What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

stryker

First Grade
Yeah I know, but their defence is exceptional, up there with the most effective I’ve ever witnessed.
Souths attack needs Latrell to compete against them. He has cost his side the premiership for mine.

WT Unity

Juniors
And he needs to learn how to tackle
Gotta say Simmo - I don't see that!
But I'm prepared to stand corrected. Would love to hear what others have to say on the subject...
What are the opinions out there?
Does Douehi need to learn to tackle?
Is he a defensive liability?

stryker

First Grade
At 95kg Douehi is 3kg heavier than Radley and 5kg heavier than Murray. Lighter locks don't seem to be a problem for the Roosters or Souths. The best teams all now have a smaller, lighter, skilful, legspeed forward in their rotation. Souths and Easts as above along with the likes of Smith at Melbourne, Yeo at Penrith, Jake at Manly (not small necessarily but mobile and skilful) and Nathan Brown at Parra to name a few, all from top 8 teams.
I'm not necessarily putting my house on whether he could or would be transitioned into a #13 but it's not the worst idea I've heard of. He's skilful and can play a bit of footy as we all know and the examples mentioned previously in their respective teams get their hands on the ball a hell of a lot. I do now think that if this was being thought of by the coaching team (and that's a big if, it maybe totally left field as far as they're concerned) that his injury would probably delay it as they probably would have wanted to work on it in pre-season.
The blokes you have named are all shithot defenders, with extraordinary motors.
He isn’t in the same league.

Yeah I know, but their defence is exceptional, up there with the most effective I’ve ever witnessed.
Souths attack needs Latrell to compete against them. He has cost his side the premiership for mine.

Their defence is a full 10% better than the storm, their closest rival.

It means Bennett will have to take plenty of risks in attack and mix it up.

The thing is that the rabbits have threat all over their backline. They have Cody Walker who has the best hands in the game.

He will be running at their line all day and they will miss a few of his feints.

I’ve studied his close attack, he’s almost impossible to defend against when he’s on. The ball could go anywhere. He needs to be on.

Renno could run a marathon, his alleged injury is all bullshite.

Last edited:

stryker

First Grade
Their defence is a full 10% better than the storm, their closest rival.

It means Bennett will have to take plenty of risks in attack and mix it up.

The thing is that the rabbits have threat all over their backline. They have Cody Walker who has the best hands the game. He will be running at line all day and they miss a few of his feints.
Yes that will happen, but Penriths scramble is as good as ours was in 05. Parra and Melbourne broke their line a few times and were quickly caught and shutdown.
Id like to see the bunnies win as they have been a top side for ages and deserve it. If all their passes stick and they dominate possession, Penrith may run out of gas. They’ve had a torrid three weeks now.

WT Unity

Juniors
The blokes you have named are all shithot defenders, with extraordinary motors.
He isn’t in the same league.
Yeah ok, although there are many who would disagree and many in the media (ex player analysts - not the journo's) that have a pretty high opinion of Douehi. Another way to look at it is to compare with what we're currently doing. The 3 x big bopper middle third rotation (or I could be unkind and say plodders) that we have on at the same time isn't working. So ok he's not in the same league as a Yeo, Cam Murray or a Victor Radley but he might be a better option than Joe Offa, Seyfarth or Twal. The way the game is being payed at the moment you can start with 3 but after 20 minutes and for the remainder of the game you need 2 + someone in the pack that offers a bit more, brings some skill and plays a bit of footy. And if not him (and trust me I'm not totally convinced or trying to oversell it) but if not then we need to try to bring someone into the squad that can play that role because I don't think you make the top 8 trying the same out of date big 3 middle forward game plan.

WT Unity

Juniors
I’m not allowed to say because it may f**k the deal.

Only a couple here are in the loop.

its still a whisper anyway.

I know you’re going to hate the guy anyway.
Hey TSP - Any chance you could give us at least an ETA.....
I'm dying over here - Are we talking imminent, next week, next month.

C'Mon - Throw us a bone!

Hey TSP - Any chance you could give us at least an ETA.....
I'm dying over here - Are we talking imminent, next week, next month.

C'Mon - Throw us a bone!
Before we resume for the pre season, at least one new proper forward and another.

I can’t disclose because clubs don’t like these things going public and there could be pushback from the player/agent.

No retiree or ex WT merkin coming “home”.

Game ready, battle hardened players.

Last edited:

WT Unity

Juniors
Before we resume for the pre season, at least one new proper forward and another.

I can’t disclose because clubs don’t like these things going public and there could be pushback from the player/agent.

No I agree - Don't risk it, jeopardise it or mock it in any way. No loose lips or leaks.
How's the irony - The LU forum is more disciplined than the board !!

No I agree - Don't risk it, jeopardise it or mock it in any way. No loose lips or leaks.
How's the irony - The LU forum is more disciplined than the board !!
Well I’ve let at least one forumer know -who I trust so when they arrive then the forumer can vouch for my sincerity in the matter.

If they don’t arrive and my source is bad, then I’d be best off to be quiet in future.

I have done some stand-offish meddling to assist the club, nothing dramatic or profound and only by chance.

Das Hassler

Bench

Hey...you can tell me...i'm well over 50% trustworthy as sure as my name is Has Dassler

Last edited:

Mario chalmers

Juniors
Yeah ok, although there are many who would disagree and many in the media (ex player analysts - not the journo's) that have a pretty high opinion of Douehi. Another way to look at it is to compare with what we're currently doing. The 3 x big bopper middle third rotation (or I could be unkind and say plodders) that we have on at the same time isn't working. So ok he's not in the same league as a Yeo, Cam Murray or a Victor Radley but he might be a better option than Joe Offa, Seyfarth or Twal. The way the game is being payed at the moment you can start with 3 but after 20 minutes and for the remainder of the game you need 2 + someone in the pack that offers a bit more, brings some skill and plays a bit of footy. And if not him (and trust me I'm not totally convinced or trying to oversell it) but if not then we need to try to bring someone into the squad that can play that role because I don't think you make the top 8 trying the same out of date big 3 middle forward game plan.

Really good assessment here.

Twal & Joffa cannot pass. We named Mikaele at 13 in a couple of games also and he cannot catch or pass!

Compare WT to Manly last week. They had Jake Turbo passing out the back from first receiver. Then they brought on Dylan Walker to play the same role and he was very sharp. Souths meanwhile have Murray who relies on a pass out the back but his other go to is a fast PTB which sets up heaps of tries.

The other thing that really stuffed WT this year was lack of go forward. A serious problem for us every year in fact! The only games where we didnt seem to have this problem was the matches where we'd start sets with hitups from Stefano on play 1 and then Blore on play 2. The first game against the Dogs we saw this a few times. Point being - if you start with two good runs you can have a mix of players getting the ball on the other tackles to complete the set

Choiboi

Juniors

Hope it's not Sims.....