What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corey Norman

Rob Dragon 1

Juniors
Surely it is not a surprise that the Club is letting Norman and Dufty go. There are plenty of five-eights out there right now however, I feel sure that Hook will play Sullivan and Amone at 6 next season. So, no Johnston, Milford, or any of the others being spoken about.

As for fullback, again I feel absolutely sure Hook with continue with Ramsey and also test Sloan at fullback to see how each of them performs. So, where will the dollars be spent? It has to be in the forwards. Not sure who Griffins targets are but let's hope they are a big improvement of what we have.
8. Lawrie is a forum favorite.
McCullough is making 60 tackles a day.
Vaughan is the best forward on the Field.

It goes on, Can't really see who they will get rid of.
Agree with all of your thoughts. I am however missing something here. With Norman, Dufty, McInness and Merrin gone from the roster (around $2.3M on the salary cap) and with Molo singed on a reported $600K deal; where is the remaining money being spent? Surely not all on McCulloch and McGuire? By my estimation these two could only be on a combined $900K or so leaving an additional $800K to chase a key backrow forward. I am of course assuming that the De Belin salary is already accounted for? If it isn't then Millward has shot us in the foot/head with his recruitment. If we are at the salary cap limit with this squad I'll run naked down the Bruce Highway....today!!!

Dragon David

First Grade
Agree with all of your thoughts. I am however missing something here. With Norman, Dufty, McInness and Merrin gone from the roster (around $2.3M on the salary cap) and with Molo singed on a reported $600K deal; where is the remaining money being spent? Surely not all on McCulloch and McGuire? By my estimation these two could only be on a combined $900K or so leaving an additional $800K to chase a key backrow forward. I am of course assuming that the De Belin salary is already accounted for? If it isn't then Millward has shot us in the foot/head with his recruitment. If we are at the salary cap limit with this squad I'll run naked down the Bruce Highway....today!!!
But don't forget to put your runners on before you do!

denis preston

First Grade
Got a feeling if the real salaries were published fans would burn down Millwards house ! Sure Hunt, Norman, Vaughan, Debellin, Mcguire, Lomax & McCulloch would take up half of this but 4.5 mill for the others ? Who else would be on good coin ?

Dragonslayer

First Grade

I think you have to take a look at who is coming off contract in 2022 and those who may have back-ended deals. Vaughan, for example has taken up his player option, so that has to be taken into consideration also.

Players off-contract (2022) - Alvaro, Bird (When do the Broncos stop paying subsidy for him?), Burns, Clune, Faama, Max and Mat Feagai, Ford, Lawrie, Sims, Maguire, Sullivan, Vaughan.

Surely you'd keep funds for upgrades to keep other clubs from poaching, such as Feagai's and Sullivan. Lawrie probably due for an upgrade as well. These all become "available" as of Nov 1. Plus factor in Molo as well. There also maybe progressive salary contracts as well. And, finally add in those we plan to re-sign from the off-contract list this year and anyone else we recruit.

Not as clear cut as in and out, many variables and chess pieces to move around the board.

Gareth67

First Grade
Got a feeling if the real salaries were published fans would burn down Millwards house ! Sure Hunt, Norman, Vaughan, Debellin, Mcguire, Lomax & McCulloch would take up half of this but 4.5 mill for the others ? Who else would be on good coin ?

Come on gents , surely you must have an inkling C3F4E641-1879-41A0-809A-4D185D49946E.jpegof where the money will be going to - do I have to spell it out for you ?

Mary’s pension ! You don’t think that he walked away without a pension plan do you . The bloke may not had been any oil painting , but financially he was a genius. 😶

Last edited:

getsmarty

Immortal

Millward had to pay overs under the previous coach..eg Suli offered 600K because coach wanted him....Hunt was cheap at the time comparative to other halves...those days are over...

Griffin will not pay overs....about balance in the squad....He is trying to undo the mess that he was left with.

thebigredv

First Grade
Millward had to pay overs under the previous coach..eg Suli offered 600K because coach wanted him....Hunt was cheap at the time comparative to other halves...those days are over...

Griffin will not pay overs....about balance in the squad....He is trying to undo the mess that he was left with.

I know it's much easier in hindsight but the individuals responsible for signing Corey Norman at such an inflated price should have no right to have anything to do with this club ever again.

He wasn't even on the way up at the time as a player, and did not have a great rep off the field. Only just now is he playing anything that resembles good rugby league.

I'm behind Hook on his methodology so that this kind of desperate purchase never happens again.

getsmarty

Immortal
I know it's much easier in hindsight but the individuals responsible for signing Corey Norman at such an inflated price should have no right to have anything to do with this club ever again.

He wasn't even on the way up at the time as a player, and did not have a great rep off the field. Only just now is he playing anything that resembles good rugby league.

I'm behind Hook on his methodology so that this kind of desperate purchase never happens again.

blacksafake

First Grade

A warning before opening would have been nice @getsmarty lol
I spat my coffee out when his melon came up😳

Latest posts