What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 15 vs Raiders

jeffdragon

Bench
I can't see how we can bounce back from. that rubbish today.
Norman told to go
The team will be up against it.
To he honest I cant see any shining light for the rest of the year.
The raiders have been rubbish.but have the wood on us.
I think worse it yet to come for us.
Whem the tough get going the dragons start running inthe opposite direction.

thebigredv

First Grade
Raiders back on the way up and looking for a team they can throttle. Pretty much identical to last year Round 8 when we were instantaneously out of the fight from minute 1.

Lowering expectations as much as I can.

BLM01

First Grade
I can't see how we can bounce back from. that rubbish today.
Norman told to go
The team will be up against it.
To he honest I cant see any shining light for the rest of the year.
The raiders have been rubbish.but have the wood on us.
I think worse it yet to come for us.
Whem the tough get going the dragons start running inthe opposite direction.
Thats the negative vibe we need going into games. We should always be outsiders.
That way there cant be no disappointment

getsmarty

Immortal
Dragons v Raiders: Sweating on Lomax; James ban served

MATCH PREVIEW

Dragons v Raiders: Sweating on Lomax; James ban served​

Author NRL.com Timestamp Mon 14 Jun 2021, 08:01 PM

Share on social media​

St George Illawarra face a monumental task sustaining their top eight challenge after their meek surrender to last-placed Canterbury on the holiday Monday.
The Dragons cling to a playoff spot on percentages, sitting eighth but with the arch-rival Sharks (riding a three-game win streak), Raiders and Warriors all equal with them on 12 points.

Five-eighth Corey Norman and fullback Matt Dufty will be looking to put their best foot forward to attract the interest of rival clubs after being told they aren't in the Dragons' plans but Dufty in particular needs to lift after a disheartening outing against the Bulldogs.
Canberra, in contrast, are on a totally different trajectory after thumping the Broncos 38-16 in a display that had coach Ricky Stuart declaring Canberra were getting their mojo back.

Match: Dragons v Raiders​

Round 15 - Saturday 19th June

5:30pm

Dragons
Home Team

Dragons

8th Position

Raiders
Away Team

Raiders

10th Position

Venue: WIN Stadium, Wollongong

Match broadcasters:

• Kayo
  • Foxtel
Buy Tickets

The rundown​

Team news​

Dragons: Coach Anthony Griffin will be sweating on centre and goal-kicker Zac Lomax (thumb) returning as scheduled in round 15 while Poasa Faamausili and Max Feagai could also resume after being sidelined by head knocks.
The Dragons face an anxious wait after Corey Norman, Blake Lawrie and Brayden Williame were all placed on report in the second half of the loss to Canterbury for high tackles.
Josh McGuire and Tyrell Fuimaono still have a week to serve on their suspensions.
Raiders: Veteran prop Ryan James is due back from suspension but may find it difficult to reclaim a place in the 17 after the Canberra pack performed so well against Brisbane.
The lack of injuries and judiciary issues arising from the round 14 triumph means there is a very good chance coach Ricky Stuart will stick with the same squad.

Match: Dragons v Raiders​

Round 15 - Saturday 19th June

5:30pm

Dragons
Home Team

Dragons

Away Team

Raiders

Venue: WIN Stadium, Wollongong

Last updated: 10:58 pm Monday 14th June 2021

Key match-up​

Ben Hunt v Sam Williams: The Dragons veteran has had a great season but had a few moments he'd like to forget against the Bulldogs. Hunt has three tries, 10 try assists, 19 offloads and 92 run metres a game in 10 outings. Long-time understudy Williams now has an extended run in the starting side following the departure of namesake George Williams. He has just a try, try assist, offload and line-break assist in three games and averages 42 run metres so he still has some way to go in the transition from solid caretaker to impact player.

Stat attack​

Raiders kickers Sam Williams and Jack Wighton will have to be at their quickest and most efficient against the Dragons who lead the NRL in charge-downs. The Red V have blocked seven kicks, three more than the second-placed Eels, while back-rower Tariq Sims (three) is also tops in the individual category.

Head to NRL Pick'Em and get pickin’ to win a share of $100,000 cash every week!

thebigredv

First Grade
Not going to solve all our issues but I really want to see Matt Feagai rushed back into first grade for this clash. He showed something in his debut. Ramsey can have a spell. Coach is not giving much away but it would appear he is going to bring our juniors through. This is all fine so long as they are given time and we are not wasting another season next year. Matt would add a lot more interest to the game. He's got the goods.

mickeylane

Bench
This team is a possibility this week.

Ramsay
M Fegai
Lomax
Williame
Rava

Norman or Amone
Hunt

JDB
Sims
Kerr
Vaughan
Macca
Lawrie

Norman or Amone
Poassa
??
??

thebigredv

First Grade
All the unwanted players need to be shuffled away from the 1st grade side before they do any more damage. Raiders will win by 30+ but I desperately don't want to see a repeat of what I saw against the Bulldogs.

From what I heard the coach doesn't agree. Broken record going back years now but I'd rather play the young prospects and be potentially hammered than watch more of this "oh should we try today boys or nah" jokers.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
This team is a possibility this week.

Ramsay
M Fegai
Lomax
Williame
Rava

Norman or Amone
Hunt

JDB
Sims