What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moses Mbye

George Dragon

Juniors
Moses Mbye has agreed to join St George Illawarra after being offered a deal for 2021 and beyond after a secret meeting in Brisbane last week.
The Daily Telegraph can reveal the Wests Tigers utility met with a high-ranking Dragons official last week to discuss a deal to replace five-eighth Corey Norman.

In a socially distanced meeting made possible by a shared team hotel, Mbye expressed his desire to join St George Illawarra from next year after being told the club wanted him for at least a year.

The Tigers on Tuesday night confirmed they were aware of the interest and said they would be willing to release Mbye from the final year of the deal.

Having knocked back an earlier approach for Moses to join the Dragons for the remainder of this season, the Tigers will rubber stamp the move should they be able to reach an “agreeable” financial settlement with their rivals.

While all parties want the deal to go ahead, the Dragons are understood to be seeking Moses on a one-year deal that is subsidised by the Tigers.

Moses is on a deal worth around $800,000 ayear and the Tigers will have to pick up a portion of his wage for the deal to be done.

Mbye’s manager, Sam Ayoub, confirmed his star client would make the switch should the Tigers and Dragons agree on the terms of the deal.

“It is up to the clubs now,” Ayoub said.

“They are the ones that have to negotiate the terms of the deal given he is contracted to the Tigers for another year.”

Looking to free up salary cap cash to recruit both an edge back-rower and front-row forward to the club next year, the Tigers will attempt to save as much cap room as possible when negotiating Mbye’s release.

On the flip side, the Dragons will attempt to make the Tigers pay as much as possible knowing they are looking to offload the highly paid star.

Fox 45

Juniors
This is the worst signing that I can remember. Typical bloody dragons signing, a reject from one of the worst performing teams, in fact I can’t believe he actually gets a run there. This on top of pulling Beale from park football in qld. If anyone thinks this is ok, just watch Mybe closely in his next game, he has nothing

I'm Hornby

Juniors
I think Mbye can offer us a bit on the field, he has played for QLD so the talent is certainly there.

Id say he plays 6 until either Amone or Sullivan show enough in reggies to force their way in to the team.

Sullivan in particular needs more miles in the legs and to throw him in to first grade prematurely could be a backwards step IMO.

At least if either of the above 2 show something and get the 6 jersey, Moses can cover most other back line positions or 14.

St Tangles

Bench
I can see why we are doing it but I still don't like it

There has to be a better option out there

Nikorima?

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
On a serious note, if you guys sign him for one year heavily subsidised by us, then it's probably not too bad a deal. He doesn't really offer much except being able to cover multiple positions. Unfortunately none of them very well, but as a backup he'll do the job, just. He's massively over paid for his talents by us, another one of Ivan's gifts. Though as a person he seems like a pretty good bloke, & he'll put in 100%. It's just unfortunate that his 100% is barely passable as first grade standard.

This Year?

Immortal
200w.gif