What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moses Mbye

Gareth67

First Grade
Here is the story on TripleM

Mickey mate , it’s not that I disbelieve what you have heard , however what concerns me is if he was indeed approached whilst under contract.

Also , should the source be correct in its information , then the player himself should be hauled over the coals for considering such an offer whilst knowing full well his contractual obligations to his present employer .

Gareth67

First Grade
Well thank goodness that was sorted out ! 6 days ago you say , talking about going back into time .

Mickey get out of that damn time machine . We will be calling you Doctor Who shortly .

George Dragon

Juniors
Mbye to 6 next year.
There’s a swirling rumour Lomax has asked for a release from the club to Join a Sydney Club but was knocked back .. it’s not Roosters but apparently Bulldogs.. Gould headed up the approach .. could make sense w Dufty, Vaughan already there plus maybe a coincidence but Lomax did like Vaughan’s announcement he was joining the Bulldogs..
I'll take absolute bullshit that was just made up, for $1000 dollars please.

71saintsimon

Juniors
This club is absolutely becoming a joke what is there obsession with signing players past there used by date or with very limited ability, Moses mybye struggles to make first grade at the tigers must say something, on the other hand it opens the door for another junior to showcase his talents else where because the morons have a preference for has beens , Jason Saab never looked first grade material during his time under that rabble organisation now with the right coach he sure looks like a Saab same wen bud Sullivan and these young guys leave they wil develop there talents else where while we continue to look for players on the verge of retirement and unwanted for a cheap price and a quick fix

Crush

Coach
Back on topic, we are signing Moses Mbye 😂
People applauding the club for letting Norman go (not Hook BTW, he wanted to extend him, it was board who stepped in and said no way) and now we go after Moses Mbye!!!!
I mean really, this is starting to get ridiculous. Gerard Beale next to get his extension?

4f54e47a47dafa548fc0dedac575bf4d.gif

BLM01

First Grade
Mbye to 6 next year.
There’s a swirling rumour Lomax has asked for a release from the club to Join a Sydney Club but was knocked back .. it’s not Roosters but apparently Bulldogs.. Gould headed up the approach .. could make sense w Dufty, Vaughan already there plus maybe a coincidence but Lomax did like Vaughan’s announcement he was joining the Bulldogs..
Swirling rumour..:rolleyes:...you sound like the media
Something is swirling though

McCullough
Beale
Mbye…

If Mbye was any good, why would both the bulldogs and tigers - not exactly success stories - not be bothered trying to keep him..oh that’s right - he’s part of Clearys mess. Even still…

Ladies and gentlemen…

We have now reached maximum mediocrity.

We should change are team colours from red and white…

To beige.

Slackboy72

Coach
Meanwhile Sullivan, Amone and Clune can get f**ked?

This is what shits me with this club the most.
In 2016 we had the standout NYC team along with Penrith. Easts were 3rd best behind daylight.
At least 8 of the Penrith squad went on to make 1sts with Penrith and at least 6 form the basis of their current top 4 squad. Even the easts squad is still contributing to the rorters 1st grade squad.
Our squad was pissed up against the wall by Mary not having the balls to give them a crack. He'd rather buy 2nd and 3rd rate from outside than give these young guns a decent crack.
And now Hook is doing the same.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Whilst Mbye wasn't my first choice, I can understand the thinking behind it.

Firstly, Mbye won't be coming here to take any of our juniors spots next year. He'll be used as that 'triangle' player who can cover a multitude of positions across the backline, but will mostly be used as Maccas hooking partner. It think it's plainly obvious Macca cannot see out even close to 60 mins now, so a reliable defender (currently at 91.8% for this year) and can be used as a goal kicker if needed.

Secondly, I don't think Mbye is happy at the Tigers, and when your not happy your form suffers (I will use Saab as an example). He's only 27, so a lot of football in front of him still.

Signing him to a 1yr contract, using the Tigers cash (well a lot of it) is good economic sense. Even at 400k with the Tigers chipping in 400k themselves is a good deal. So, perform and earn a further extension after 2022 and at our rate.

Thirdly, he's another 'culture' signing. A leader, who will greatly assist our up-and-coming juniors. He's a former junior Kangaroo, and other representative player, including SOO. He's also captained the Tigers.

Again, not my first choice, but can see the logic.

Slackboy72

Coach
Meanwhile Sullivan, Amone and Clune can get f**ked?

This is what shits me with this club the most.
In 2016 we had the standout NYC team along with Penrith. Easts were 3rd best behind daylight.
At least 8 of the Penrith squad went on to make 1sts with Penrith and at least 6 form the basis of their current top 4 squad. Even the easts squad is still contributing to the rorters 1st grade squad.
Our squad was pissed up against the wall by Mary not having the balls to give them a crack. He'd rather buy 2nd and 3rd rate from outside than give these young guns a decent crack.
And now Hook is doing the same.

Penrith 2016 NYC
Dylan Edwards 71/71
Christian Crighton 20/33
Braidon Burns 0/35
Wade Egan 29/63
Oliver Clark 0/16
Kade Ellis 8/23
Corey Waddell 0/53
Tyrone May 52/52
Liam Martin 54/54
Caleb Aekins 12/19
Mitch Kenny 31/31
Billy Burns 12/22
Robert Jennings 8/65

287/537 1st grade appearances for Penrith.

Dragons 2016 NYC
Matt Dufty 80/80
Patrick Herbert 0/35
Jai Field 11/17
Reece Robson 9/41
Blake Lawrie 75/75
Luciano Leilua 43/78

218/326 1st grade appearances for Dragons, of which 123 were into 2 players who we've let go.
Only one of these players will be here in 2022.

Coffs dragon

Bench
Although it’s not a great signing, it’s a big improvement on Norman. At least Moses runs forward and seems a person of respected character.
I’m sure James Graham gave the club same quiet advice on Moses as a person being a former team mate.
I do believe Hook is trying to establish the right ground work for our players to learn & develop within a more trusting system.
The Storm seem to master picking the right character of person and maybe our luck can finally change.