What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Phrases and Words Make You See Red?

"slammed" / "slams"

Seems to be in every 2nd or 3rd banner headline on any news site you see. Usually News Ltd. Every comment to the contrary of someone else's opinion is automatically highlighted as "slammed"...

Maybe I've mentioned this in the thread before, I don't know. Feel free to "slam" me for repeated seeing-red-words if you will..

Incorrect

Coach
"slammed" / "slams"

Seems to be in every 2nd or 3rd banner headline on any news site you see. Usually News Ltd. Every comment to the contrary of someone else's opinion is automatically highlighted as "slammed"...

Maybe I've mentioned this in the thread before, I don't know. Feel free to "slam" me for repeated seeing-red-words if you will..
And I've probably mentioned this one before too, but News Ltd/Fox Sports (and especially that trackhead James Hooper) referring to any 1st grader under the age of 22 as a "young gun"....

The Rosco

Bench
I've said it before, and it hasn't gone away. So needs repeating.
The effing bizarre new trend of making an e sound like an a.
You hear it in TV ads. Alectricity savings. Halth funds.
Listen out for it, and find yet another reason to wanna shoot the TV.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Hack or Game Changer when referencing a basic cooking technique.

"22 yo Minto Mum of 7 discovers Aldi frozen mashed potato hack by adding a bit of butter. It's a game changer!"

f**k off.
Another one I've seen is 'dupe' when some gen z journo is describing a product that is a good rip off of a genuine product.

‘Earned the right’

‘The Slaters, the Thurstons, the Cronks…’

Knew someone who said ‘Vietneese’ instead of ‘Vietnamese’ and it stung a little.

This really scrunches my anus.

It’s usually used by some wanker I.e Brandy Alexander, who loves the sound of his own voice when pontificating and this allows them to get a roll on while they are fondling themselves.

soc123_au

Staff member
Lol, she would have to be a bit of a hack using Aldi frozen mash potato 😆
Yeah, whoever thought that was necessary needs firing into the sun.

I saw another one today. The latest game changing food hack is getting 2 circles of bread and putting a square of chocolate between them and putting it in a toaster. Give the merkin a nobel prize..... Tik toc users must be very easily impressed.

I’m living with in laws at moment do I have to watch Eddie Manure and Hotseat.

Anyway…I get so frustrated when millennials don’t know simple phrases/sayings like ‘between the devil and the deep blue sea’ or ‘a stitch in time saves nine’.