What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 15 V Roosters

Kilkenny

Coach
He made more tackles then Teddy.
Made more metres from less runs
Both had the same amount of errors
He kept up with the best fullback in the game at not 100%.

I was curious who the new scapegoat would be... I guess we found him
It was miserable. Tough conditions, cold, wet, slippery.

12-0 down. Led by a masterclass from Nathan we score 38 unanswered points and come away with a win which under the circumstances I thought would have pleased most.

Its different watching the game live at ground, in the rain, don’t have the benefit of commentary, replays, etc etc. I can’t believe Dylan was so poor for those of you watching from the comfort of your lounge chair because the one I watched at the game was terrific.

Really disappointing after getting back in the winners circle with a good win to come home and read some of the rubbish that has been written.

Kilkenny

Coach
Dylan is a value for money player no doubt. In saying that though his upper ceiling is 'above average' whilst his floor is pretty abysmal.

He didn't exactly have an abysmal game - but it was not good. If he played that way against the Storm his errors and bad play would have lost us the game.

That is the Achilles heel of our team. We have players whose errors/fear/brain explosions can LOSE you a game against the best teams. We got rid of one in Mansour. Kikau is another of those players and worryingly he doesn't appear to be improving. That is probably also a reason we are moving Nadan on. Liam Martin had that in his game in the past 2 seasons but has tidied up and has been rewarded with SOO selection.

Having these type of players in your team is bad enough but it is particularly dangerous in the spine. Gosh I hope Edwards irons it out and quickly. He was diabolical against the Tigers but you could excuse that as coming back from injury (Though the Truly Elite Fullbacks come back from injury and hit the ground running). But this is his 3rd game back and he still hasn't kicked his post injury form slump.
Maybe you are a real fan, sadly one with no f**king idea.

WestyLife

First Grade
He dropped the ball once and accidentally took it out at the end when the game was well and trully done.

He ran it 23 times for 216m, 5 tackle breaks.

Conditions were absoloutley terrible and all the roosters back 3 had more mistakes than Edwards.

Any fb in the comp would have made mistakes in those conditions, blowing a gail and pouring.

Every player in the NRL is a confidence player. Silly statement. Look at nathan! Look at jarome. There confidence is sky high and they are doing brilliant things. When their confidence is low they wouldnt be trying kicks on tackly 3!!

Dylan can be a tad rusty when hes coming back from injuries but for the most part he is a safe solid fb who works relentlessly at the back.

To say he is scared is beyond ridiculous. He caught that many brilliant bombs last night under pressure... lets one bounce and makes a drop ball in worst conditions weve played in a year and according to you lot his scared.

You and smug nail him yet hes had maybe 5 average games in 2 years and the rest hes been very very good.

Is normally in our top 3 for meters, tackle breaks every week..

Hes passing and kicking game is getting better each year cause he works so hard on it.

Its well known hes the fitttest player at the club and trains the house down.

To me, what a role model he is!! As a junior player at penrith id be looking up to Edwards. Yes he doesnt have turbo or teddys freakish abilities, but hes a perfect example of where dedication and committment can get you.

I said the difference between his best and worst is big and he shouldn't be dropped. You're being emotional.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Dylan had a shocking first half. His "work" at marker for the Roosters second try was very poor. You'll also drop some bombs in the wet but you MUST always contest them. At his best he's a soild player

The_Frog

First Grade
Once again the Roosters coach unable to find it within himself to concede that his side was beaten by a superior side. He preferred to blame the ref. This is not an elite coach in my opinion. I'll watch his post match with interest next game against the Storm.

Girds89

Bench
Staines still yours then?

No one has tried to blake staines at any point. People have just said some time in nsw cup will help his development.

He lacks confidence to run the ball. The only times hes truly opened up this year was to stop tries.

He gets it and looks to pass or hits the line at half pace. When he did that long pass to Luai last night it wouldve been nice to see him just pin the ears back, there line was terribly broken up. But he gets worried and passes.

Hes done plenty of good things this year, done plenty of average things too but for the most part i still think hes not getting involved enough.

Even in games we are belting teams hes not getting involved enough.

