What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Qualifying Final - Panthers vs Rabbitohs: Saturday 11th September 7:50pm @Queensland Country Bank Stadium

Geez the Tafe kid had a game.

I was expecting the black death in the last quarter, but somehow it never eventuated.

Probably in my view, it was that gang tackle to put old mate over the side line, that was the defining moment of the match.

The sheer number of players who turned up to annihilate him. It was standing room only, half the souths side.

Rabbits20

Immortal
What we want is a f**king Manly and Rorters bloodbath now.

Sit back relax and hope they belt the absolute shit out of one another I say!

I don’t know if I can sleep tonight I’m just on such a high!

YYYYEEEAAAHHHH THE BOYS

THERE IS ONLY ONE SOUTH SYDNEY

ONE SOUTH SYDNEY

WALKING ALONG SINGING A SONG SINGING GLORY GLORY GLORY ALL THE WAY!!!

THERE IS ONLY OME ADAM REYNOLDS ONE ADAM REYNOLDS!!!

WHEN WE WERE HITTING THEM HARD I SAID AND AAGGGAAAIIINNNN CMMMMOOONNNNN CARRY THEM BACK INTO THE NEXT SUBURB IN THE WORDS OF GUS!!! THERE YOU GO THATS IT THATS WHAT YOU WANT BABY!

Jim Rockford

Bench
Geez the Tafe kid had a game.

I was expecting the black death in the last quarter, but somehow it never eventuated.

Probably in my view, it was that gang tackle to put old mate over the side line, that was the defining moment of the match.

The sheer number of players who turned up to annihilate him. It was standing room only, half the souths side.
I don't want to blow my own trumpet Phantom but I was advocating having total faith in him to do the job. I'm so stoked for the kid, that experience tonight is going to stand him in excellent stead going forward.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Now that we’re all around the bar
And the captains declared it a quorum
We’re drinking our way through the night
And we’re having the time of our lives
Throw the empties away start again, start again
For the boys of South of South Sydney are together
And we’ll drink til the dawn breaks again
May the sessions of South Sydney last forever
Up the Rabbitohs!”

I don't want to blow my own trumpet Phantom but I was advocating having total faith in him to do the job. I'm so stoked for the kid, that experience tonight is going to stand him in excellent stead going forward.
Yeah, you have had some faith in him that's true.

I am pretty sure the panthers thought they had your had your measure from the recent game, that last half when they went ballistic. Plus on paper, they had the bigger, faster stronger side but not as skilful.

Nate seems to be showing signs of fatigue-his game management was nowhere near his uber standard. I think the inference that he was going to be targeted stuffed his and Ivan's head because they struggle in big matches without him.

If losing Lat s is say minus 10% then losing Nate is minus 25% maybe more as their whole game is on his shoulders. A lot of pressure if you and your dad are dragged into a club and you fail.

I hope the game finally ended the debate about Yeo v Murray.

The Souths forwards really lifted tonight and a nice thing about the win is that your elite superstars played well but not near optimum. I think there's another 15% in them easy.

An extra week to freshen up will be handy.

Ivan was deflecting after the match and not owning the result. He has issues with responsibility. Wayne is, well he's just Wayne.

From a Souths perspective, that was the right type of win. Still a long way to go!

Last edited:
I’m just gonna have a shower whilst singing Glory Glory.
A win that defied almost everyone's expectation.

I wasn't sure, but as Jim knows, I never wrote you off entirely and wished you luck.

I didn't jump into the dark chasm of no return out of respect and an understanding of your players.

Ivan must be in a self induced coma by now. The weaponheaded arrogant flog.

callmack1

Staff member
Don't worry, I'm here guys!!! have had to have heart surgery since fulltime but I'm alive and I'm here!! Na, jokes, just been celebrating and lapping it all up, soaking it all in for the last few hours. Let's just say I'm well hydrated!! It's not past 3am over here and I don't want to stop!

Dunno where to start, I really don't. maybe I'll start by simply saying WHATTA WIN!!! An absolutely incredible victory! One of the greatest victories I've ever witnessed from a Souths side and I don't say that lightly. Just brilliant. No one gave us a chance, everyone wrote us off and said we couldn't, we wouldn't do anything without Latrell. Well look at us now, we bloody did it!! We proved everyone wrong and made a statement. Straight through to a Prelim we go!!!!

Just so proud of the boys. Penrith looked way on top early but we worked our way back in with grit and determination. We weathered the Storm and then created one of our own in that second half! Just magnificent to watch us finally stand up to Penrith and finally stand up in a big game. That defence was just...... I really am lost for words, Penrith had no answer.

Grit, determination, power, passion, desperation, will, hunger, strength, pride; We had it all tonight.

So friggin happy right now to the point where I'm wondering if it's possible to be too happy to sleep.

Soak it all up lads, enjoy it. One of the great Finals wins and this is the first time we've won a Qualifying Final to go straight through since 2014.

Let's celebrate!!!

Nealo 12

Bench
I think about what a gutless coward you are all the time P_do Paws. Hope you enjoyed the ass-kicking tonight, I sure as hell did!
Typing GIF by ehcat

Latest posts