What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons table three-year deal to Moses Suli

Maddragon99

Juniors
There’s a surprising amount of positivity in this thread, given Suli’s history.

He’s an absolute gamble, and not one that I’d be willing to take. We have a club full of underperforming players and a shit culture. Why would we bring someone in that has proven that he struggles at clubs unless they have a rock solid culture?
Suli is a boom or bust type player, I would have preferred more consistent player like Braidon Burns but I’m happy to reserve judgment until next year. We need to see how he goes before casting judgement.

Maddragon99

Juniors
Not Bennett’s fault we gave him a 3 year deal when he wanted 5 years. Not his fault so many players chose to follow him to Newcastle and didn’t want to play for Chinless. Thank Bennett that they got their shit together and won the 2010 GF. Had we been smarter, he would’ve stuck around for longer and I’m sure we would have been more successful instead of the one hit wonders we were.
A 5yr deal would have almost certainly given us another comp in 2011 but that’s all in the past now. Still 2 minor premierships, 1 premiership & 1 World Cup challenge wasn’t bad in 3yrs.

SGMax

Juniors
How petty are the sea eagles wanting their 50K back.
They can't see the difference between poaching a young player in year 1 of a 3 year contract re Saab, with signing a player in Suli who is unwanted and been given permission to look elsewhere.

If I was the Dragons I would tell Suli to come back once he has a release from his current contract.
Otherwise, the Dragons should delay the signing till January so Manly can keep paying him for his off season.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
How petty are the sea eagles wanting their 50K back.
They can't see the difference between poaching a young player in year 1 of a 3 year contract re Saab, with signing a player in Suli who is unwanted and been given permission to look elsewhere.

If I was the Dragons I would tell Suli to come back once he has a release from his current contract.
Otherwise, the Dragons should delay the signing till January so Manly can keep paying him for his off season.
Manly are a bunch of merkins. Always have been, always will be

Maddragon99

Juniors
I really hope Griffin knows what he’s doing, he shafts a loyal clubman one day then the next day commits $1.7M on a risky player like Suli.

Illusion

Bench
I really hope Griffin knows what he’s doing, he shafts a loyal clubman one day then the next day commits $1.7M on a risky player like Suli.
Yep time will tell if he doesn't pull his weight , he is big enough to stick him in the second row to take Sims place .....😅

There’s a surprising amount of positivity in this thread, given Suli’s history.

He’s an absolute gamble, and not one that I’d be willing to take. We have a club full of underperforming players and a shit culture. Why would we bring someone in that has proven that he struggles at clubs unless they have a rock solid culture?
Mainly because I can’t remember the last time we had a wrecking ball at centre, I think he’s worth the risk.

Yeah, I can’t understand why they brought back Beale. Some of his signings left me scratching my head this year. But I’m just hoping that he knows what he’s doing and has more of a clue than Chinless and McFlop. After seeing how well Suli played against the Faders, I was excited. And if he plays like that regularly, then we have a great signing.

Mate I'm with you.

I also hope it turns around, really do. I just am hating the purchase of many players that we can't be sure of. Be it injury, age, attitude, form etc. There are known quantities, and their are unknown quantities. Like anything - if you're spending good money on products - you want to have a reasonable level of assurance they they will perform. Personally I don't get that feeling from most of our purchases - Su'a the only exception, and maybe Molo.

Are you two in adjoining rooms? Sorry about the negative post on your negative posts but reading some good news for a change and still get posters cann it is not the reason i read the forum. I'm just as frustrated on the directors of the club as you are mate but when there is some light , enjoy it .

You call it light, I call it shite.

But hey - lets see how it pans out. Genuinely hope it does work out. But it's more hope, not confidence.

DragonBorn95

Juniors
Good news hearing that Suli has been signed plus the additions to our pack for next year, we are gonna be so much stronger, surely Griffin and co have more up there sleeve but we are already so much better next year as for Sims well if he wants to carry on and move too another club he might aswell go to the Bulldogs with Vaughn and dufty.. good luck to them all Griffin is doing the best he can at the moment and I feel sorry for him only being given 2 years to fix 11 years of mess. Mary's gone, Norman's gone life's good, did I say Norman's GONE? I'm over the moon we are only going to go up now, we are managing the cap well and fixing the mess. I'm more then optimistic for next year just gotta stay positive and back the decisions being made and we will be back on top again!

jak

Bench
Good news hearing that Suli has been signed plus the additions to our pack for next year, we are gonna be so much stronger, surely Griffin and co have more up there sleeve but we are already so much better next year as for Sims well if he wants to carry on and move too another club he might aswell go to the Bulldogs with Vaughn and dufty.. good luck to them all Griffin is doing the best he can at the moment and I feel sorry for him only being given 2 years to fix 11 years of mess. Mary's gone, Norman's gone life's good, did I say Norman's GONE? I'm over the moon we are only going to go up now, we are managing the cap well and fixing the mess. I'm more then optimistic for next year just gotta stay positive and back the decisions being made and we will be back on top again!
and norman's gone i just love reading those words.