What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

betcats

Referee
Good that young Geyer is staying, would’ve been sad to see him debuting for another club. I haven’t seen a lot of him but if Bellamy was chasing him like that it’s a pretty good sign. Spencer and now Geyer have knocked back the storm the last two years, very good signs for us, it would be hard to knock back Bellamy given his standing in the game.

Bob

Juniors
Not a signing, Hayden Knowles head of performance is leaving at the end of the year to take up a role with Newcastle next year, big loss

gurmiyrg__

Juniors
Not penrith related but I read that the dogs have signed cheese, personal terms and all that agreed to except no official announcement until season completion.

Original Name

Juniors
5 years is given to be the length
Easy to believe with Gus. Cheese is so whole hearted and competitive he might be the first guy Gus has signed to see out a 5 year contract. I just hope it isn't too much for their sake. Probably an 800K contract knowing Gus.
Word around the young guys here in Canberra who know Geyer, he has one of the best work ethics around. Good signs we were able to retain him.
I think Gus goes on about this. The new generation of footballers that know they want to professional footballers as a real profession from a young and some of them are training from a young age to do it. IIRC When Hass told his dad he wanted to be a footballler his dad made him run laps up and down a hill every day from a young age and look at his stamina now. I'm not saying this guy's going to be close to Hass or anything I've never watched him play and I don't know if it's comparable to that what Hass did when he was a kid. But a consistent work ethic in training from a young age is different from guys that get serious about their football when they're 18/19 in regards to athleticism at least.

Any serious young boxer who wants to go be a world champion has to do stuff like brushing mates and parties to train as a kid/teen at a minimum. Rugby League isn't like that but it's closer with each generation.

Last edited:

DinkyDi

Juniors
Good that young Geyer is staying, would’ve been sad to see him debuting for another club. I haven’t seen a lot of him but if Bellamy was chasing him like that it’s a pretty good sign. Spencer and now Geyer have knocked back the storm the last two years, very good signs for us, it would be hard to knock back Bellamy given his standing in the game.
I thought Spencer knocked back the Bulldogs? I had no idea that the Storm approached him as well?

murraymob

Coach
Not penrith related but I read that the dogs have signed cheese, personal terms and all that agreed to except no official announcement until season completion.
Gould has said on Twitter they don’t have enough money for him.He thinks he will stay at the storm

Girds89

Bench
Theres been a few knocking spencer in the different chats over last few days..

People need to remember hes only 20yo. Most props dont hit there straps till after 26ish.

I have no doubt in the next 2 to 3 years we will be seeing jason Tuamolo like performances from him regularly.

He has all the skills, power, leg speed. Just needs to work on his conditioning, match awareness, discipline and defence.

Im sure its been a frustrating year for him being in and out if the team, especially with no cup. He needs to really look up to fish and yeo over the off season and learn as much as he can from them.

Im sure this time next year he will be a regular and we will be seeing more consistent performances from him.

Kilkenny

Coach
Theres been a few knocking spencer in the different chats over last few days..

People need to remember hes only 20yo. Most props dont hit there straps till after 26ish.

I have no doubt in the next 2 to 3 years we will be seeing jason Tuamolo like performances from him regularly.

He has all the skills, power, leg speed. Just needs to work on his conditioning, match awareness, discipline and defence.

Im sure its been a frustrating year for him being in and out if the team, especially with no cup. He needs to really look up to fish and yeo over the off season and learn as much as he can from them.

Im sure this time next year he will be a regular and we will be seeing more consistent performances from him.
I not sure people have been knocking him so much, as frustrated for him and perhaps a little disappointed we haven’t seen him develop further. I agree he is young and with his attributes he should develop in leaps and bounds in the next few seasons. We need him to.

Kilkenny

Coach
Maverik Geyer, John Sagaga and a few other forwards in our juniors are coming thru. I don’t know what happened to the kid we recruited from Manly, Tyreece Tonga, he figured in our early Jersey Flegg games this season up until Round 8 or so and then wasn’t sighted again. Seriously big boy, mobile, athletic and looked really good. Obviously, these kids are a few years away from progressing to the NRL if they are good enough so I would expect our recruitment team would be looking at brining in at least one establised middle in the off season. There was a bit of mail mid season we may have been looking at the Titans Herman Ese Ese who has barely figured for the Titans this season but that went no where. I’m sure we’ll have someone in mind.

TheRiff

Juniors
I not sure people have been knocking him so much, as frustrated for him and perhaps a little disappointed we haven’t seen him develop further. I agree he is young and with his attributes he should develop in leaps and bounds in the next few seasons. We need him to.

He will develop as much as Ivan lets him. Getting very limited minutes off the bench won't do it. He Needs more whether that is FG or NSW Cup, It doesn't matter

Last edited:

Kilkenny

Coach
He will develop as much as Ivan lets him. Getting very limited minutes off the bench won't do it. Needs more whether that is FG or NSW Cup doesn't matter
I think it was Girds who made a comparison to Jason Taumalolo I’m not sure he is going to reach that level but with proper coaching and development who knows.

Big Bill

Juniors
Maverik Geyer, John Sagaga and a few other forwards in our juniors are coming thru. I don’t know what happened to the kid we recruited from Manly, Tyreece Tonga, he figured in our early Jersey Flegg games this season up until Round 8 or so and then wasn’t sighted again. Seriously big boy, mobile, athletic and looked really good. Obviously, these kids are a few years away from progressing to the NRL if they are good enough so I would expect our recruitment team would be looking at brining in at least one establised middle in the off season. There was a bit of mail mid season we may have been looking at the Titans Herman Ese Ese who has barely figured for the Titans this season but that went no where. I’m sure we’ll have someone in mind.
The last game Tonga played he was injured, maybe it has put him out for a while, but it made me wonder as well.