What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panthers v Parra

DinkyDi

Juniors
Haha, I’ve been accused of being negative, but I’m more a realist. The defensive effort last night was great, the attack though has been poo for months now. Cleary’s kicking game will also need to improve.
That game was the best we have played all season. Was it perfect? No. I am sure that these issues will be addressed during the week.

The_Frog

First Grade
I still have no idea why we didn't play Tago and a few other players who needed more game time in RnD 26.

Also knowing what we know about To'o what the heck were we thinking? Could have given a few different outside backs a go.
May was an outside chance of playing this week. Especially with Kenny gone I think they'll throw him in as a defensive middle in the 14 if he's anywhere near fit.
(Sorry for back-to-bak-to-back posts but I'm not able to add a quote to a post already sent).

Last edited:

martielang

Bench
But he won't hold the ball and run hard, he'll let the occasion get to him and throw stupid shit. Just like last night

Thats how he rolls. Same with Fifita and co. It’s the risk you take having a dynamic back rower. If he took the right option every play he’d be worth $1.2m+.

His defence is being slept on this year as well. Has improved out of sight.

hindy111

Post Whore
Cleary just said kikau in doubt Kenny unlikely next week .who comes in for Kenny and will we have anyone on report

This was worse case scenario for me. Parra lose but bash the hell out of you guys making easy meat next week. I hope not.

Parra went well with all 3 x hookers Mahoney, Lussick,Roache not available.
Moving forward the squad looks like it should improve in 2022. A few good young guys just come in the squad starting their NRL careers. And Mahoney who is in their top 3 players.

I'm still unsure how Penrith go moving forward. I feel with TPJ,Capewell and Burton gone they go backwards. This is their window so I hope they take it. Storm are beatable. Penrith have had two tough wins. Storm lost their last tough game.

DinkyDi

Juniors
This was worse case scenario for me. Parra lose but bash the hell out of you guys making easy meat next week. I hope not.

Parra went well with all 3 x hookers Mahoney, Lussick,Roache not available.
Moving forward the squad looks like it should improve in 2022. A few good young guys just come in the squad starting their NRL careers. And Mahoney who is in their top 3 players.

I'm still unsure how Penrith go moving forward. I feel with TPJ,Capewell and Burton gone they go backwards. This is their window so I hope they take it. Storm are beatable. Penrith have had two tough wins. Storm lost their last tough game.
TPJ have been great. Burton, has had a few quite games, as have Capewell.

Bodhi

Juniors
Brad Arthur is a sore loser.
To be fair, Parra copped a couple of tough calls - Stone getting pinged for a forward pass that wasn't, Romey holding Moses back on the kick chase which is a penalty everyday of the week. We would be blowing up too if we got such calls and lost the game.
Having said that, that's not the reason why they lost.

GongPanther

Referee
Haha, I’ve been accused of being negative, but I’m more a realist. The defensive effort last night was great, the attack though has been poo for months now. Cleary’s kicking game will also need to improve.
Attack has to be more cerebral. It's as if we are hoping tries will come instead of being more purposeful in our application. The reality is that after squandering three tries last night, we really have to improve not just moderately, but vastly as a team that should be were we are.

Crashtest

Juniors
I watched leota make 3 hard tackles straight up. Then get the ball and do a hard run. Shit like that needs to applauded more.

Agree. I thought Leota was enormous last night.

I was actually disappointed in Leota last night. Having sat out the Souths game and being the fresh man in, I was expecting him to really rip in to the Parra pack.

But he made just 16 metres in his first stint and finished with only 58 for the match.

The player I think deserves praise though is Pangai. 137 metres, 3 offloads, 59 post contact metres and 100% tackle efficiency. I know he had a quiet game against Souths, but his other games have been excellent and it’s lucky we were able to pick him up late in the season to help fill our holes.

Latest posts