What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

age.s

First Grade
You love to see it, especially in the Vlandys era where it’s point scoring galore
It's testament to just how fit we are. Great defensive efforts are still possible, but most teams aren't conditioned for modern game flow induced by the new rules.

Incredible statistic though. I'd love to see it adjusted for the amount of points scored in the season.

Black Diamond

Juniors
The Storm thought they were hilarious ridiculing the Mt Druitt boys after last years GF, it in fact was what has driven the boys all year to extract revenge.

Panthers have been called cheats and arrogant and all but written off but look at the Storm now, not even in GF after being bundled out by the very same boys they ridiculed. Smith and Munster and whoever else was involved have bought the shining reputation of the Storm into disrepute in a drug scandal. Karma at its finest

The Storm thought they were hilarious ridiculing the Mt Druitt boys after last years GF, it in fact was what has driven the boys all year to extract revenge.

Panthers have been called cheats and arrogant and all but written off but look at the Storm now, not even in GF after being bundled out by the very same boys they ridiculed. Smith and Munster and whoever else was involved have bought the shining reputation of the Storm into disrepute in a drug scandal. Karma at its finest
We rugby League fans like to eat our own!! At the moment these Storm boys have been proven to have done nothing. If it is proven they have done something illegal, then let’s talk about it then.

But remember we have someone in our team that has been found guilty of illegally spreading non-consensual sex videos, while we also have players who have broken COVID restrictions (some of them not just imposed by the league but also by the law).

I know that many jumped on our players when they did the wrong thing, and many (including some media personalities with agendas) claimed it was an issue with our culture. So I get people wanting to point out they are hypocrites.

Let’s rise above it; WE have a GF to look forward to!!

Black Diamond

Juniors
We rugby League fans like to eat our own!! At the moment these Storm boys have been proven to have done nothing. If it is proven they have done something illegal, then let’s talk about it then.

But remember we have someone in our team that has been found guilty of illegally spreading non-consensual sex videos, while we also have players who have broken COVID restrictions (some of them not just imposed by the league but also by the law).

I know that many jumped on our players when they did the wrong thing, and many (including some media personalities with agendas) claimed it was an issue with our culture. So I get people wanting to point out they are hypocrites.

Let’s rise above it; WE have a GF to look forward to!!
Nope, I never said they were charged or even said they did it; I said they were involved in a drug scandal, which they are so yeah we can certainly talk about it now.

Imagine how Jarome, Brian, Steven and Spencer felt when they saw how they were being ridiculed, that is the main point I am making, what they did was disgusting to those boys and I stand by what I said and yes they are absolute hypocrites.

Last edited:

GongPanther

Referee

Penrith players To'o and Api were hilarious last night at the messenger awards, as they were both photo bombing during the broadcast when Fox were speaking to Penrith players. To'o and Api were wearing sunnies....I wonder who they were taking the piss out of?🤣

Kilkenny

Coach
Look I abhor anyone who is involved in taking so called recreational drugs.

Not so much about the personal choice for doing it, rather than it is supportive of organised crime, bikie gangs, drug lords and the like who profit from it. The violence that goes with it, the murders, overdoses and the like. It is a despicable by product and something that should not be condoned.

I just don’t understand it, never have, never will.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Look I abhor anyone who is involved in taking so called recreational drugs.

Not so much about the personal choice for doing it, rather than it is supportive of organised crime, bikie gangs, drug lords and the like who profit from it. The violence that goes with it, the murders, overdoses and the like. It is a despicable by product and something that should not be condoned.

I just don’t understand it, never have, never will.
That all exists because it's illegal

roofromoz

First Grade
Just looking through the old 1997 website at the moment (it still exists online!), there is a match report from the Under 19s Mal Meninga Cup grand final, which Penrith won. In it included Rhys Wesser, Craig Trindall and Shaun Laurie (who was Daine's uncle, the one now at the Tigers)... but there was also an A Weston in the scoring summary. Does anybody know what the A was name wise - looking at RLP it didn't look like he played any first grade anywhere. There is an Aaron Weston, but he was the son of Dallas who played for a number of clubs in the 90s so would have been too young.

snickers007

Juniors
Just looking through the old 1997 website at the moment (it still exists online!), there is a match report from the Under 19s Mal Meninga Cup grand final, which Penrith won. In it included Rhys Wesser, Craig Trindall and Shaun Laurie (who was Daine's uncle, the one now at the Tigers)... but there was also an A Weston in the scoring summary. Does anybody know what the A was name wise - looking at RLP it didn't look like he played any first grade anywhere. There is an Aaron Weston, but he was the son of Dallas who played for a number of clubs in the 90s so would have been too young.

Did a bit of googling, and came across this: https://forums.leagueunlimited.com/threads/mal-meninga-cup-super-league-squads.318047/

Not sure if @RL1908 is still around, but they might be able to dig out the program again