What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 15 V Roosters

franklin2323

Immortal
I like Edwards, don't think he played badly for most of last nights game and wouldn't want him dropped. Unfortunately I can't get the first two months of 2019 out of my head. Rightly or wrongly, the possibility of a sustained horror run of form sticks in my mind with him. I hope it never happens again because hes a willing guy who puts in for the team, but it's the kind of thing that can cost you premierships.

I think people have the image of him because of that run. As @Girds89 pointed out stats wise he is going pretty well. Just needs to keep improving attack wise

WestyLife

First Grade
I think people have the image of him because of that run. As @Girds89 pointed out stats wise he is going pretty well. Just needs to keep improving attack wise

I only said he has a wide gap between his best and worse which is factual. Never even said he was bad or should be dropped/replaced. No worse than saying Staines should be dropped.

Fangs

Coach
Luai marked heavily by Manu. Cleary took the lead and had a blinder. He is in superb form.

Thought Staines had a good game as well. Some nice finishing. Made some crucial saves in defense and was good under the high ball. I've got no issue with him spending time in reserves but he really proved his worth tonight. The cream always rises to the top.

Munky

Coach
Luai marked heavily by Manu. Cleary took the lead and had a blinder. He is in superb form.

Thought Staines had a good game as well. Some nice finishing. Made some crucial saves in defense and was good under the high ball. I've got no issue with him spending time in reserves but he really proved his worth tonight. The cream always rises to the top.

Manu is close to the best defender in the game.

Reads the play well and sticks his first contact brilliantly.

franklin2323

Immortal
I only said he has a wide gap between his best and worse which is factual. Never even said he was bad or should be dropped/replaced. No worse than saying Staines should be dropped.

So you are happy for Staines to stay on his wing only having a handful of runs for his career?

WestyLife

First Grade
So you are happy for Staines to stay on his wing only having a handful of runs for his career?

He's a +12 points a game bonus for us with his try scoring and defence so I'll accept his weakness doing set starting runs.

My point is though we all might disagree and criticise different players and rate some others don't this idea that some players are untouchable is silly. I got smashed for criticising May yet here everyone is throwing insults and saying people shouldn't post because their favourite players have been mentioned. It's crap.

franklin2323

Immortal
He's a +12 points a game bonus for us with his try scoring and defence so I'll accept his weakness doing set starting runs.

My point is though we all might disagree and criticise different players and rate some others don't this idea that some players are untouchable is silly. I got smashed for criticising May yet here everyone is throwing insults and saying people shouldn't post because their favourite players have been mentioned. It's crap.
It is a pretty low bar to never want or expect a player to develop.

I get differences of opinion if there is reasoning behind it.

franklin2323

Immortal
Scores a try every game and has been saving them most weeks, He's going great. His cover defence is top notch

Such low expectations is why we will never be an elite of the comp.

The template for Staines should be Tom Turbo's role in SOO 1. Not sure how he gets to that level by keep doing the same

WestyLife

First Grade
It is a pretty low bar to never want or expect a player to develop.

I get differences of opinion if there is reasoning behind it.

I've given them. Staines is a fullback playing on the wing to develop him into a first grader or at least my best guess. Against Roosters they were far too right side dominant but maybe saw a weakness. He's also not a Mansour/To'o style winger. Only thing I want to see improve is getting him in the middle every once in a while.

hindy111

Post Whore
Once again the Roosters coach unable to find it within himself to concede that his side was beaten by a superior side. He preferred to blame the ref. This is not an elite coach in my opinion. I'll watch his post match with interest next game against the Storm.

He wears make up and looks like he gets both injections....

chrisD

Coach
Good game. A team worth getting soaked to see. Martin and the halves were fantastic.

I don't like that yet again in a big game an opposition front rower is the best player at the start of the game.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Such low expectations is why we will never be an elite of the comp.

The template for Staines should be Tom Turbo's role in SOO 1. Not sure how he gets to that level by keep doing the same
What a ridiculous statement the kid is a rookie and killing it. He should be roaming but that's on Ivan not him

hindy111

Post Whore
Leota imo was a stand out in forwards. I'll check stats but it was the best game I've seen from him this year.

Latest posts