You talk about confidence in Edwards... what about staines...

You said Edwards cant have a game like that against melbourne in a gf... 216m and 5 tackle busts for 1 mistake...

Well i can promise a gf against melbs would be an arm wrestle and wed need every player to get involved. Wed need our backs to help us out non stop cause the forwards would be gassed. Theres two blokes in our backline that NEVER stop looking for work or trying to get involved to help the team out and i know who id count on to get us out of trouble burried in our end.

Again, not trying to bag Charlie. Hes the future obviously. But hes young, still building his strength body and confidence. Ivan putting him back for 2 weeks or so to fb in nsw cup and telling him to run run run, see how involved you can get, how many touches etc. That would be good for his development and confidence.

Anyway, i thought nathans game last night was the best game from a panthers half back since gowie in his prime.

Hes such a special player

Smug Panther

First Grade
No one has tried to blake staines at any point. People have just said some time in nsw cup will help his development.

He lacks confidence to run the ball. The only times hes truly opened up this year was to stop tries.

He gets it and looks to pass or hits the line at half pace. When he did that long pass to Luai last night it wouldve been nice to see him just pin the ears back, there line was terribly broken up. But he gets worried and passes.

Hes done plenty of good things this year, done plenty of average things too but for the most part i still think hes not getting involved enough.

You said Edwards cant have a game like that against melbourne in a gf... 216m and 5 tackle busts for 1 mistake...

Well i can promise a gf against melbs would be an arm wrestle and wed need every player to get involved. Wed need our backs to help us out non stop cause the forwards would be gassed. Theres two blokes in our backline that NEVER stop looking for work or trying to get involved to help the team out and i know who id count on to get us out of trouble burried in our end.

Again, not trying to bag Charlie. Hes the future obviously. But hes young, still building his strength body and confidence. Ivan putting him back for 2 weeks or so to fb in nsw cup and telling him to run run run, see how involved you can get, how many touches etc. That would be good for his development and confidence.

Anyway, i thought nathans game last night was the best game from a panthers half back since gowie in his prime.

I don't want to keep going on on about Dylan but he made 3 big mistakes not 1. Anyways he 2 weeks off to get his fitness back up

Girds89

Bench
Dylan had a shocking first half. His "work" at marker for the Roosters second try was very poor. You'll also drop some bombs in the wet but you MUST always contest them. At his best he's a soild player

His avg stats have him in top 4 fbs in the comp.

Thats just going off nrl.com.

The interesting one is average for Negative plays- so drop balls forward passes etc. Dylans average isnt even in top 50... and the whole top 50 is basically backline players and fbs.

Including our own charlie staines and critta.

The myth that dylan is unsafe is just that.

Hes one of the safest fbs in the comp.

I don't want to keep going on on about Dylan but he made 3 big mistakes not 1. Anyways he 2 weeks off to get his fitness back up

The marker try was terrible by fish and yeo and edwards. Jfh and yeo both made the tackle and didnt split at marker and both went right leaving a massive hole for dylan to try cover. Was poor by all 3.

Mate hes the fittest player at the club. Two weeks off to sit and think about his confidence and catch soapy balls maybe?

Hit parade of smug!

“I’m your smuggie, I’m your fire, at your desire.”

Wow, the clinical butchering of rorteria, a lesson they won’t forget for the rest of their history.

A proud foundation club, registering schoolboys and a perpetual full mongrel for the traitorous and pious sbw, on its f**king knees!!

A favourite moment for the smug hug here today.

That f**king dog high shot on Cleary half way through. It was so stupid, that prick isn’t smart enough to play the game.

Nate, he’s already on his way down, old mate decided to give his head a squeeze for fun in the face of vlandy ball nazi transgression rules.

Nate is a big big tough lad, and the applied force was ridiculously weak and flaccid. Our cat would have purred it away.

Nate didn’t even feel it.

But, I think it was Happy, saw it close up and thought to himself;

“ U piece of shiz, I’m going to punch your head off ya shoulders, rip your heart out, you dumb prick.”

And he courageously ran into the fray to exact imminent justice onto dumb f**khead. Right the wrong.

