What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith v Souths semi final

The Realist

Juniors
Leinu stays on that bench, did his job very well. Leota straight back in although I won't bag Eisenhuth. He did enough.

You sure you were watching the same game? Eisenhuth is a huge Plodder of a Prop. He almost NEVER wins the contact. Gets put on his back all the time resulting in slow Play the balls and a set that falls completely flat.
He is a good defender I give him that - and when Yeo is out he is a decent 'link man' #13.

If either Sorenson or Leota weren't out he wouldn't be in the team TBH and he shouldn't. He seems to be on Ivan's man love list behind Tyrone May (and perhaps a few others).

martielang

Bench
I don’t mind playing TPJ in the middle but surely we can better use him then how we would Brenden Worth. The whole battering ram thing doesn’t work and limits his strengths. Has he thrown an offload yet?

On a seperate note, Martin, Fish and Capewell were so poor tonight. Leota is so big for us in that second stint, we had nothing off the bench.

hindy111

Post Whore
I wouldn't blame the outside backs. The forwards got smashed from pillar to post and To'o was ragdolled all game. Spuths went up a level physcialy and Penrith didn't. They pretty much folded.
When up 6-2 there was a nice period of about 5-10mins. It could of broken out to 12-2 and I think a different game.
Souths owned the game after this point. Just got bashed. JFH didn't stand up.
Yeo and Leniu had some pop.

If met in the grand final I'd still favour you. Just means you meet the Storm a week early. Probably a good thing nerves wise.

Anyhows if Eels win next week I will see you in the finals. But so far every side in the NRL and AFL that's I wanted to win have lost. So all my eggs are now in the Eels. And I am not confident.

Fangs

Coach
Surprised no ones talking about Liam. he had a shocker. He looks tired

I thought he should have got benched before the first try we conceded.

Easy in hindsight but it was obvious he was tired before the try as scored.

TheRiff

Juniors
I thought he should have got benched before the first try we conceded.

Easy in hindsight but it was obvious he was tired before the try as scored.

Again comes to tactics, We bench Kikau. Signed the closest thing in the comp to Kikau, Only to play him in the middle for 20 mins

murraymob

First Grade
Semi final are games with moments of opportunity we did not take any of our if we did we win
Yep clear no support
Kikau clear poor inside pass
Crighton pass to Staines if caught who knows
Capewell 3 times having errors when attacking there line
That’s footy we regroup and get ready for parra next week
All up Souths where just to good tonight

Fangs

Coach
You sure you were watching the same game? Eisenhuth is a huge Plodder of a Prop. He almost NEVER wins the contact. Gets put on his back all the time resulting in slow Play the balls and a set that falls completely flat.
He is a good defender I give him that - and when Yeo is out he is a decent 'link man' #13.

If either Sorenson or Leota weren't out he wouldn't be in the team TBH and he shouldn't. He seems to be on Ivan's man love list behind Tyrone May (and perhaps a few others).

I'm not saying start him or have him on the bench. I'll take him as a back up. And I'll take Spencer's punch off the bench and start Leota. His best game (Spencer) in a long time.

And remember this, he ain't a Patrick Herbert.

chrisD

Coach
The defensive line held up basically perfectly tactically, it was just absolute f**king dreadful individual plays by Staines and Burton. Those two don't f**k it, we don't concede a try, we don't lose. Staines was also to blame for the almost try Momo and Crichton saved and for marking no-one when they threw the cut out to Johnston who stuffed it by chipping into Crichton.

Burton had breaks down that left, Kikau and To'o too had at least a chance each, couldn't find a finish. Burton utterly f**ked one chance but we scored on the next play anyway so it wasn't costly. On the right Crichton had plenty of space and once at least an easy overlap and wasn't able to produce anything. Nothing. He can't f**king draw and pass. The kick from I think Johnston he plucked out of the air left him in the South's backfield with scattered players about and he got cleaned up by the first defender. He's a dodgy passer and has no footwork, and he wasn't to be found backing up a single break either.

Fire Staines into the f**king sun. Get Crichton back on the wing where all he has to do is fall over the line or a bit of battering. Tell Burton to try positioning a support player at least once every two breaks. Hopefully To'o never plays that bad again. Edwards comes back and at the least backs up breaks. Get Leota in there. f**k Kenny off. Should be alright.

Fangs

Coach
What do we think about the Korisau interchange in the 71st minute?

Granted most tackles in the game, 52. If May is in the 17 does Korisau come off the field with 9 to go? The game on on the line.

John Hamblin

Juniors
Souths were better tonight End of. We were a bit off got beaten in the middle. I thought we looked flat, What disappionts me on this forum is unless we produce 9 or 10 out of 10 out of 10 performances every week the negativity of some people is terrible. I am confident we can beat the Eels or Knights next week.