What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panthers v Parra

Vicpanther

Juniors
I was actually disappointed in Leota last night. Having sat out the Souths game and being the fresh man in, I was expecting him to really rip in to the Parra pack.

But he made just 16 metres in his first stint and finished with only 58 for the match.

The player I think deserves praise though is Pangai. 137 metres, 3 offloads, 59 post contact metres and 100% tackle efficiency. I know he had a quiet game against Souths, but his other games have been excellent and it’s lucky we were able to pick him up late in the season to help fill our holes.
How many tackles did leota make though. He seemed to be in everything.

TheRiff

Juniors
The attack isn’t flowing properly. We did miss some opportunities, but a part of that is we aren’t creating the space we were in the first half of the season.

We have a few guys just slightly off, Burton is one, Cleary for clear reasons. I don't think Martin starting is helping that either, the flow on is passes not as crisp as early in the year

The_Frog

First Grade
Sure. I look at players age and improvement in them left. Do you feel you'll be better or worse next season? Genuine question.
There are players waiting to come into the side. Hopgood, May the younger, Tago, Falls, Turuva. Also Leniu will be expected to play a greater role. It all depends how they stack up. I'd expect to be top 4 again next year.

TheRiff

Juniors
This was worse case scenario for me. Parra lose but bash the hell out of you guys making easy meat next week. I hope not.

Parra went well with all 3 x hookers Mahoney, Lussick,Roache not available.
Moving forward the squad looks like it should improve in 2022. A few good young guys just come in the squad starting their NRL careers. And Mahoney who is in their top 3 players.

I'm still unsure how Penrith go moving forward. I feel with TPJ,Capewell and Burton gone they go backwards. This is their window so I hope they take it. Storm are beatable. Penrith have had two tough wins. Storm lost their last tough game.

Depending on recruitment, Junior Development which is the great unknown. This looks like the Top 17 next year

Edwards
Staines/May
Crichton
Momo
To'o
Luai
Cleary
Leota
Api
JFH
Kikau
Martin
Yeo

May
Leinu
Sorensen
Tago/Hopgood

The side should still be up there, whether it can push for the premiership depends on development of the fringe guys

Last edited:

Girds89

Bench
Just finished watching the replay.

Dylan edwards produced one of the best defensive displays ive ever seen from a panthers fullback.

I honestly lost count of how many potential tries he saved or cleaned up.

He was our best on ground by along long way.

We are a different team when hes at fb.

Depending on recruitment, Junior Development which is the great unknown. This looks like the Top 17 next year

Edwards
Staines/May
Crichton
Momo
To'o
Luai
Cleary
Leota
Api
JFH
Kikau
Martin
Yeo

May
Leinu
Sorensen
Tago/Hopgood

The side should still be up there, whether it can push for the premiership depends on development of the fringe guys

Hoping someone can take a centre spot off Momirovski, be it Turuva, Taylan May or maybe Tago.

chrisD

Coach
Not at all. Stupid me for taking the Edwards chat seriously. Turns out he's not everywhere at once.
To make some stupid forum point you are trying to pretend a 5m poke through the line and offloading to the player right there is comparable to making a clean break and running 30m looking over each shoulder slowing up looking for a support player.

People would be more stupid and they would understand less about rugby league if they read and took serious your f**king dribble.

WestyLife

First Grade
To make some stupid forum point you are trying to pretend a 5m poke through the line and offloading to the player right there is comparable to making a clean break and running 30m looking over each shoulder slowing up looking for a support player.

People would be more stupid and they would understand less about rugby league if they read and took serious your f**king dribble.

Not sure what I've done to upset you the last few weeks but carry on.

It is possible, I just can't see it early on given the lack of lower grade footy. Atleast that side will stack up in defence, just need to find some attack

Thats true, it wouldn’t happen until around midway or an injury, but I don’t see Momirovski as a long term option at all. He’s too limited.

chrisD

Coach
Not sure what I've done to upset you the last few weeks but carry on.
My issue is I took you seriously, I gave you the benefit of the doubt that you weren't just making shit up to try and make a forum point. I wasted my time and effort taking you seriously and I feel dirty for it.

TheRiff

Juniors
Thats true, it wouldn’t happen until around midway or an injury, but I don’t see Momirovski as a long term option at all. He’s too limited.

He is good defensive stop gap, at this stage is better than other options. Whether that is the same case after 5 rounds, I am not so sure