What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 20 v Storm

The_Frog

First Grade
I'm trying to find some positives.

1. Its a Melbourne home game but will be played at Suncorp.
2. Papenhuyzen is playing off the bench, so limited minutes for him.
3. Big Nelson has been given the week off ( thanks Craig ).
4. We didn't let Burto go to the Dogs early ( smart Ivan ).
5. Panthers are paying $5.50 with Sports Bet, won't get better odds than this for the next 18 months.

If you can think of some more please add them to the list.
I'm going to restock the fridge. I think it may be a long Saturday night.
A positive: The NRL cannot have one of its best 2 teams beating the other by a huge score. So Klein and Perenara will help us keep the scoreline semi-respectable. A spot of scoreline management might be in order.

Black Diamond

Juniors
I am fully aware of that fact. My point is that all these injuries did not occur during origin. In fact, I think the origin experience will help us.
You were replying to a post that said origin ruined our year and saying that only I injury occurred in origin. I was merely pointing out that the wear and tear from origin also causes injuries so origin in fact did in contribute to ruining our year to some extent.

murraymob

Coach
This will test Cleary as a coach we need to change a few thing in our game .hit fast move fast.Move up fast in defence even if that means giving a few 6 agains again

Fangs

Coach
Glad Nathan has missed out. If we compete in the right areas the score won't get out of hand.

franklin2323

Immortal
Ivan hasnt really messed with his named teams this year. Wont be suprised just to see 1-17

Then we have to hope Kenny doesn't need a HIA or anything.

The last time there was a major player out. May played 7 in the 4 jersey. So I wouldn't rule a change or 2

hindy111

Post Whore
Too is your 2nd best player. Storm will win by a margin.
The rest of season will be interesting. Will still finish top 3.
Does 2nd or 3rd matter if no home final?

murraymob

Coach
We play side 3 and side 4 in the run home win those games we stay in 2 and avoid storm early in the semi draw

Kilkenny

Coach
You have to beat whomever you come up against.

We we’re travelling really well and in a short space of time it is unraveling.

It is what it is, we have to rise above it, and somehow hang in there and put ourselves in the mix.

Nathan Cleary is key to everything, a 80% fit Cleary is better than any of our other options. His kicking game alone makes us somewhat competitive even if we are missing other keys players.

An edge of Burton, Naden, Jennings will have Bellyache licking his lips. Good test for both those players and the coaching staff.

I am still confident!! Do us proud Panthers!!

Girds89

Bench
Real chance brian is gone for p
You have to beat whomever you come up against.

We we’re travelling really well and in a short space of time it is unraveling.

It is what it is, we have to rise above it, and somehow hang in there and put ourselves in the mix.

Nathan Cleary is key to everything, a 80% fit Cleary is better than any of our other options. His kicking game alone makes us somewhat competitive even if we are missing other keys players.

This is spot on.

Doesnt matter if too, api, yeo are out. If nathan is on the park we are a chance imo. Doesnt go the other way tho. Need nath fit to get anywhere near the trophy.

Kilkenny

Coach
Real chance brian is gone for p

This is spot on.

Doesnt matter if too, api, yeo are out. If nathan is on the park we are a chance imo. Doesnt go the other way tho. Need nath fit to get anywhere near the trophy.
No Nathan no premiership it really is that simple.

No JFH, no Yeo, no To’o probably just as damaging to our chances but at the end of the day it really is all about Nathan, without him we simply can’t win the premiership.

Smug Panther

First Grade
No Nathan no premiership it really is that simple.

No JFH, no Yeo, no To’o probably just as damaging to our chances but at the end of the day it really is all about Nathan, without him we simply can’t win the premiership.
We don't always agree mate but you're spot on here

Kilkenny

Coach
We don't always agree mate but you're spot on here
We don’t have to agree mate, opinions are what they are.

Realistically, our season has not gone the way we had hoped.

It is what it is, we somehow just need to grind out some wins, hope to finish in the top four, and just maybe be somewhere near full strength leading into the playoffs.

Munted

Bench
It will be a fun game, nothing to lose.
Can't expect this disjointed line up to run out and f**k the storm up.
Keep the scoreline respectful and just ensure everyone has a dig, that'll be good.
If the storm have an off night, we just have to be in it to stay close.

GongPanther

Referee
I'm trying to find some positives.

1. Its a Melbourne home game but will be played at Suncorp.
2. Papenhuyzen is playing off the bench, so limited minutes for him.
3. Big Nelson has been given the week off ( thanks Craig ).
4. We didn't let Burto go to the Dogs early ( smart Ivan ).
5. Panthers are paying $5.50 with Sports Bet, won't get better odds than this for the next 18 months.

If you can think of some more please add them to the list.
I'm going to restock the fridge. I think it may be a long Saturday night.
6. It can't get any worse? (touch wood)