What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith v Souths semi final

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
One thing: everyone criticizes Edwards for his lack of ball-playing, and I agree it is not the best. But I have no idea why anyone would think Crichton or Staines would be any better. I've seen no evidence that they have any idea with ball in hand.

Munky

Coach
It is amazing how their line speed was so good when they've conceded eight six agains in the last fortnight for being offside but tonight, its all good.

Happens every final series.

We needed to adjust to it but super coach had no idea.

Munky

Coach
One thing: everyone criticizes Edwards for his lack of ball-playing, and I agree it is not the best. But I have no idea why anyone would think Crichton or Staines would be any better. I've seen no evidence that they have any idea with ball in hand.

Should have kept Laurie.

Flashstep

Juniors
Souths shat the bed in the last ten when Luai ran the ball.

Why didn't he do it earlier? He offers nothing without his running game.

I question Ivan's ability to coach. He had shat the bed two years in a row. First with May at centre and then with his bench use tonight.

Not sure what the game plan was? Did he have one?
Kick to the rookie fullback and hope we get the ball back, classic Ivan tactics.

Vicpanther

Juniors
Stains looked reserve grade at best. Looked scared to run. Critta was great at the back.
South's were very quick off their line (a little to quick) but they played their hearts out.
I'm not upset we lost Rabits deserved it. I'm upset we had 0 attack.
Cleary went missing, luai went missing, Burton went missing. Only peke that seemed to go hard was fish and the boys off the bench. We played kiks way to early and that showed with his poor pass in his line break.
I can't see us loosing next week but then I can't see us beating storm.

Sime_11

Juniors
Cop the loss, a second chance to redeem ourselves which we will do, we played poor, south’s outstanding but can they go any better than tonight ?

chrisD

Coach
The biggest mistake Ivan has made is paying Staines and Crichton.

There might be a reason we don't know about for refusing to play Spencer but if there isn't that's a mistake too.

WestyLife

First Grade
Stains looked reserve grade at best. Looked scared to run. Critta was great at the back.
South's were very quick off their line (a little to quick) but they played their hearts out.
I'm not upset we lost Rabits deserved it. I'm upset we had 0 attack.
Cleary went missing, luai went missing, Burton went missing. Only peke that seemed to go hard was fish and the boys off the bench. We played kiks way to early and that showed with his poor pass in his line break.
I can't see us loosing next week but then I can't see us beating storm.

Stains looked as bad as everyone else but at least got over 100m. Hopefully Edwards comes back next week though.

Unpopular opinion; what did Charlie do wrong tonight? He missed one tackle for the first try and he dropped a flick pass from Critta (which was a tough one to take). Didn’t make many meters but he was better than normal, while To’o was equally dominated and metre making is his thing.

I think the issues on the right side of defence were more about the reads of Capewell and Cleary than Staines and Momo.

snickers007

Juniors
We had our chances. Really poor execution at crucial times.

South's defence was great, Reynolds kicking excellent. We gave away far too many soft penalties that helped them get out of trouble.

Bench usage was terrible. Leniu 12 mins, TPJ 23 mins, Kenny 26.

We've been treading water since Origin started, and I don't think Ivan knows how to get us out of the funk.

Devilous

Juniors
Just got smashed in the middle.

Our game plan is about winning the forward battle and roll the other teams over.

Souths didn't give us anything and we fell over in a heap without a plan B