What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Preliminary Semifinal V Storm

roofromoz

First Grade
I kid you not, my wife got up and went behind the sofa "I can't watch it anymore it's too intense" she said. I laughed my head off. I used to do that when I was a kid and doctor Who was on.

I get what she meant though. It was physically draining just watching it.

I watched the first half in full, had to start dinner so was coming in and out of the lounge room in the second half. That last 10 or so minutes was torture.

I watched the first half in full, had to start dinner so was coming in and out of the lounge room in the second half. That last 10 or so minutes was torture.
Those 4 minutes at the end, especially after Capewell messed up the play-the-ball, was the longest 4 minutes I’ve felt for a long time.

Even longer than having to put up with my kids playing that bloody “Dynamite” song by that BTS group

Alintheeast

Juniors
Even Mansour would’ve caught and scored that
Being silly here but any winger would have caught that pass Gennings dropped. I get a feeling that game day has a pressure that most of us don’t face in our jobs, co ordinating two people to interact over that distance would be hard. It is hard to get one person to do a task perfectly how many times is your heart in month when Spillin Dylan is under the high ball

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
It is hard to get one person to do a task perfectly how many times is your heart in month when Spillin Dylan is under the high ball

Average errors per game 2021:

Turbo 1.93
Valentine Holmes 1.90
RTS 1.35
James Tedesco 1.30
Charlie Staines 1.25
Reece Walsh 1.13
Latrell Mitchell 1.06
Clint Gutherson 1.00
Brian To'o 1.00
Stephen Crichton 0.91
Ryan Papenhuyzen 0.77
Ponga 0.57

Dylan Edwards? 0.78

In other words, get out of here with that shit.

Abacus

Juniors
Say goodbye to Top 4 if that is our plan. Is there a rule somewhere in the club that Tyrone May has to be in the side at all?
🤣 I'm not his biggest fan but since we've re-signed him, I'm just trying to figure some more effective way to use him and given (at this point) we're short in the 2nd row, our right side attack generally dies with Edwards or Mom, he seems an option.

Abacus

Juniors
He's a solid 14, but still not convinced he is a regular starting player in any particular position. Very pedestrian as halfback during Origin, would have been the ideal time to blood Kurt Falls.
Yep, imo if he can't convert to a 2nd rower then he'll never be a regular starter - & may he never play in the halves again!!

Dodgy

Juniors
For 2 weeks on SEN down here in Melbourne, we had the nerd Gerard Whateley crapping on how this game should be moved from its original slot for the benefit of neutral/Melbourne fans, with the game clashing against the AFL GF. Very concentrated on laying the boots into the NRL.

This morning, the decision was supposedly justified with the ratings for the games being 190k, when it's apparently 90k for other Storm finals that clash with AFL finals.

Well, I've heard that the rescheduled game benefitted Penrith due to the different conditions. Having lost, Storm also loses any PR gain from that extra 100k watching them by missing out on the 3mil+ by not being in the GF.

Alintheeast

Juniors
Average errors per game 2021:

Turbo 1.93
Valentine Holmes 1.90
RTS 1.35
James Tedesco 1.30
Charlie Staines 1.25
Reece Walsh 1.13
Latrell Mitchell 1.06
Clint Gutherson 1.00
Brian To'o 1.00
Stephen Crichton 0.91
Ryan Papenhuyzen 0.77
Ponga 0.57

Dylan Edwards? 0.78

In other words, get out of here with that shit.
They are total errors from all aspect not just high ball, there seems to be a view from some on forum that Dylan doesn’t pass enough so if he doesn’t pass no possible error. That try in the Parramatta match was that considered a statistical error, the 20-40 howler last Saturday along with not taking a few balls on the full are they classed as errors. I am a big fan of Dylan think he cops more than his share of whinges here but when Souths put up the high ball on Sunday are you going to call your bookie and bet your house that he’ll catch it.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
They are total errors from all aspect not just high ball, there seems to be a view from some on forum that Dylan doesn’t pass enough so if he doesn’t pass no possible error. That try in the Parramatta match was that considered a statistical error, the 20-40 howler last Saturday along with not taking a few balls on the full are they classed as errors. I am a big fan of Dylan think he cops more than his share of whinges here but when Souths put up the high ball on Sunday are you going to call your bookie and bet your house that he’ll catch it.

That's why I put our wingers in the list as well - they certainly are not passing it. And yet Edwards still has fewer errors that ALL of our wingers/stand-in fullbacks. So why aren't whining about them?

Girds89

Bench

Was mom on the weekend and if he wasnt best on ground against parra was a close 2nd.

Hes the best under the high ball in the club. Ivan said it himself in a press conference only 2 or 3 weeks ago i believe.

Hes one of the safest back 3s in the comp and as i keep saying, one of if not the best defensivley..

He does more work in defence than any of the guns.

I watched turbo very closely on friday and he honestly didnt get through half the work edwards does in defence. In terms of covering meterage and getting from marker to cover on the other side of the field than back again..

No one is better. Theres a reason we are the best defensive side in the comp.. dylans saved about 8 possible tries in 2 weeks.

Just like your errors that dont go down as errors stat......the 8 or so try saves he made which have literally kept us in this finals series.... they also go down as nothing.

To me its been pretty easy to see. If he plays verse the buns im very confident wed have won that game.

And our last two games hes been basically our best player and saved us with his defence.

I wouldnt want anyone else at fb on sunday. Thats for sure.

Alintheeast

Juniors
My last word, primarily because I am afternoon drinker and it gets toodeep and too complex. Simply what is an error and how do the Actuaries and Mathematical genius of league determine and quantify them. From a subjective analysis the problem inherent in the full back position is that any faux pas sticks out like dog’s balls. Staines gets whined about and posters have been known to complain about Critter. Too the best winger in the world is treated with respect as the Manly fans treat the sainted Turbo. Albeit that one blue per game is trifling.
Will you be betting your house on the South’s first towering kick on Sunday. Burp and fini.

Frankus

Juniors
My last word, primarily because I am afternoon drinker and it gets toodeep and too complex. Simply what is an error and how do the Actuaries and Mathematical genius of league determine and quantify them. From a subjective analysis the problem inherent in the full back position is that any faux pas sticks out like dog’s balls. Staines gets whined about and posters have been known to complain about Critter. Too the best winger in the world is treated with respect as the Manly fans treat the sainted Turbo. Albeit that one blue per game is trifling.
Will you be betting your house on the South’s first towering kick on Sunday. Burp and fini.
Dyl is pretty safe under the high ball. I’ll back him to defuse it. How do we arrange the bet?

Alintheeast

Juniors
Was mom on the weekend and if he wasnt best on ground against parra was a close 2nd.

Hes the best under the high ball in the club. Ivan said it himself in a press conference only 2 or 3 weeks ago i believe.

Hes one of the safest back 3s in the comp and as i keep saying, one of if not the best defensivley..

He does more work in defence than any of the guns.

I watched turbo very closely on friday and he honestly didnt get through half the work edwards does in defence. In terms of covering meterage and getting from marker to cover on the other side of the field than back again..

No one is better. Theres a reason we are the best defensive side in the comp.. dylans saved about 8 possible tries in 2 weeks.

Just like your errors that dont go down as errors stat......the 8 or so try saves he made which have literally kept us in this finals series.... they also go down as nothing.

To me its been pretty easy to see. If he plays verse the buns im very confident wed have won that game.

And our last two games hes been basically our best player and saved us with his defence.

I wouldnt want anyone else at fb on sunday. Thats for sure.
Neither would I.

Latest posts