What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Penrith

stryker

First Grade
Lol is this the best you knobjockeys can do?
I know I came on to your forum and embarrassed you in front of your pals yesterday but this is pretty tame stuff as a reply.

ACTPanthers

Bench
I know I came on to your forum and embarrassed you in front of your pals yesterday but this is pretty tame stuff as a reply.

Imagine being that much of lonely merkin you brag about giving shit to other fans on a forum... I’d f**king hate to be you bro.

stryker

First Grade
Imagine being that much of lonely merkin you brag about giving shit to other fans on a forum... I’d f**king hate to be you bro.
At the end of the day you live in the ACT so the whole country would f**ken hate to be you...bro LMFAO

How exactly would it be an upset for Penrith to not win the premiership? Other fans are now baiting Penrith Panther fans, this is another form of bullying.
We haven’t won a premiership since 2003. That’s the fourth worst drought of not winning one, out of all teams!
We made the grand final last season & have a chance of a top 4 finish this season and maybe win the JJ for best team in the home and away season. That’s all!
Surely it’s more of an upset , if Melbourne don’t win it yet again! As everyone says that Melbourne are the best team. They are the premiers & perennial finals & GF winners,
They even win with many players out of their team!

The Panthers team reminds me of the Parra team in the ‘80s in the sense that the Parra team had some youth and rising players, but not superstars. As a team, they just played so well and the superstars emerged in time – Sterling, Kenny, Cronin, Growth, etc – all went on to play for Australia.

I agree Nathan Cleary is playing terrific football, I’m not sure I’d call him the Prince of Penrith just yet. He needs to get the Panthers a premiership or two, help the Blues win more than one State Of Origin series and show what he can do wearing the green & gold before I’d be willing to concede that accolade.

THE outstanding halfback in the minor premiership at present – for sure, but he needs a few trophies in the cabinet before adding labels like Prince.

Another form number 7 is Jahrome Hughes, or as call him, the Maharishi of Melbourne
😂

According to figures from the TAB, there have been just 21 upsets in 80 NRL games this year.

Favourites have won 73.75 per cent of games, after also being successful 74.26 per cent of the time in 2020.

That is well up on a strike-rate of 61.69 per cent from 2018.

Worryingly for the NRL, the AFL is now the far more unpredictable of the two codes.

Underdogs are winning more often with the AFL favourites’ striking at 69.44 per cent, well down on 77.54 at the introduction of an 18th team in 2012.

Yes I have thought this at times too: the animosity to Penrith may be born of snobbishness at an unfashionable club in an area not exactly known for its nuanced lifestyle, suddenly having ‘surprising success’ as this piece puts it. This article is unconvincing and dead-horse flogging. The Crichton incident was very poor on his part, but it is isolated and not symptomatic of a systemic problem of arrogance at the club. And the handshaking thing I thought was pretty witty and playful, wouldn’t mind seeing more of that in the game. I don’t see how you can regard that as anything but light, and hardly ‘tone-deaf’. Penrith Panther fans have always been terribly bullied by society and other fans.
(Urgh, and I hesitate to even mention this, but is it also possible a smidge of the venom at Penrith might stem from a more grave and heinous prejudice, when you consider the players who have been singled out? )

Blues Riff

Bench
The only one you embarrassed was you. TSP has a new pet monkey. Your posts are as relevant as your team. Sad little merkin.

I see the Penrith Panthers as the Mother Terresa of the NRL, we are there helping and sharing and giving and caring for those in more need than us-----and isnt that every other team. We have given the West Tigers, or whatever they call themselves now, a little treat this week and their fans are happy. Then latter in the year we will kill them 50-0 again and Ivan will blow more kisses and all other fans will be happy to see the Tigers fans go from loud, ott, abrasive and demonstrative to totally depressed in the same season.

We, the Penrith Panthers could also be Superman. Yes, the Penrith Panthers are the Superman of the NRL. once we find our phone box, which is hard in modern society, we are UP UP AND AWAY, we beat up the Brainiacs and save society and still find time to save little kittens in trees. Its extra-ordinary what we do. And now, with 7 players up on origin duty, we are sitting in our cone of Silence, talking to Marlon Brando or Russell Crowe who are our dads. Soon, we will fly UP UP AND AWAY back to Metropolis to save Planet Earth from General Zod, Jax-Ur and Mala who are really the Melbourne Storm and Sydney Roosters and Sydney Rabbitohs in disguise.

Nealo 12

Bench
We, the Penrith Panthers could also be Superman. Yes, the Penrith Panthers are the Superman of the NRL. once we find our phone box, which is hard in modern society, we are UP UP AND AWAY, we beat up the Brainiacs and save society and still find time to save little kittens in trees. Its extra-ordinary what we do. And now, with 7 players up on origin duty, we are sitting in our cone of Silence, talking to Marlon Brando or Russell Crowe who are our dads. Soon, we will fly UP UP AND AWAY back to Metropolis to save Planet Earth from General Zod, Jax-Ur and Mala who are really the Melbourne Storm and Sydney Roosters and Sydney Rabbitohs in disguise.
Will be funny when you get your alts mixed up... hope you're up for it Stryker

Evidently against the Penrith Panthers and Leichardt oval, that West Tigers Supporters were throwing BEER CANS at the game. They must have smuggled the cans in, I haven't seen beer in anything but plastic for sale at the footy for more than 10 years. Lucky Ivan didn't get out of the coaches box else he would have been hit. The West Tigers need to do an immediate review of security, player and spectator safety and either the sale of beer cans or the checking of bags etc before entry to the ground. We are not in the 1960s.

Brett Hull – NHL ice hockey legend, 4th highest goal scorer in NHL league history; and he never jumped up & down when he scored a goal, never gave the defenseman a serve etc because he didn’t want the opposition to look for him every time he was on the ice. You gob off to the opposition, they’re going to look out for you & make sure they know where you are. That attitude is missing in the NRL as many players cannot wait to bore it up the opposition, pat them on the head and give them a mouthful if they drop the ball etc.