What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Week 3 Finals: Storms v Ruffs + Silvertails v Rabbits

hindy111

Post Whore
I think physically Penrith are spent and Cleary is playing injured. He is also on report. Souths to win.

That's what everyone said this week. Storm are a superior and more physical side then Souths. So are the Eels.
They will also get Leota back. Also a young side. They will be fine. 8 day ready also

hindy111

Post Whore
Half as many times as Storm did.

Storm had 55% possession and slowed Panthers down to an even slower play the ball. The 6 agains they got were random let's make this a game calls.

Storm won penalty count. Won the 6 agains. Dominated possession. Yet slowed the play down more and got away with some blatant penalties.

Agree. Storm always get their hands in and around ball all tangled up. And it seems innocent but happens to often. Penrith should of had a few 6 again calls. A date 10-6 a penalty right infront or atleadt a 6 again when H.Grant backfilled a Penrith player after he was ready to play ball.
Also H.Grant goes off with a bung shoulder and they call it a failed HIA? Was that so they get an extra interchange?

hindy111

Post Whore
Souths to win imo.

storm were lethargic from the 20min mark. Lost 2 players in the first half, and made 15 errors. They don’t lose Smith, or make 4-5 less errors and they score at least 1 more try.

any of the top 6 would have beaten storm on how they played today, which just shits me even more about last weeks result.

Why do you feel they made errors? I'd say Penrith defense forced them into taking risks.

Cleary dropped ball cold and kicked out on full.
Kikau dropped ball cold as did Capewell and Luai. A poor Penriths challenge lead to a Storm Penalty which is dumb.
If you are challenging a decision then the challenge should only be for the infringementyou challenging. Not for the whole play. Ridiculous.

hindy111

Post Whore
Papenhauzen is a great player but offers nothing in some games. Guys like Teddy and Turbo very rarely have these type of games. Even Gutherson seems to have atleast some sort of contribution. And Ponga on a quiet day is still far more potent.
I'm curious to see how his game evolves along with H.Grant who I thoughts been very average this season.

On fullbacks I almost rate Laurie at the Tigers as better then Papmehauzen.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Papenhauzen is a great player but offers nothing in some games. Guys like Teddy and Turbo very rarely have these type of games. Even Gutherson seems to have atleast some sort of contribution. And Ponga on a quiet day is still far more potent.
I'm curious to see how his game evolves along with H.Grant who I thoughts been very average this season.

Grant is overrated his 2 worse performances have come against Parramatta and penrith when he had to play big minutes.

He isnt up to 80 mins first grade standard yet.

Sometimes i think he runs too much and gets himself caught in a jam like today it happened 3 times

Kornstar

Coach

Turbo was severely ineffective 2 of the last 3 weeks, Manly were beaten soundly in both of those games.

Suitman

Post Whore
The most disappointing thing about tonight's match is that if a little bit of luck had gone our way last week, or if we had better executed our plays and attack, we could be Grand Finalists next week.
We were soooo close this year and matched it with the best.
We are not far off the mark. A few minor tweaks and a slight strengthening of the squad just might see us get there.