What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 20 v Rabbits

Dragonslayer

First Grade
What odds are we to win this?

Still to serve their 1 game suspension - JDB, Bird, Kerr, Lawrie, Maguire, Beale

Available - Rava, Lomax, Alvaro, Williame (?)

Team list:
1. Sloan
2. Max F
3. Bird
4. Lomax
5. Ravalawa
6. Bud (but i think it will be Norman)
7. Hunt
8. Maguire
9. Macca
10. Lawrie
11. Fui
12. Sims
13. Ford

14. Amone
15. Alvaro
16. Poasa/Ellis/JHunt
17. Burns

Serving suspensions - JDB, Kerr, Beale

thebigredv

First Grade
Rava Lomax and Alvaro are not available.
Taunoa Brown back to Warriors too.
I think JDB Lawrie Kerr out.

I think Hook can start blaming the BBQ after this one. Some say that was the worst team they'd ever seen play, I shudder to think about the team named to play a strong Souths outfit.

The very best we can hope for is to aim up and not been obliterated. It's a mess of mass proportions.

redv13

Bench
I think Hook can start blaming the BBQ after this one. Some say that was the worst team they'd ever seen play, I shudder to think about the team named to play a strong Souths outfit.

The very best we can hope for is to aim up and not been obliterated. It's a mess of mass proportions.
Yep. We’re absolutely f**ked this week. If we’re lucky we’ll only lose by 40. So disappointing that it’s come to this

Gareth67

First Grade
With a bit of luck Bennett may decide to rest some of his stars and the Dragons record a 48 - 18 victory !

On the other hand he may decide not to underestimate the rampaging Dragons and our boys are mauled by some ridiculous scoreline that other teams attempt to emulate .

May the good Lord be merciful to we long suffering fans .

BLM01

First Grade

Still to serve their 1 game suspension - JDB, Bird, Kerr, Lawrie, Maguire, Beale

Team list:
1. Sloan
2. Max F
3. Bird
4. Lomax
5. Ravalawa
7. Hunt
8. Maguire
9. Macca
10. Lawrie
11. Fui
12. Sims
13. Ford

14. Amone
15. Alvaro
16. Poasa/Ellis/JHunt
17. Burns

DS think you will find Rava has 1 more week.. he got 4 and our bye was during that time
Anyway Dragons 1-12

Dragonslayer

First Grade

Team list:
1. Sloan
2. Max F
3. Bird
4. Lomax
5. Ravalawa
7. Hunt
8. Maguire
9. Macca
10. Lawrie
11. Fui
12. Sims
13. Ford

14. Amone
15. Alvaro
16. Poasa/Ellis/JHunt
17. Burns

In light of what George has said:

1. Dufty
2. Max F
3. Bird
4. Beale
5. Sloan (but probably JP)
6. Bud (but probably Norman)
7. Hunt
8. Maguire
9. Macca
10. Poasa
11. Fui
12. Sims
13. Ford

14. Amone (but probably Clune)
15. JHunt
16. Ellis
17. Burns

thebigredv

First Grade
I am feeling quite disconsolate right now, I must confess. Really thought we'd develop further as a team by now. I know there are some who think we will soon be on the improve, but that's cold comfort when we have more seasons' worth of repair to get anywhere near the top 4 teams.

One thing I am done with are these early season winning streaks that we seem to come up with in recent seasons. Sure, they are certified victories in their own right but they set our hopes up so high to be smashed every time, and they mask real issues that exist amongst our playing group. I'd rather finish a season firing, when all the good teams are humming. Maybe it makes no difference but I'd rather be pleasantly surprised than watching this slow motion train crash play out over and over.

getsmarty

Immortal
I am feeling quite disconsolate right now, I must confess. Really thought we'd develop further as a team by now. I know there are some who think we will soon be on the improve, but that's cold comfort when we have more seasons' worth of repair to get anywhere near the top 4 teams.

One thing I am done with are these early season winning streaks that we seem to come up with in recent seasons. Sure, they are certified victories in their own right but they set our hopes up so high to be smashed every time, and they mask real issues that exist amongst our playing group. I'd rather finish a season firing, when all the good teams are humming. Maybe it makes no difference but I'd rather be pleasantly surprised than watching this slow motion train crash play over and over.

Understand how you feel....take into account..we have never had so many players suspended during a season ( Thanks NRL ) and we were already skinny at the start of the year depth wise.

Rava and lomax are our best right side combo...when was the last time they both played together....etc...

Year is over....Just hope the boys can play with some pride in the jersey...this week could get really ugly due to the lack of troups.

Last edited:

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Understand how you feel....take into account..we have never had so many players suspended during a season ( Thanks NRL ) and we were already skinny at the start of the year depth wise.

Rava and lomax are our best right side combo...when did they both play together....etc...

Year is over....Just hope the boys can play with some pride in the jersey...this week could get really ugly due to the lack of troups.
Hopefully Rava can come back and spend the rest of the year working on his technique. He’s too good to lose to Vlandy. Maybe he can watch Angus Crichton, he seems to be able to disguise a shoulder charge pretty well.

thebigredv

First Grade

Rava and lomax are our best right side combo...when did they both play together....etc...

I am well aware of those reasons getsmarty. We will automatically go better if we can keep the same team on the park.

However, go back to rounds and 6-8 of the season. Those were decent teams we were able to field. That's when the old chestnuts like ball handling and discipline reared their head. Wouldn't happen in a really competitive team 3 weeks in a row. From that time we lost our linespeed and the team lost its way.

These are the moments in a season that we can't ignore and make excuses for. We need to bottle what we had Rounds 2-5. It exists with Hook as coach but how to sustain it is the million dollar question.

Last edited:

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
1.Dufty
2.JP
3.Bird
4.Fuimaono
5.Feagai
6.Norman
7.Hunt
8.Poasa
9.Macca
10.Lawrie
11.Sims
12.Burns
13.McGuire
14.Ford
15.Ellis
16.J.Hunt
17. Amone
This is who I would pick put a bit of size in the backs to help our below par pack out. We will only compete if we play a gritty style and try to bash them. It would be so stupid not to suspend Beale this week with Lomax back next and our lack of forwards.

getsmarty

Immortal
I am well aware of those reasons getsmarty. We will automatically go better if we can keep the same team on the park.

However, go back to rounds and 6-8 of the season. Those were decent teams we were able to field. That's when the old chestnuts like ball handling and disciple reared their head. Wouldn't happen in a really competitive team 3 weeks in a row. From that time we lost our linespeed and the team lost its way.

These are the moments in a season that we can't ignore and make excuses for. We need to bottle what we had Rounds 2-5. It exists with Hook as coach but how to sustain it is the million dollar question.

Agree...But you don't change bad habits overnight....one of the quotes that a reliable poster stated sums it up...words to the effect that our new staff in the preseason " couldn't believe how poor our general skill level was for an NRL team "

Whether correct or not, explains a lot of things....

thebigredv

First Grade
Agree...But you don't change bad habits overnight....one of the quotes that a reliable poster stated sums it up...words to the effect that our new staff in the preseason " couldn't believe how poor our general skill level was for an NRL team "

Whether correct or not, explains a lot of things....

I will be holding a prayer vigil for the NSW Under 19s. All are welcome. God help them.

Latest posts