What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Yes I agree that a certain type of player wants to play under him and those being players he already has had an impact on

but the club doesn’t seem to be in a position to be able to convince players such as Dale Finucane or even Nicho Hynes to join , players who have had no association with Hook or the club previously
Yes-while Hook dismissed Hynes from their plans, TPJ to replace the ageing Sims imo is the big test- we have no obvious lower grade back row talent as we do with the backs- if the club is simply going to wave him through to the Tigers, you have to wonder about the thought processes of Hook, Haran and Millward.

redv13

Bench
Yes-while Hook dismissed Hynes from their plans, TPJ to replace the ageing Sims imo is the big test- we have no obvious lower grade back row talent as we do with the backs- if the club is simply going to wave him through to the Tigers, you have to wonder about the thought processes of Hook, Haran and Millward.
The problem with TPJ is his judiciary record. If he simply farts these days he’s missing multiple weeks. That in my eyes is a turn off especially under the current climate

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
The problem with TPJ is his judiciary record. If he simply farts these days he’s missing multiple weeks. That in my eyes is a turn off especially under the current climate

Well- he'll have a few mates at the Dragons with similar records- Josh McGuire, Fui and now Rava-about to go for a 4 week stretch. Hopefully Hook is a better long-term disciplinarian than Kevvie who nobody seems to be able to understand up there!

BLM01

First Grade
Our signing for next year Francis Molo has been picked on the bench for Queensland for game 2

Ben Hunt has been picked at 14

Andrew McCullough has been picked at 9
Wow 3 dragons players selected for SOO
We are in form or desperate measures in response to desperate times

blacksafake

First Grade
Our signing for next year Francis Molo has been picked on the bench for Queensland for game 2

Ben Hunt has been picked at 14

Andrew McCullough has been picked at 9
Ben is a no brainer for 14. Molo is a surprise but they're a bit light on in the forwards.
McCullough is a shock & seems desperate. They obviously think Ben at 14 is a better balance.
Hopefully they'll get through without any injuries & lose of course lol.

getsmarty

Immortal
Ben is a no brainer for 14. Molo is a surprise but they're a bit light on in the forwards.
McCullough is a shock & seems desperate. They obviously think Ben at 14 is a better balance.
Hopefully they'll get through without any injuries & lose of course lol.

McCullough is a tackling machine....he would have been bought in to tighten up the middle.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
Milford at the right price could work.
Given we are mixing and matching the 5/8 and FB role anyway right now.
BUT.......$400k pa max for 2 seasons plus incentives per game is all I would take the risk with.

The real question is could Bird do better at 5/8 ? with Bud learning and growing along Junior?

Adolf_Spritzer

Juniors
I think they'd need a fullback with a solid kicking game to accommodate Bird in the halves. I'm not sure we'd get the best of Hunt lumping majority of the kicking duties onto him, and I'm not sure the balance would be right with two 'running' halves and an inexperienced fullback.

Not saying I like it, but I could see their position on retaining Norman (I realise they went in another direction) or them looking at bringing in Milford on account of their kicking games.

Can we afford to carry two inexperienced juniors in crucial spine positions next year?

Gareth67

First Grade
I think they'd need a fullback with a solid kicking game to accommodate Bird in the halves. I'm not sure we'd get the best of Hunt lumping majority of the kicking duties onto him, and I'm not sure the balance would be right with two 'running' halves and an inexperienced fullback.

Not saying I like it, but I could see their position on retaining Norman (I realise they went in another direction) or them looking at bringing in Milford on account of their kicking games.

Can we afford to carry two inexperienced juniors in crucial spine positions next year?

Yes it would be tremendous if we did have a player who could kicked the badder out of the ball at fullback. As you have said Adolf it would certainly take the pressure of Hunt and also our forwards by making easy yardage .

Oh for the days of Langlands , Keith Barnes , Eric Simms and we cannot leave out Kevin ‘ lumpy ‘ Longbottom .