What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd20: Parra v Roosters GAME DAY thread @ Mackay 29/7/21

emjaycee

Coach
We have Gutherson, Sivo and Ferguson in the backs. How is that not having strike?
Sivo has strike within the 20 only. Otherwise he is slow and too often out of position.
Fergo is passed it... apart from the odd linebreak (like last week), his finishing is getting poorer and he doesn't bend the line.
Gutho isn't our problem but can't do it all on his own (and when he tries, merkins on here call him a hog).

lucablight

First Grade
What if it's the players?

Sivo
Opacic
Smith
Jarthur
Fergo

That's 5 of tonight's backs who wouldn't make Penrith, Melbourne or Souths 2021 top 17 (maybe Melbourne would pick Sivo for Gennings at the start of the year).
Ferguson and Sivo would easily make the backline of all of those sides. You’re grossly underrating our players if you think they’re a sixth placed side at best.

Happy MEel

First Grade

Sivo
Opacic
Smith
Jarthur
Fergo

That's 5 of tonight's backs who wouldn't make Penrith, Melbourne or Souths 2021 top 17 (maybe Melbourne would pick Sivo for Gennings at the start of the year).
You reckon Chris Lewis, Dean Ierema or Aaron Pene make our team? Penrith’s bench is average this week as well. Most teams carry nuffies at this time of the year. The difference is that these nuffies come into a system that is well coached and shit attitudes are weeded out pretty quickly.

yy_cheng

Coach
I'd look at hiring another halves coach - Dylan Brown has all the talent in the world, but Joey seems to have helped DylBro regress, rather than improve.
It might be Dylan. He doesnt seem like someone who has the attention span to absorb what joey says.

He doesn't seem like a student of the game

Eelementary

Post Whore
It might be Dylan. He doesnt seem like someone who has the attention span to absorb what joey says.

He doesn't seem like a student of the game

Possibly. He is quite young, after all.

Buy I don't know - given his effort levels every week, I see a desire to improve in him, but there just doesn't seem to be any direction on how.

Chipmunk

Coach

Sivo
Opacic
Smith
Jarthur
Fergo

Fergo and Sivo would both get a game at Melbourne ahead of Gennings.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
lol it's the players fault once again, and of course us fans. Never the bumbling coach or his staff.

If people can't see we are poorly coached then i have a bridge to sell to you!!

Noise

Coach
Lol, the merkin has been here 8 years and won f**k all besides a spoon. He built the roster. If the roster isn't good enough or he can't get the most out of the players he wanted that is on him and it shows he isn't the right man for the job.

And out of your list, Sivo / Fergo would walk into any team including the Storm and Panthers. Put Sivo in the Penrith side instead of Staines and Fergo instead of Gennings at the Storm and those teams don't skip a beat.

emjaycee

Coach
Ferguson and Sivo would easily make the backline of all of those sides. You’re grossly underrating our players if you think they’re a sixth placed side at best.
To'o
Staines
Ado Carr
Johnston

All picked before Sivo and Fergo.
Braiden Burns and George Gennings might be the only ones that would come near displacing.

Opacic doesn't get picked in any of their top 17's and Smith and Jarthurs aren't first choice in our team. Why would they be in the top 3 teams?

Avenger

Immortal
Sivo has strike within the 20 only. Otherwise he is slow and too often out of position.
Fergo is passed it... apart from the odd linebreak (like last week), his finishing is getting poorer and he doesn't bend the line.
Gutho isn't our problem but can't do it all on his own (and when he tries, merkins on here call him a hog).
We can all see that Fergo is passed it. So why drop Dunster after arguably his best game for us?

What the f**k does Ray Stone offer?

Why not keep Lussick on the bench?

Why would you drop Cartwright?

I hate to criticise a kid but why expose your son like that when it's clear he is not ready?

Why has he persevered with Blake again and again?

What the f**k has happened to Nathan Brown? He looks like he's 40 out there.

emjaycee

Coach
lol it's the players fault once again, and of course us fans. Never the bumbling coach or his staff.

If people can't see we are poorly coached then i have a bridge to sell to you!!
Why do you keep thinking it has to be one or the other?

emjaycee

Coach
We can all see that Fergo is passed it. So why drop Dunster after arguably his best game for us?

What the f**k does Ray Stone offer?

Why not keep Lussick on the bench?

Why would you drop Cartwright?

I hate to criticise a kid but why expose your son like that when it's clear he is not ready?

Why has he persevered with Blake again and again?

What the f**k has happened to Nathan Brown? He looks like he's 40 out there.
Shit, I forget to shitbag Waqa Blake.
For a moment I forget he played for us (and life was good).

emjaycee

Coach
Lol, the merkin has been here 8 years and won f**k all besides a spoon. He built the roster. If the roster isn't good enough or he can't get the most out of the players he wanted that is on him and it shows he isn't the right man for the job.

And out of your list, Sivo / Fergo would walk into any team including the Storm and Panthers. Put Sivo in the Penrith side instead of Staines and Fergo instead of Gennings at the Storm and those teams don't skip a beat.
Put To'o on one wing for us and Staggs or Manu in the centres and we don't lose the last 2 games and probably a few others as well.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Why do you keep thinking it has to be one or the other?
You don't think the roster is better than what we are tossing up??? We got smashed by the Roosters B team tonight. It was a gutless performance from a tired side out of ideas. Our attack is beyond embarrassing and it has been for a long long time. If only our players weren't so dumb, limited and lazy!!!!

Latest posts