What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith v Souths semi final

The Teach

Juniors
Incredibly disappointing but lets not turn on each other guys!
One player escaping criticism is Eisenhuth...he was as soft as a pillow tonight...should never be in the top 17 again

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
The biggest mistake Ivan has made is paying Staines and Crichton.

There might be a reason we don't know about for refusing to play Spencer but if there isn't that's a mistake too.

Lenui looked fired up and committed when he came on. Should have been in the 17 the whole season.

Exsilium

First Grade
We had our chances. Really poor execution at crucial times.

South's defence was great, Reynolds kicking excellent. We gave away far too many soft penalties that helped them get out of trouble.

Bench usage was terrible. Leniu 12 mins, TPJ 23 mins, Kenny 26.

We've been treading water since Origin started, and I don't think Ivan knows how to get us out of the funk.

At half time Souths used 4 interchanges to our 1.

We didn't do much else with our bench after that,

Frankus

Juniors
The game was simple really. We didn’t throw enough punches until it was too late. What the fûck was Cleary and co thinking about the bomb bomb bomb strat? Honestly Penrith played too safe and didn’t put on enough well executed set plays. Bunnies played well and executed when they needed to. Fair play.

TLDR - Penrith shit the bed…again.

kinghippo

Juniors
The biggest mistake Ivan has made is paying Staines and Crichton.

There might be a reason we don't know about for refusing to play Spencer but if there isn't that's a mistake too.
I think the forward rotation was the biggest mistake, they us covered up front all game.

TheRiff

Juniors
Unpopular opinion; what did Charlie do wrong tonight? He missed one tackle for the first try and he dropped a flick pass from Critta (which was a tough one to take). Didn’t make many meters but he was better than normal, while To’o was equally dominated and metre making is his thing.

I think the issues on the right side of defence were more about the reads of Capewell and Cleary than Staines and Momo.

A poor miss for their 1st try, Stupid early kick just generally poor

Munky

Coach
At half time Souths used 4 interchanges to our 1.

We didn't do much else with our bench after that,

Ivan has no clue, I think TPJ is a downhill skier.

We missed Sorenson and Leota. I think Leota is a poor starter but awesome in the second half. We never got the second half roll on.

chrisD

Coach
The worst was Luai and Capewell. Burton had a terribke read in defence.
No the absolute f**king worst was Staines. He was f**king dreadful. Absolutely f**king hopeless. Next worse might have been Burton or Crichton, hard to say. Huth gets a pass because he's a journeyman only there because everyone else is injured or played 5 games.

Vicpanther

Juniors
Unpopular opinion; what did Charlie do wrong tonight? He missed one tackle for the first try and he dropped a flick pass from Critta (which was a tough one to take). Didn’t make many meters but he was better than normal, while To’o was equally dominated and metre making is his thing.

I think the issues on the right side of defence were more about the reads of Capewell and Cleary than Staines and Momo.
To me personally he just didn't look comfortable out there and looked scared. Rarely ran hard and laid down pretty quickly. In spaces he used to accelerate he just wiggled and stopped.

Girds89

Bench
One thing: everyone criticizes Edwards for his lack of ball-playing, and I agree it is not the best. But I have no idea why anyone would think Crichton or Staines would be any better. I've seen no evidence that they have any idea with ball in hand.

Dont mate....

Just dont

Edwards... is terrible

Critta is aweome.

Frankus

Juniors
I haven’t been on here in a long time, but I can see from reading a few posts, @billypilgrimnz is still a salty merkin, critical of stuff like interchange, blah blah. It doesn’t matter if you get the blueprint for winning wrong.

Stick to what works and had worked all season. We went away from that.

Latest posts