What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Win Loss Payments

boardlumps62

Juniors
I personally think it has come to this stage at the St George Illawarra Dragons. No more Contracts just MAtch Payments. Show me watch you got we'll think about it.

Gareth67

First Grade
I will go along with that idea . Pay them a base signing-on fee , then as you have suggested Boardlumps match payments until they have shown the club their true worth . You can throw in the halftime oranges as a bonus .

Only wished that is what we had done with this current mob of park footballers . At least we would have plenty of money left in our salary cap .

boardlumps62

Juniors
That's what I played for when a young bloke in the 70's. Oranges at halftime $7 for Reggies and $15 for First Grade and Jumper at Presentation Night.
These blokes need to have a good think about it. I will give JDB benefit of the doubt.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
I will go along with that idea . Pay them a base signing-on fee , then as you have suggested Boardlumps match payments until they have shown the club their true worth . You can throw in the halftime oranges as a bonus .

Only wished that is what we had done with this current mob of park footballers . At least we would have plenty of money left in our salary cap .
If we paid our blokes match payments they wouldnt have enough to buy their smoko......actually it would be a salad sandwich cut up with a laser and a can of coke with 17 straws

Last edited:

Gareth67

First Grade
We’d never sign anyone, let alone a decent player.

Agree mate , after a dismal season ( usually under our ex-maestro ) I would look forward to the off-season in the hope that the Dragons would sign a player or two of note .

But now there is Buckley’s chance of that happening , the only new recruits coming down Kogarah - er I mean Wollongong way in the future , will be deaf , dumb and if their lucky blind as well , ex- players with little or no ability whatsoever .

Upon completion of their contracts they will then automatically qualify to join the game’s most astute and proactive board in the entire NRL .

May the great footy gods take mercy upon us , we the long suffering fans of what was once the greatest rugby league team ever , as we are so tired of a team that constantly dishes-out only half-hearted performances and a board that still lives in the golden age .

Last edited:

Latest posts