What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team List Tuesday - Week 2 finals - Eels v Panthers (and Ivan)

84 Baby

Referee
images

the phantom menace

First Grade
Still thinking about when Arthur has to make a call on Ferguson and his injury... earlier in the year we came within 1 point of a win against Penrith with Fergo, and with Opacic and Dunster in the backs (with Sivo and Blake).

This time we have Penisini in the mix... so if Jakob Arthur and Fergo drop out of the 19 tomorrow, then that suggests Opacic might return to the starting side (defence is a priority)? I had also thought Niukore might be called into the backs if Fergo was a late withdrawal, but I really think we'll need Nuikore in all the forward rotations - especially if Arthur is going to go with both Smith (dummy half relief for Stone and cover for injury in the halves) plus Cartwright on the bench for this one.

But I'm looking forward to the next team list announcement, to get a taste of how we're shaping for this one.

lingard

Coach
Well he wears six and his defence and running game are his strengths. Is that what you meant? Regarding structure he is usually closer to the middle of the field than our other two (non-hooker) spine players, at least in attack. In defence he plays on the left.
Doesn't matter where he stands, he's a five-eight because of how he plays and what he does in a game. Dylan isn't a half back's bootlace. He isn't even a terribly good five-eight. But he sure can tackle and he's a good all-round footballer. Needs to improve his attacking game.

lingard

Coach
On second thought, he actually plays more like an old-style lock forward. I hope he doesn't turn out to be a Jack of all trades, master of none. It is quite possible.

Gronk

Staff member
Did I hear Rothfield correctly? He said that he thinks coach Cleary may have messed up by not resting his best players in Rnd25. Geeze these guys can't remember what they say from one week to another.

crocodile

Bench
He'd make an excellent 9 IF he could pass left to right but so far it seems like he can't. Which is why I've joked about him being a good right side hooker.
Nothing a bit of practise can't fix. Academic anyway since our boy Reedy has dibs on that spot for as long as he wants it.

crocodile

Bench
Did I hear Rothfield correctly? He said that he thinks coach Cleary may have messed up by not resting his best players in Rnd25. Geeze these guys can't remember what they say from one week to another.
Neither can many of their readers or listeners.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
A few journo’s said we shouldn’t have rested players against the panthers after our great storm win as it wouId affect our momentum……

Gronk

Staff member
A few journo’s said we shouldn’t have rested players against the panthers after our great storm win as it wouId affect our momentum……
Yeah and now they are saying that it was a masterstroke after seeing how well Eels, Souths and Storm went in week 1.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Panthers are definitely the favourites and we need a huge effort.

But interestingly there are some indications the boys have been pretty relaxed this week…

on SEN this morning Riccio, said BA has been good with the media this week where in previous years it wouId be different

sampson said yesterday she knows an eels trainer who said the boys have been switched on at training / training with intensity

Latest posts