What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Offseason Thread

shiznit

Coach
Could Rodgers work with a control freak like Gruden? I doubt it. Manning had Fox and Kubiak as his head coaches in Denver and they let him audible all day and call plays at the line of scrimmage. I think Fangio would fall into the same category should we get Rodgers. There's not a lot you can teach a guy like Rodgers as a coach or OC, but there's a shitload he could teach to guys like Sutton, Jeudy and Fant and in a hurry.

Rodgers could turn Sutton into the next Davante Adams.
Gruden will work perfectly with Rodgers... as Rodgers is experienced and has the standing in the game to tell Gruden to f**k off when he needs to.

Gruden’s system is absolutely perfect for a guy like Rodgers as it’s all about making reads at the line and adjusting accordingly... he gives options but has so many checks and shifts and audible’s he would be in heaven.

If Gruden was coaching and had his system up when Manning became a Free Agent I think you could just as likely have seen him go play for Gruden...

Gruden works best when he has a veteran QB who can run his west coast offense.

Rich Gannon was by far and away the best QB he had and it was because Gannon would often give him both barrels if Gruden overstepped.

There’s stories about Gruden and Gannon going at it in front of the press but in the end there was a mutual respect and to this day they are pretty close.

If we could get Rodgers into our current offence we would f**king shred this league...

My biggest problem will be what would we have to give up to get him... I think picks are probably fine... TBH... after this weekend’s draft I reckon we’re better off not having 1st rounders as we seem to draft better on day 2 and 3.

But what players?? I’d say they would want Waller... maybe even Ruggs or Jacobs.

I think Denver would probably have a more appealing package... Although Carr could be real appealing for them... he’s a borderline top 10 QB on a team friendly deal so they can throw him in right now and still be competitive in the NFC North and could act as a bridge for Love where as I don’t think the Broncos could offer that.

I’d say he’s more likely going to go to Denver... but I hope like hell the Raiders atleast take a f**king shot at him...

Frederick

Staff member
Gruden will work perfectly with Rodgers... as Rodgers is experienced and has the standing in the game to tell Gruden to f**k off when he needs to.
The Raiders and Divas - a match made in heaven

Exhibit A: Antonio Brown

nick87

Coach
The packers arent going to trade Rodgers this season
This time next year, i dont think he's on the roster, but they should feel like they made the moves required to really push for another championship... they're not moving him.
They'll call his bluff on retirement.

shiznit

Coach
The packers arent going to trade Rodgers this season
This time next year, i dont think he's on the roster, but they should feel like they made the moves required to really push for another championship... they're not moving him.
They'll call his bluff on retirement.
My feeling is he’s gone after his cap hit drops in June...

I base that on 2 things...

- They won’t get as much for him if they wait until next season as teams will know he’s half out the door.

- He’s not the type of Cat you wanna call the bluff of... from what I’ve seen he’s a different type of dude who could just sit out a year to f**k the Packers over..

which would then roll back into the first point... as the following season he would be worth next to nothing to the Packers if they wanted to offload him.

shiznit

Coach
The Raiders and Divas - a match made in heaven

Exhibit A: Antonio Brown
You wouldn’t expect him to turn into that f**king maniac...

but who the f**k knows when it’s the Raiders.

Things always turn to shit when we’re involved.

nick87

Coach
My feeling is he’s gone after his cap hit drops in June...

I base that on 2 things...

- They won’t get as much for him if they wait until next season as teams will know he’s half out the door.

- He’s not the type of Cat you wanna call the bluff of... from what I’ve seen he’s a different type of dude who could just sit out a year to f**k the Packers over..

which would then roll back into the first point... as the following season he would be worth next to nothing to the Packers if they wanted to offload him.

This is fan fiction. You hate to see it.
Bold claim given all the QB movement this year but he's either not playing, or QB'ing for GB this year.... if he wants to do a Carson Palmer, then by all means.... but he's at least 12 months away from a new football situation.

I think the packers are FAR more likely to capitulate, fire Gutekunst, and trade Love, who from all reports has not developed at all, than they are to trade Rodgers.

I would bet SIGNIFICANT money on him not moving this upcoming season. Significant money.

shiznit

Coach
This is fan fiction. You hate to see it.
Bold claim given all the QB movement this year but he's either not playing, or QB'ing for GB this year.... if he wants to do a Carson Palmer, then by all means.... but he's at least 12 months away from a new football situation.

I think the packers are FAR more likely to capitulate, fire Gutekunst, and trade Love, who from all reports has not developed at all, than they are to trade Rodgers.

I would bet SIGNIFICANT money on him not moving this upcoming season. Significant money.
Yeah... in years past I’ve seen it as fan fiction...

but the reality is that in the last decade the team has used just one first round pick on the offensive side of the ball.... and that was to take his eventual replacement... lol

That’s not fiction... that’s FACT...

I think he’s looked over at Brady and seen the Buc’s throw everything including the kitchen sink into providing a winning team for him and I think he’s finally come to realise that GB aren’t fully committed to him and his chase for another ring.

and he probably wants out while he still has good football left in him... which is what anyone in his position would want.

I think GB aren’t owned by a billionaire so they aren’t underwritten by one person’s wealth so they often have to run things with the long game in mind and I think Rodgers is in win now mode...

Thats why I think this is more than just fan fiction this time...

Rodgers situation now has parallels to Favre from years ago when the drafted Rodgers in... Old players feeling undermined by the Packers for drafting young qbs...

Favre felt aggrieved at the drafting of Rodgers, kept playing longer than anyone thought, even after announcing retirement and (finally) Rodgers got a shot...

Now it’s turned full circle with Rodgers getting the hump after the packers drafted Jordan Love...

Wonder if he’ll end up at the Vikings like his predecessor....

Eelectrica

Referee
Aaron Rodgers to New Orleans could be interesting. Although if GB somehow let him go it would be to the AFC like Favre to the Jets initially.

Rodgers to New England? That could be interesting as well.

I'm guessing either scenario is highly unlikely

legend

Coach
Rodgers was spotted flying into Denver today on a private jet apparently. Not sure if it's because of his Mrs or if he is meeting with the Broncos top brass, but now that Juwan James has torn an achilles, we aren't obligated to pay him $10 million for this season, we may be able to sweeten the pot for Rodgers.

I too think the trade will happen after June to lessen the cap hit.