

First Grade

Your logic escapes me.
The 14 has to do something if there are no injuries. Little point replacing a back who can play the full 80 anyway. You want him to come on and make lots of tackles to take the load off the forwards. Otherwise its a 3 man bench. So if a 14 cannot play as a forward you are giving away an advantage.

big hit!

Bench
Well its a bit difficult supporting an unbeaten side in that I'll be accused of picking blokes from my team, but I'd have 4 of our blokes. Cleary, Luai, To'o and Yeo.

I'm not too sure about the forwards either, there's quite a while to go yet.

1 Tedesco, he's royalty and you don't drop royalty. Also the captain.
2. AddoCarr, pretty close to royalty as well.
3. Trebojevic T, I'm against picking fullbacks out of position but Tom is proven at this level at centre.
4. Mitchell, also proven in this position. Consider Lomax instead though.
5. To'o, best winger in the game at present, especially making hard metres.
6. Luai. if you're picking Cleary you have to pick his halves partner. They complement each other.
7. Cleary. No challengers.
8. Saifiti.
9. Cook, although I do think he's nearing the end at this level. Has lapses in defence.
10. Haas, RCG or Paulo. Also consider Vaughan.
11. Radley
12. Crichton
13. Yeo

14 Bird. May and Peachey are possibles but Bird seems made for this role. I'm looking here at the ability to cover injuries in the backs or hooker with minimal disruption, and ability to come on and make 25 tackles in 25 minutes if there are no injuries, rather than another fullback.
15.See 10.
16. See 10.
17. Murray/Finucane/Trebojevic J.

Can't find a place for Wighton or Walker, and Pap will just have to wait his turn.

I don't get how you 'have' to pick Luai if Cleary is the half. On merit ok, but if there is a better option than Luai, then he shouldn't be overlooked because he doesn't play at Penrith.

Need to find another edge forward, probably Frizzell who hasn't let NSW down. Radley is a ball-playing lock and out of position as an edge. With Murray out, I would have Victor ahead of Jake at the moment, on the bench for Yeo rotation.

Haas has Broncos disease where their forwards don't like to tackle. A bit too much hype about his steam rolling ability, but I guess I'd still have him there. Is Leota eligible? He could get a crack.

Last edited:

big hit!

Bench
Thoughts on Burton (left centre) and Shuster (left edge) as bolters?

These two will play origin one day. May as well not f**k around and give them a birth now.

soc123_au

Staff member
Burton getting picked would be kinda funny given the narrative of why we didn't release him to the Dogs. I don't know about picking him in the centres, but Freddy would be mad not to seriously consider him in the 14.

Fangs

Coach
Fair number of outs now.

Luai/Cleary have all but locked up the halves. I think the back 7 are settled apart from a centre position. I'd still have Wighton there. Could easily be Mitchell.

Tempting to include Korisau and Yeo in the run on side. Essentially re-creates Penrith's club spine. However Cook/Big Jake are probably first in line. Need to keep some consistency with previous squads.

Wade Graham would have to be considered with the dearth in backrow options. Or Fittler may opt for youth and pick Schuster.

18th man is still Gutho. Hopefully forever.

soc123_au

Staff member
Fair number of outs now.

Luai/Cleary have all but locked up the halves. I think the back 7 are settled apart from a centre position. I'd still have Wighton there. Could easily be Mitchell.

Tempting to include Korisau and Yeo in the run on side. Essentially re-creates Penrith's club spine. However Cook/Big Jake are probably first in line. Need to keep some consistency with previous squads.

Wade Graham would have to be considered with the dearth in backrow options. Or Fittler may opt for youth and pick Schuster.

18th man is still Gutho. Hopefully forever.
Probably a bit early for Schuster, but it is looking like he will be a hell of a player.