What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

TheRam

Coach
Dylan wasn't ready for NRL imo. He is still only 20. He should only be breaking into the NRL now.
We robbed him of two yrs development running a side. He is now playing 2nd fiddle amd missed out on a valuable 20 odd games where he learned to take charge.
Look at Kafusi. Only this year he has established himself as a genuine top 17 player. 3yrs previous where spent preparing him.

I'd rather Jake have another 12 mths in NSW cup. We don't want to kill him like we may have Brown.

I am predicting Brown will come back quite well however.

That is a very good point Hindy and has a lot of merit. We may have done just that and stopped him from learning his trade by being in charge of a team for a couple of seasons on his own in NSW Cup. By playing next to Moses, it has basically made him less involved and not need to work out ways to control outcomes like the main half does.

I think Jake will be spending most of the season in NSW Cup, when Dillbags comes back, but from next year who knows what might happen or change?

As for Dilldags playing better then he has been, yeah he may do but who really knows? I can't see his passing or long kicking game improving all that much to be honest, in the short term anyway. He needs to become a constant threat in support. Then he may actually start to improve the rest of his game as he gets more opportunities.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Not saying that they are always right or spot on, but most often then not when salaries are concerned they are pretty close to the mark.
How the f**k would you know if they're accurate? Given the media's form and purpose you'd best assume they're exaggerating for maximum drama. They're not there to report facts. They are there to sell stories.

TheRam

Coach
How the f**k would you know if they're accurate? Given the media's form and purpose you'd best assume they're exaggerating for maximum drama. They're not there to report facts. They are there to sell stories.

Oh OK then, can't wait for the next time you quote a reporter or media repot or anything that is hearsay from anywhere.

To dismiss reports that suit your prejudice or narrative is very typical of you Pou.

Not saying all reported contracts are correct, but we have seen over the years most are fairly spot on. If they wanted to max out the affect mate, they would have bumped it up to over a million a season, not have him re-signing for basically similar coin.

Use your brain mate. We sell more headlines in this city then anyone else. If I wanted to maximise my hits, my headline would be totally different.

hindy111

Post Whore
That is a very good point Hindy and has a lot of merit. We may have done just that and stopped him from learning his trade by being in charge of a team for a couple of seasons on his own in NSW Cup. By playing next to Moses, it has basically made him less involved and not need to work out ways to control outcomes like the main half does.

I think Jake will be spending most of the season in NSW Cup, when Dillbags comes back, but from next year who knows what might happen or change?

As for Dilldags playing better then he has been, yeah he may do but who really knows? I can't see his passing or long kicking game improving all that much to be honest, in the short term anyway. He needs to become a constant threat in support. Then he may actually start to improve the rest of his game as he gets more opportunities.

He didn't get to learn in the NRL by a season pro either.Moses at time was very erratic and may of taught him a few bad habits in a very important time of development. These could be hard to shake.
Dylan's game needs to be stripped back to the bones.
I feel he is type of character who will respond to criticism well.

TheRam

Coach
and these guys, if they are in the loop, are subject to the same NDA

Yeah right, I'm sure you have heard of the how the media protect their sources and no one has quoted anyone directly so there is no binding agreement broken.

Face it champ, the media know stuff. I know you hate that idea and never give any story credit if you don't like it, but they do talk to people and know stuff. Fact of life.

We aren't talking about political cover ups and white washes here mate. It's freakin footy. No secrets in RL.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah right, I'm sure you have heard of the how the media protect their sources and no one has quoted anyone directly so there is no binding agreement broken.

cool story and I'm sure you believe it

some of them may be on the money but I don't believe all of them are

Chipmunk

Coach
how would Brent Reed know what he signed for ? those contracts are not available to the public, players quiet often say, "dont believe what you read its way off the money"

agents are obliged by NDAs not to disclose it, so hard to tell if its a bargain or not

You'd have to prove that the agent disclosed it and a journalist won't ever be compelled who disclosed it.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Oh OK then, can't wait for the next time you quote a reporter or media repot or anything that is hearsay from anywhere.
Next time? See if you can find a last time. I place very little importance on anything written by journalists unless it's a direct quote. And even then they've probably reported it out of context.
To dismiss reports that suit your prejudice or narrative is very typical of you Pou.
See above. They only thing that is reliable is video. Stats are also generally reliable, assuming a big enough sample, but even they differ between the various sources reporting them.
Not saying all reported contracts are correct, but we have seen over the years most are fairly spot on.
When have we ever seen that? When they post the tax records of every player in the game each year?
If they wanted to max out the affect mate, they would have bumped it up to over a million a season, not have him re-signing for basically similar coin.

Use your brain mate. We sell more headlines in this city then anyone else. If I wanted to maximise my hits, my headline would be totally different.
You're assuming you know how much he was on previously.

Bandwagon

Staff member

Not saying all reported contracts are correct, but we have seen over the years most are fairly spot on. If they wanted to max out the affect mate, they would have bumped it up to over a million a season, not have him re-signing for basically similar coin.

TBH we can't know if "over the years most are fairly spot on.", unless we're privy to the actual amounts to check. But that's true of every report, so we can only assume that it's all relative at any rate.

If they're within the ballpark it doesn't matter all that much.

yy_cheng

Coach
I like what ja adds in terms of kicking. He measures his kicks ala george Williams

He really does remind me a bit of Tim Smith

I like how he threw long passes to moses and moses was on the move when he receuved it.

I hope dillbags throw those passes more frequently. I know he does but wish he did it more

And how good of Matto did more kicks

I like when the edge player can kick.

It means the normal kickers aren't always rushed, it means we can run it on the 5th as well as matto kicking it

So kicks can come from moses, mahoney, ja/db or matto

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Oh please, give it a rest. Now no one should like a story.

Please, think before you type mate. This is getting embarrassing again for you.
Sports journos are full of shit mate. They're not your friends. They're not there to help you understand the game. They are there to sell papers to morons who love drama and bullshit. Don't be that guy.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I like what ja adds in terms of kicking. He measures his kicks ala george Williams

He really does remind me a bit of Tim Smith

I like how he threw long passes to moses and moses was on the move when he receuved it.

I hope dillbags throw those passes more frequently. I know he does but wish he did it more

And how good of Matto did more kicks

I like when the edge player can kick.

It means the normal kickers aren't always rushed, it means we can run it on the 5th as well as matto kicking it

So kicks can come from moses, mahoney, ja/db or matto

And Gutherson, and Cartwright, can both kick, too.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
He didn't get to learn in the NRL by a season pro either.Moses at time was very erratic and may of taught him a few bad habits in a very important time of development. These could be hard to shake.
Dylan's game needs to be stripped back to the bones.
I feel he is type of character who will respond to criticism well.
I see your point, but the alternative was keeping Norman for an extra year or 2. No f**ken thankyou.

Latest posts