What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Week 3 Finals: Storms v Ruffs + Silvertails v Rabbits

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The most disappointing thing about tonight's match is that if a little bit of luck had gone our way last week, or if we had better executed our plays and attack, we could be Grand Finalists next week.
We were soooo close this year and matched it with the best.
We are not far off the mark. A few minor tweaks and a slight strengthening of the squad just might see us get there.
We could even do nothing and just have more luck.

hindy111

Post Whore
You can't say a team was dominant when they missed 70+ tackles and only one of their forwards made 100m. It was a tight game, like last week.

Penrith where the better side. Had Storm stole it at end it would of been luck.

Last week was a coin toss. Parra where the slightly better side bar some poor errors when they didn't need them.

Kornstar

Coach
Turbo still created havoc last night at times. Manly just had zero good ball.

I think he is the most dominant player in the comp but i thought he was extremely off last night.

The most disappointing thing about tonight's match is that if a little bit of luck had gone our way last week, or if we had better executed our plays and attack, we could be Grand Finalists next week.
We were soooo close this year and matched it with the best.
We are not far off the mark. A few minor tweaks and a slight strengthening of the squad just might see us get there.

We showed we can match it with the best twice in the last month. I personally think once we can bring the intensity we showed in those games against teams that we should beat then we will build the mentality overcome the better teams more often.

You can't play with a different attitude depending on who you are playing and expect to make winning a true habit, that is why the Storm, Roosters and the Panthers (the last 2 years) have been in the GF consistently because they have that attitude all the time no matter what.......it is the killer instinct we need imo.

What chance Cleary gets a week for that tackle?

Zero chance, i didn't think it was that bad.

IFR33K

Coach
I think south’s have been the team of the finals series. Would be huge to knock panthers over again.

having said that, panthers defense has been awesome the past couple of weeks.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Safe to say the nrl has had a better final series then the afl. Another flogging in the AFL tonight.

While the demons break their 57 year drought makes me so jealous that another team has broken their drought across the 2 codes recently. St Kilda is the only team standing with a longer one then Parra

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
how many media articles were there during the week writing off the Panfers ?

hindy111

Post Whore
THE AFL was a great game. Bulldogs looked all over them midway thru the 3rd qtr. And then the Melbourne exploded. Never seen a game like it.

lingard

Coach
I am soooooo glad Melbourne lost. Now we have a real grand final. The last time these two played was an epic game. Can't wait. I'm leaning toward Souths, but it should be very close. An all Sydney affair, too.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
fun fact:

when was the last time 2 NRL teams played off in the grand final whose most recent loss was to their grand final opponent ?

strider

Post Whore
fun fact:

when was the last time 2 NRL teams played off in the grand final whose most recent loss was to their grand final opponent ?
Tigers vs Cowboys 2005? .... cowboys got flogged in the semi but came back to make the GF

King-Gutho94

Coach
Tigers vs Cowboys 2005? .... cowboys got flogged in the semi but came back to make the GF

Tigers last loss in 2005 was penrith in round 26. The reason i remember this is my dad had a won a prize which was me and brother being invited into the tigers sheds after the game and running out onto the field with them.

I wasnt changing teams though i was still parra through and through.

Though i did get a signed 2005 tigers jersey and had photos with Benji and scott prince. I didnt think they would win the comp 4 weeks later

strider

Post Whore
ohhh - is the question when both team's most recent loss was to eachother? ..... hmmmmm 🤔

Latest posts