What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

BIG RIG

Juniors
Very unimpressed with the lack of activity on this particular thread. Things usually happen on a Monday and we are in need of some big signings . Somebody give us something!!
other than the impending signing of Moses Suli
all I have heard is that we might be looking at Marty Taupau but other than that it’s very quiet

blacksafake

First Grade
He's a terrific centre and an excellent, hard hitting defender. Arthur had him playing at Centre, Prop and 2nd row this year and he handled it all pretty well. Makes good metres at centre though. He'd be a great utility for us, just needs to get the silly stuff out of his game. He's 25 and should transition into the forwards permanently in a couple of years. I'd be really happy if we signed this fellow.
Supposedly being chased by the warriors

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
View attachment 54190
Yeah , I see what you mean . Apparently your ‘today’ will mean any day - but today .
This is rank speculation .....BUT-Joey Leilua has been ditched by the Tigers and Luch was fulsome in his praise of Maguire for showing faith in him when he went to the Tigers and now it seems Maguire is on life support. Luch might be mighty pissed to lose both his cousin and his mentor- he's only signed for 2022- should we be trying to entice him back?

Gareth67

First Grade
This is rank speculation .....BUT-Joey Leilua has been ditched by the Tigers and Luch was fulsome in his praise of Maguire for showing faith in him when he went to the Tigers and now it seems Maguire is on life support. Luch might be mighty pissed to lose both his cousin and his mentor- he's only signed for 2022- should we be trying to entice him back ?

A awkward question to answer , undoubtedly he Is still young and talented. Also he requires a hard taskmaster to bring out the best in him - is Griffin that man , I am not as sure he is , compared to what I thought at the beginning of the season .

Still if - as you have pointed out if he is even thinking about moving on , contract aside of course - then he would still be worth looking at .

Last edited:

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
A awkward question to answer , undoubtedly he Is still young and talented. Also he requires a hard taskmaster to bring out the best in him - is Griffin that man , I am not as sure he is , compared to what I thought at the beginning of the season .

Still if - as you have pointed out if he is even thinking about moving on , contract aside of course - then he would still be worth looking at .
You're probably right Gaz- George Dragon tells me he's been involved in multiple fights at the club so something is seriously amiss with him.

Wests must have a good PR department to cover up these internal incidents- the Broncs don't seem to be able to keep under wraps any of the "play fights" and other internal incidents up there!

Gareth67

First Grade
You're probably right Gaz- George Dragon tells me he's been involved in multiple fights at the club so something is seriously amiss with him.

Wests must have a good PR department to cover up these internal incidents- the Broncs don't seem to be able to keep under wraps any of the "play fights" and other internal incidents up there!
Ah ! So the genius touch of that rascal Roy Masters still lingers in the Magpies dressing room .

Last edited:

Saffy

Juniors
Yes bring all aggression on the field and not off. We cannot afford to have any continuation of wayward and moody footballers running around the community causing us further embarrassment.
If I remember right being a Dragon supporter for many years , always been a few wayward lads at Jubilee Carlton pub just up the road ,many a Dragon legend would drop in for a drink ( social always well behaved ) lol
Ok, don’t shoot the messenger.

According to Danny Weidler’s Twitter feed Payne Hass has gone rouge in Brisbane & is coming to the Dragon’s on a 5yr deal.

Saffy

Juniors

Payne would be a good buy ,seeing we've lost Simms ,Tyson ,Mat,Paul, Sailor ect imagine if we still had Saab Drinkwater ,we may have been able to compete !! Something is wrong at club get rid of coach not good players

Adolf_Spritzer

Juniors
Payne would be a good buy ,seeing we've lost Simms ,Tyson ,Mat,Paul, Sailor ect imagine if we still had Saab Drinkwater ,we may have been able to compete !! Something is wrong at club get rid of coach not good players
If you're referring to Josh, he hasn't played with us since 2013 so it's hardly Hooks fault. And Saab flat out didn't want to stay, wanted to go an play with his mate Keith Titmuss at Manly. Simms isn't gone, Frizz is past it and Vaughn apparently had a bad attitude. Not to mention young Sailor getting into trouble with the law, during the whole JDB saga, no wonder there wasn't an offer made. Agree on Prior if that's who you're referring to. I think he was pretty underated, you don't end up with two premiership rings being a nufty.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
If you're referring to Josh, he hasn't played with us since 2013 so it's hardly Hooks fault. And Saab flat out didn't want to stay, wanted to go an play with his mate Keith Titmuss at Manly. Simms isn't gone, Frizz is past it and Vaughn apparently had a bad attitude. Not to mention young Sailor getting into trouble with the law, during the whole JDB saga, no wonder there wasn't an offer made. Agree on Prior if that's who you're referring to. I think he was pretty underated, you don't end up with two premiership rings being a nufty.
Well said AS. I thought @Saffy comments about released players was ill considered and really overestimated what their loss has, or will be, to the club. I also thought the "Mat" he referred to was probably Dufty, a reasonable FG player, not Prior, a two time premiership winning forward - a bit of a difference in quality there!

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
/facepalm

Definitely talking about Dufty now I think about it, but from the list that was quoted it could have been any mat in the past 10 years 😂
Another one that it was lamented that we let go was Sooky Saab. He is no great loss based on his recent games. His strengths are that he is tall and he is fast. Unfortunately he seems to a heart the size of a pea. Rarely gets involved in the tough stuff, and not much use bringing the ball back. As I said, no great loss.

thebigredv

First Grade
Another one that it was lamented that we let go was Sooky Saab. He is no great loss based on his recent games. His strengths are that he is tall and he is fast. Unfortunately he seems to a heart the size of a pea. Rarely gets involved in the tough stuff, and not much use bringing the ball back. As I said, no great loss.

Automatically my least favourite player in the comp when he did a Tallis on us. Sooky Saab is right.

Latest posts