What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jayden Sullivan

mickeylane

Bench
Sullivan will have lost a whole year by the time he recovers from his broken toe and will only get a 1st-grade chance this year if we are out of the semi running and we won't be until the last few rounds...so I can't see him being a starting half in 2022 with less than 4 x 1st grade games under his belt ...

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Sullivan will have lost a whole year by the time he recovers from his broken toe and will only get a 1st-grade chance this year if we are out of the semi running and we won't be until the last few rounds...so I can't see him being a starting half in 2022 with less than 4 x 1st grade games under his belt ...
Hopefully Amone and Bud have a strong finish to the season in reserves. They will duel it out over the off season. Same with Sloan he’s probably not ready for the week in week out NRL either. Ramsey scored 2 tries on debut, and a full length of the fielder that was disallowed but as the niggles pile up so does the criticism. I would like to see all 3 Sloan, Bud, Amone dominate at cup level and build a nice combination. When chances pop up they can have a run. We are still in finals contention.

mickeylane

Bench
Hopefully Amone and Bud have a strong finish to the season in reserves. They will duel it out over the off season. Same with Sloan he’s probably not ready for the week in week out NRL either. Ramsey scored 2 tries on debut, and a full length of the fielder that was disallowed but as the niggles pile up so does the criticism. I would like to see all 3 Sloan, Bud, Amone dominate at cup level and build a nice combination. When chances pop up they can have a run. We are still in finals contention.
I always find it different for a winger to debut as a youngster compared to a 1, 6, 7 which are really critical positions...

slippery5

Juniors
Geez, what about Reece Walsh playing SOO after just "7 x 1st grade games"

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I always find it different for a winger to debut as a youngster compared to a 1, 6, 7 which are really critical positions...
Yeah of course which is even more reason to ensure they are ready. I guarantee, actually promise as soon as Sloan drops a few, loses us a couple of games with bad defence and drops a bit of speed due to niggling injuries while his body adjusts the knives will come out in here sooner or later. I won’t be one of them as I know our crop are not Reece Walsh, Ponga type players that are good to go straight away. They will have their ups and downs.

RedVDave

First Grade
1. Evander Cummins
3. Travis Roache
4. David Howell
6. Ritchie Williams
7. Jayden Sullivan
8. Rory O’Brien
9. Daniel Fepalui
10. Shannon Wakeman
11. Michael Howell
12. Jack Bosden
13. Matt Mundine

I’m short a couple of wingers.. Any suggestions to help fill the forum “future superstar” 13?

Tom Hewitt??

And possibly Charly Runciman??

mickeylane

Bench
Geez, what about Reece Walsh playing SOO after just "7 x 1st grade games"
Your not comparing Reece Walsh to Buddy? Chalk and cheese re class.. one player is a total gun and has ripped teams apart in his first 5 games of 1st grade . the other has yet to do anything of any significance on his first few games of 1st grade..

Dracarys

Juniors
I get a kick out of seeing Runciman in the RedV again. Debuted 10 years ago and at the tail-end of a career only a diehard would have an inkling of...must just love playing.

slippery5

Juniors
Your not comparing Reece Walsh to Buddy? Chalk and cheese re class.. one player is a total gun and has ripped teams apart in his first 5 games of 1st grade . the other has yet to do anything of any significance on his first few games of 1st grade..
No but, I think if you can play SOO after 7 games, it's possible someone can play regular 1st grade after 4 games.

denis preston

First Grade
Could be special this kid. The club has looked after him as well as it would be devastating to lose him. Don't understand Hooks thinking with Norman , it is maryesk ! He must be getting a bonus for making the 8 ?

We are not going to win the comp so flick Norman and put this kid in for the rest of the year with Sloan/Amone & Feagel. It will give these kids a real idea of what they are to work on in the offseason.

be55

Juniors
Yeh please do. Blues U18 rep. Blistering on his feet this kid. Put Amone into a gap in his only NRL game.. so has ball skills too. Just may be the real deal for a log term half.
Our future and someone that we should all be excited about...i know some kids don't live up to the hype but I'm a bad judge if Bud is one of those...Give him a couple of years and he will be the one leading our charge back to the promised lands...Throw in Sloane and Junior and as hopeless as things might seem at the moment, in time these are the kids who can get us back to where we belong...

Coming from someone who is fairly disillusioned with the state of things at the moment, as they say, "It's always darkest before the dawn"...with these kids it's hard not to be excited for what the future might hold...