I honestly expected a massive brawl to ensue to the point of having to call the game off.

Cooler heads prevailed.

“ Get off you human turd, you imbecile, lard brained asshole, scum of the earth” I thought and so it was.

and hence smug then belted them into the next world.

Just above chat re Dylan, he’s a legend. Biggest heart in the side. I won’t tolerate a single word against him. You’re lucky to have him.

...and never forget that dickhead Tedesco is in love with himself and a good belting is due until he learns some humility.

Yeo took about 4 defenders over the line with him. Lol. He was the happiest of the smug out there. Wonderful try, from nowhere.

Smug hugs. Great game. Dominant, back they go for lentil milkshakes and counselling! On ya way you post modern art gallery loving moofs.

They had to resort to cheating to win and you slit their throats and murdered them right where they stood!’

“ nates got it, yeah baby he’s got it. I’m your smuggie, I’m your fire, at your desire”

Last edited:

Kilkenny

Coach
The Roosters were under strength and we were back to being close to full strength.

Even allowing for the fact we were entitled to win comfortably based on the fact the Roosters were undermanned I thought there was a lot to take from the win, a lot of positives after our two losses.

age.s

First Grade
I like Edwards, don't think he played badly for most of last nights game and wouldn't want him dropped. Unfortunately I can't get the first two months of 2019 out of my head. Rightly or wrongly, the possibility of a sustained horror run of form sticks in my mind with him. I hope it never happens again because hes a willing guy who puts in for the team, but it's the kind of thing that can cost you premierships.

DinkyDi

Juniors
The Roosters were under strength and we were back to being close to full strength.

Even allowing for the fact we were entitled to win comfortably based on the fact the Roosters were undermanned I thought there was a lot to take from the win, a lot of positives after our two losses.
Corder did not play any games this year, so he should not be accounted for. Morris, and Friend's retirements, came out of the blue. Verrils, Keary, and Radley, are the other loses.

The emotion arising of the game was the best thing.

“the boys are back in town” was he message.

Normal smug programming resumed.

On the balance, It was a better game from Panthers than anything pre- soo this year. My view. Superb footy.

Imagine following esl in the north of England and watching that game, seeing the best of rugby league.

You’d be saying like “wtf is this?”

You’d be hard pressed to watch esl again.

And youd be like:

“ ...and this is a vanilla club game over there?!”

and

“ Beryl, are you f**king taping this my love?!”

Those Roosters turned up to play, they were having a red hot go.

Last edited:

DinkyDi

Juniors
For those who can not access the Telegraph, here's some stats, and articles from the game.

Attachments

• 201832179_10222598362480348_4760447471607585733_n.jpg
    201832179_10222598362480348_4760447471607585733_n.jpg
    366 KB · Views: 18
  • 197017897_10222598363000361_2042029734735402035_n.jpg
    197017897_10222598363000361_2042029734735402035_n.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 18

Girds89

Bench
Corder did not play any games this year, so he should not be accounted for. Morris, and Friend's retirements, came out of the blue. Verrils, Keary, and Radley, are the other loses.

Friend, hutchinson, bmoz, keary, walker, cordner, collins, radley, verrills, toupounia, butcher.

Thats a lot of star quality out. Cordber was still taking up cap and roster spot. Cant discount that.

I hate the chooks but can minimise how well theyve done this year given the horrific amount of players out theyve had.

DinkyDi

Juniors
Friend, hutchinson, bmoz, keary, walker, cordner, collins, radley, verrills, toupounia, butcher.

Thats a lot of star quality out. Cordber was still taking up cap and roster spot. Cant discount that.

I hate the chooks but can minimise how well theyve done this year given the horrific amount of players out theyve had.
I agree. My point is, Cordner, has not played for a while. Friend was in/out a lot. Morris, Radley, Verrills, and Toupounia, was their regular players.

franklin2323

Immortal

That try was all on JFH and Yeo both going the same way

franklin2323

Immortal

That is it for me. If we can get him injecting himself into the game it adds another layer to the attack.

This is the perfect time to do that as there are distruptions all across the comp. Once Origin is done it hopefully allows a fit, confident top 17 to get ready for the finals

Latest posts