What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith from everyone’s second favourite club in 2003 to absolute hated club in 2021:

Pantherjim.

Referee
I must admit, this has surprised me as well:

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www...ecome-the-new-team-nrl-fans-love-to-hate/amp/

Albeit, tomorrow arvo, if you’d rather get on the bandwagon of a team with zero local juniors and a track record of cheating via salary cap rorts as opposed to a club virtually founded on the best local junior development in the NRL all because: “Ivan Cleary, Wests Tigers… something… something” and “over-enthusiastic, smug post-try celebrations”, be my guest.

Last edited:

Glen

Bench
They are less hateable than the Storm but the Storm wins a comp every couple of years so we are just numb to it.

I’m petty. Watching the smug, over-celebrating, injury-faking, kick-chaser-obstructors lose would still make me feel better about my own team’s lack of success. Oh and Gus would have to stop talking about them like they are in the middle of a dynasty

Santino Patane

Juniors
You obviously haven’t been following the game as long as I have.
That has no relevance to the argument. But the facts are in 2021 Penrith are the least liked club in the comp and where there’s smoke there’s fire. If Melbourne in 2021 were anywhere near as arrogant as Penrith, it would show in the numbers- but it doesn’t. So back to bed old boy, your arguments are insipid.

Pantherjim.

Referee
That has no relevance to the argument. But the facts are in 2021 Penrith are the least liked club in the comp and where there’s smoke there’s fire. If Melbourne in 2021 were anywhere near as arrogant as Penrith, it would show in the numbers- but it doesn’t. So back to bed old boy, your arguments are insipid.

Not that I give a shit, but I’m sure you have some sort of evidence to back this up ?

Pantherjim.

Referee
Won the comp without playing a single game in front of a home crowd last year, while you choked when it mattered.
That’s a track record you can chew on for a bit.

So that deserves “Hatred”?

Again, how do you know it hasn’t been artificially won given the Storm’s track record?

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Thank god only one of them and Melbourne can make the dance because a Melbourne vs. Penrith GF again would have been unwatchable.

Latest posts