What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wade Graham future

jc155776

Coach
Liam Knight another with concussion issues.

Seems to be adding up.

reckon Dallas Johnson remembers much of his career? Hardest f**king merkin but geez did he know a thing or two about concussions

Frenzy.

Immortal
Who says they were concussions?

Failing the in game HIA doesn't automatically mean someone was concussed does it?

Yes. As soon as you are hit in the head you are concussed. Concussion is not a state to be in, it's an injury. Like most things it is a lay term. In medicine the blow to the head is known as a Traumatic Brain Injury. The things that happen after are sequalae, as in, consequences.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Liam Knight another with concussion issues.

Seems to be adding up.

reckon Dallas Johnson remembers much of his career? Hardest f**king merkin but geez did he know a thing or two about concussions

I would say the incidence is no higher. The spotlight is just brighter, the risk aversion has kicked in and the guidelines are being followed.

I can not imagine there were less concussions in the pre NRL era.

coolumsharkie

Referee
If you guys read that thing about the bobsledders I posted you'd understand why they are taking this shit seriously. This is contact sport though, so look forward to more touch football type rules in the future.

taipan

Referee
I would say the incidence is no higher. The spotlight is just brighter, the risk aversion has kicked in and the guidelines are being followed.

I can not imagine there were less concussions in the pre NRL era.

Mate there were stacks.Mario Fenech as an example,saw him come off at Belmore not knowing where he was.
You'd think there was an inventor capable of producing a light weight headgear ,that is capable of reducing dramatically concussions caused by impacts.Never solve the problem 100% but any big reduction is a plus IMO.

Chimp

Juniors
Here we are again - I’m pretty sure I heard Wade talking after his last concussion about the rule changes and he nearly said something along the lines of hating the idea of being forced to retire because of head knock rules - he changed the way he was saying it and it left me thinking at the time he was worried the next one would be his last.

His tackle technique for those almost front on tackles is dreadful, gets his head in the wrong place far too often, but even with that, the knocks he’s taking aren’t that heavy, certainly not so heavy to leave him doing the involuntary shakey leg.

Might be close to the end, and the sad thing is I don’t think that would be too much of a loss.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Here we are again - I’m pretty sure I heard Wade talking after his last concussion about the rule changes and he nearly said something along the lines of hating the idea of being forced to retire because of head knock rules - he changed the way he was saying it and it left me thinking at the time he was worried the next one would be his last.

His tackle technique for those almost front on tackles is dreadful, gets his head in the wrong place far too often, but even with that, the knocks he’s taking aren’t that heavy, certainly not so heavy to leave him doing the involuntary shakey leg.

Might be close to the end, and the sad thing is I don’t think that would be too much of a loss.

This will be controversial but it's almost like he was never actually taught to tackle.

the involuntary shakey leg. Looked like a stroke victim with diminished muscle control. What worries me is that sort of shit happens from brain injuries. Was relieved to see shots of him walking normally in the dressing room later. The shots actually killed off the knee injury bullshit they ran out though

Frenzy.

Immortal
If you guys read that thing about the bobsledders I posted you'd understand why they are taking this shit seriously. This is contact sport though, so look forward to more touch football type rules in the future.

Where did you post it?

Frenzy.

Immortal
Mate there were stacks.Mario Fenech as an example,saw him come off at Belmore not knowing where he was.
You'd think there was an inventor capable of producing a light weight headgear ,that is capable of reducing dramatically concussions caused by impacts.Never solve the problem 100% but any big reduction is a plus IMO.

No headgear or helmet will work because you can't stop a floating brain from smashing into the skull from the outside. You can only avoid the contact. There would be no reduction in reality but the boffins would run out stats that indicate there has been change and underreporting will happen.

Who wants this?? Who wants our players to develop this?

300px-Chronic_Traumatic_Encephalopathy.png