What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

T.S Quint

Coach
Vossy was blowing up about this on his radio show on SEN the other day when i was driving into work.

If for example a kiwi player got suspended like Isaiah papalii he would miss more club games then say crichton or radley because of his nationality. Its a joke no wonder people gets the shits when a club like the roosters seem to get a leg up whenever they feel like from Head office.

You think suspended players should be allowed to play Origin?

lucablight

First Grade
Honestly?

Yes.

Cricthon is a much better player - he also costs a lot more.

The money we save allows us to beef up our forward pack.

Follow the Storm's philosophy - you only need players at centre who will do their jobs.

Splash on superstars for your spine, and forward pack.
If you want to look at it that way it’s fine but it seems to me that people are presenting statistics in a way to suggest that Opacic is a better player than Crichton.

Gazzamatta

Coach
If you want to look at it that way it’s fine but it seems to me that people are presenting statistics in a way to suggest that Opacic is a better player than Crichton.
Based on Bang for Buck Oppy shi*s All over him.
If money isn't a factor I'll have the Merc Sports please and someone else can drive my Datsun 180B.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Crichton and waqa blake is who we should be comparing with. As crichton was seen as waqa 2.0 according to Gus.

He reckons watching crichton as a kid he thought he was watching waqa clone playing in the juniors

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

I posted the stats, just to show Opacic has been going pretty decent compared to the better centre’s

But of course thoses centre’s are all better.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
why not both?

didnt we have MJ on our books when we bought papa? Don’t make out as having an expensive centre will cost us a player.
Mennings was on $400k, those centre’s wouId all be on $600k or so. We got Papa for $150k.

So yeah there is a chance we couldn’t afford both ….

why not both?

didnt we have MJ on our books when we bought papa? Don’t make out as having an expensive centre will cost us a player.

We had MJ on our books, but already subject to the PED charge. We've renewed and extended other contracts since then, so it's not really possible to work backwards from who was on the books at the time of a signing to estimate your budget going forward.