What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith v Souths semi final

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
If we lose, all of the more defensive sides will end up on the same side of the draw (Us, Eels, Storm), while the more freely attacking, defensively suspect teams will be on the other (Souths, Manly, Roosters).

Well, kinda, given that Storm are also freely attacking. But you know what I mean.

We better not f**king lose. I hope Staines scores a hattrick.

kinghippo

Juniors
Bennett said nothing of this last time we played them. All he talked about was the downtown penalty. This is just something he's cooked up this week ahead of a big game. He is renowned for it. I doubt Sutton will be fooled.
I think Ivan's argument about the late shots on the kickers trumps Bennett's whinge.
If they get to put more pressure on Nathan they will give away more penalties.

GongPanther

Referee
If we lose, all of the more defensive sides will end up on the same side of the draw (Us, Eels, Storm), while the more freely attacking, defensively suspect teams will be on the other (Souths, Manly, Roosters).

Well, kinda, given that Storm are also freely attacking. But you know what I mean.

We better not f**king lose. I hope Staines scores a hattrick.
We'll be giving them a fist beating. A performance to better Melbourne's demolition of Manly from last night. Bennett has poked a stick into the Lion's cage. The players will be right up for this with controlled aggression.

Girds89

Bench
The wayne better factor cant be underestimated.

Eg, origin last year. He has a remarkable ability at getting teams up when they are the underdogs.

Tipping fish for a big game today. Hes been quiet since coming back. I think we will see him return to beast mode today.

Fangs

Coach
If Leota is out its Eisenhuth straight into the starting side for mine. I wouldn't mess around anymore with the bench as we already know the games with Martin and Kikau.

murraymob

Coach
No good. Any idea how serious?

Its a tough one whether he should be rested or not if its just precautionary.

Really is soo soo impirtant we win today.
Dont know it’s a tough one we need to win or we go over the the storm side off draw

Girds89

Bench
Dont know it’s a tough one we need to win or we go over the the storm side off draw

Have to win today. Absolutley have to.

If dylan was playing injured or carrying an i jury the decision to play him last week in a nothing game was brain dead. Like as dumb as it gets.

For mine, unless its ligament damage or a strained muscle. Leota has to play. Not point resting him if its just soreness or a small niggle.

Needle him up and get him out there.

The players need to look at this like a do or die game.

If they have the attitude that we will just get another chance if we lose, well not only will we probably lose but id say we definitley wont get past the storm if we do.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
We have to beat Melbourne to win the comp, doesn't matter when we do it

Pretty much. If we win today, I can't see the Eels or Souths troubling them in the preliminary final. I know the Eels are unbeaten against them this season, but no way they go three in a row. I think they will get demolished.

Saffy

Juniors
He waffles on a bit, but he knows his shit.
After seeing Melbourne play last night ,I don't give any other team a chance except for sths because they are not predictable , I just hope Cleary doesn't get the protected species treatment ,and ref doesn't miss his shoulder charges and forward passes ! Should be a good game asking as ref does his job .

soc123_au

Staff member
After seeing Melbourne play last night ,I don't give any other team a chance except for sths because they are not predictable , I just hope Cleary doesn't get the protected species treatment ,and ref doesn't miss his shoulder charges and forward passes ! Should be a good game asking as ref does his job .
Souths are very predictable. Shut down Walker for 20 minutes and he implodes with the rest of the team to follow.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
It would be nice to not have a slow start for a change, but I guess that is the nature of the team; we are not a naturally attacking team and rely heavily on pressure and structures, which become more influential as the game wears on.