What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd20: Parra v Roosters GAME DAY thread @ Mackay 29/7/21

84 Baby

Referee
I don't agree at all.

The pass wasn't a great play, but Sivo made eye contact with Gutho - he knew the pass was coming.

Sivo simply half-arsed it, like he usually goes about his business.

His spray to Opacic was well-warranted.

Like him or hate him, Gutho is out there giving 100% every match - he has every right to blow up at people doing stupid shit, imo.
And he should be giving 100%
But he’s hardly had a great season.
And it’s not really inspirational stuff yelling at your teammate to stop being a stupid merkin.
And too busy whinging there to step in front of Manu

PARRA_FAN

Coach
No sorry to say but they are gone. Mentally gone!! That is a rubbish performance tonight. They cant beat a depleted Roosters team, what hope have they got in the finals. They are wasting their time in the finals.

Eelementary

Post Whore
And he should be giving 100%
But he’s hardly had a great season.
And it’s not really inspirational stuff yelling at your teammate to stop being a stupid merkin.
And too busy whinging there to step in front of Manu

No debate from me - he hasn't had a great year.

But it seems clear (to me, at least) that the coach won't call players out for playing poorly, so Gutherson steps in to do so as skipper.

I'd prefer a calmer approach, sure - but I don't begrudge him. Opacic is a bone-head.

84 Baby

Referee
No debate from me - he hasn't had a great year.

But it seems clear (to me, at least) that the coach won't call players out for playing poorly, so Gutherson steps in to do so as skipper.

I'd prefer a calmer approach, sure - but I don't begrudge him. Opacic is a bone-head.
If that’s the case (I don’t reckon it is - BA sticks with players but I reckon he tells them they’re shit at training) then he should be calling BA out on it as captain

Chipmunk

Coach
We've completely lost our way...

We were given plenty of opportunities to score but our attack is clueless. The only way we looked like scoring was off a plucky last tackle bomb and hope for the best.

Our defence wasn't really put under that much pressure during the game, but when it was it went missing very quickly.

Sure the injuries during the contest didn't help our cause, but we didn't look likely even when they were out there. I'm not sure Waqa Blake would have done any better than Smith under the circumstances anyway.

That Roosters side isn't even that good, but we made them look like World beaters. All the errors and penalties from the Roosters couldn't even keep us in the contest.

I'm not looking forward to the next five games at all. The signs have been there for a fair while now, but as I expected against another Top 6 side, all our defiencies were going to be duly exposed.

Happy MEel

First Grade
This is a carbon copy of last year. Moses gets injured, our worsening attack becomes non-existent and we never really recover