What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

84 Baby

Referee
First grade is the best place for Haze at the moment and it’s going to take quite a few poor performances to drop him and Sivo is just being Sivo.
I’ve no doubt part of the reason Russell was picked is because it’ll be a lot easier to drop Russell even if he has a stellar game than it would be to drop Fergo if he has a likewise game.
A long term injury (touches my wood) to either winger and Fergo (unless Russell does have a blinder) will be straight in. But other than that, Fergo really needs to dominate reggies and show good defence.

emjaycee

Coach
First grade is the best place for Haze at the moment and it’s going to take quite a few poor performances to drop him and Sivo is just being Sivo.
I’ve no doubt part of the reason Russell was picked is because it’ll be a lot easier to drop Russell even if he has a stellar game than it would be to drop Fergo if he has a likewise game.
A long term injury (touches my wood) to either winger and Fergo (unless Russell does have a blinder) will be straight in. But other than that, Fergo really needs to dominate reggies and show good defence.
He (Fergo) just needs to "tidy up" the few things BA sent him back to reggies to work on...
In other words, we won't see him in FG again barring injuries.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
He (Fergo) just needs to "tidy up" the few things BA sent him back to reggies to work on...
What chance of him not being here after
What are the chances of him being here by the end of the year???

84 Baby

Referee
No you said dominate reggies.
How do you that's what BA asked him to do?
Do you even talk to BA?
Well “dominate reggies” is a very broad requirement. Assumedly given his skill and experience, if he does what BA has requested him to then that will naturally lead him to be dominating reggies.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Haze’s go forward isn’t as impressive as Fergo’s but he’s much less of a liability in defence.

Early days though...

I'd like to see him in some space though, he always seems to be right on the sideline and having to step inside all the time.

He makes 200 metres a game in NSW Cup but not so much in the NRL

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Does it include the year they were 18? And what about if they didn't debut until they were say 20, does an extra 2 years get included in the calculation?

#needdetails
So I take their total number of wins, and divide that by (their current age* minus 18).

It's an interesting stat but not particularly useful. It gets more useful as the player gets older, and says more about the quality of a player's career than a snapshot of his ability at a point in time.

*rounded to the nearest third or quarter year

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Daily telegraph NRL podcast suggests Moses doesn’t get on with Fergo which may be part of the reason for him not being picked. Also Blake apparently doesn’t get on with him

Buzz talks some crap about Fergo killing it in NSW cup / should be picked. And BA should give reason for Fergo not being picked.