What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 9 vs Gold Coast @ Campbelltown Stadium

Who will win? Round 9: Wests Tigers v Gold Coast

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
1 Daine Laurie
2 David Nofoaluma
3 Moses Mbye
4 Joseph Leilua
5 Zac Cini
6 Adam Doueihi
7 Luke Brooks
8 James Tamou
9 Jake Simpkin
10 Alex Twal
11 Luke Garner
12 Luciano Leilua
13 Joe Ofahengaue

14 Jacob Liddle
15 Stefano Utoikamanu
16 Alex Seyfarth
17 Thomas Mikaele

18 Micheal Chee Kam
19 Zane Musgrove
20 Tom Amone
21 Shawn Blore

Maybe the best team we have produce all year, imo.

Yeah, probably only Blore/Amone to come in when their fitness is up to scratch

Apparently Roberts is out for a month

Perth Tiger

Bench
We are screwed if we get any injuries in the backs, but to be honest if we get injuries would would probably be screwed regardless if we had a utility on the bench.

Hoffman has been touted as our future center, Anyone have any insight if he is close to a call up or still to early for him?

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
We are screwed if we get any injuries in the backs, but to be honest if we get injuries would would probably be screwed regardless if we had a utility on the bench.

Hoffman has been touted as our future center, Anyone have any insight if he is close to a call up or still to early for him?

Hoffman looks plod imo

hasn’t been dominating NSW cup just been ok

Our future centre’s will probably come from our Jersey Flegg team who are currently undefeated...name escapes me but one of them was promoted to NSW Cup 2 weeks ago but got injured. Was playing well before he got injured aswell

Edit: His name is Israel Ogden

Tiger05

First Grade
I like that team. I reckon LIddle should have a spot and Mbye at centre gives us some depth in a position where we've been poor this season.

The balance of the starting pack to me needs to change but I like the bench.

I wonder if the guys can fire up for another send off for Tommy.

Pezz70

Juniors

There’s a few fellas going well in NSW cup. I’d almost be tempted to drop Brooks and give Docker-Clay a go. Kiah Cooper looks as though he might benefit from a couple of games in the NRL too. Whether they’re ready or not who knows. If we don’t pick up 6 points over the next few games I really would be giving some of those young fellas a run over the course of the season.

Tiger Ted

Bench
There’s a few fellas going well in NSW cup. I’d almost be tempted to drop Brooks and give Docker-Clay a go. Kiah Cooper looks as though he might benefit from a couple of games in the NRL too. Whether they’re ready or not who knows. If we don’t pick up 6 points over the next few games I really would be giving some of those young fellas a run over the course of the season.
Totally agree but I don’t think either of these guys are in the top 30 & I think they are primarily leaving the 2-3 spots remaining for specific players on the outer with other clubs

gordsy

Juniors
I’m not sold on ofahenguae. Lazy, always got hands on hips.
Dumb shit player, dumb shit signing. We all know he'd be on a forklift or a door if not for footy.
Fingers crossed we can piss him off soon, please take BJ, rusty M-Dud and Brooks with you mate.

Pezz70

Juniors
Totally agree but I don’t think either of these guys are in the top 30 & I think they are primarily leaving the 2-3 spots remaining for specific players on the outer with other clubs

True, that’s the most stupid rule ever. If they play for your club they should be able to play NRL.

Tigerm

First Grade
A chance Esan Masters in for GC
It’s strange how clubs see players, we are no different, but Esan imo is no longer able to deliver, we have our own, but I guess clubs hope they have the right process in place to turn the player around?

Das Hassler

Bench
If it's around Fafita 16 WT 6 at halftime i'll still be confident...gotta work him HARD right from the getgo....we can probably bank on him quickly bagging 2 tries just so long as we tire him early as well....feel sorry for Cory T but his absence is huge...not just his ability but the energy he gives that side

Vic Mackey

Referee
Think this game tells us more about our season then any other this year. We came off a very gutsy win against a team who put 30 on the Eels only a couple of weeks ago. Now we play a team down on form who've conceeded an average of 38 points the last 2 weeks and havent won a game outside of QLD this year. The game is also meant to be a big deal with it being about Tommy.

For the past decade the team has followed up a good win with a horrible performance against lowly sides. Was Sunday another example of us reacting to harsh critsim and aiming for a week before resuming business as usual? Or was it the confidence boost we needed after a tough start to the year?

If we win this there's a chance we could, remarkably, be equal 8th and have 3 very winnable games coming up.

On paper this is close to the best team we can probably put out. I like Liddle on the bench and I know he's a bit of a whipping boy but Seyfarth was very good last week (particuarly in defence).

The Titans have been more dissapointing then us to start the year. Lots of hype and a terribly soft draw however are 3-5. If we put in like we did last week we'll win and should do it well. The question is will we?

Yeah I’m not holding my breath but it’s it’s about time this bunch turned the corner and left the trash performances behind rather than as the norm.

Pezz70

Juniors
Think this game tells us more about our season then any other this year. We came off a very gutsy win against a team who put 30 on the Eels only a couple of weeks ago. Now we play a team down on form who've conceeded an average of 38 points the last 2 weeks and havent won a game outside of QLD this year. The game is also meant to be a big deal with it being about Tommy.

For the past decade the team has followed up a good win with a horrible performance against lowly sides. Was Sunday another example of us reacting to harsh critsim and aiming for a week before resuming business as usual? Or was it the confidence boost we needed after a tough start to the year?

If we win this there's a chance we could, remarkably, be equal 8th and have 3 very winnable games coming up.

On paper this is close to the best team we can probably put out. I like Liddle on the bench and I know he's a bit of a whipping boy but Seyfarth was very good last week (particuarly in defence).

The Titans have been more dissapointing then us to start the year. Lots of hype and a terribly soft draw however are 3-5. If we put in like we did last week we'll win and should do it well. The question is will we?

We’ll all take the win last week but the most worrying thing is the amount of chances we could not convert into points. We really should’ve won by 20+.

There were some good passages in attack last week hope we can get our attack going this week and turn the opportunities into points

stryker

First Grade
Pezz, I agree.
I’m not so sure we played that well last week. Saints were absolutely abysmal and we only put 3 past them.
If we play like we did against the bunnies we will beat sides like the Titans.
However we may need to step up higher than our effort against the Dragons.
I’ll back us in.

Latest posts