What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 GF | PREMIERS - Penrith 14-12 South Sydney @ Suncorp

Grand Final: Penrith v South Sydney

• Penrith Panthers

Votes: 53 51.5%
  • South Sydney Rabbitohs

Votes: 50 48.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tommy Smith

Referee
Behind a dominant forward pack and surging defensive line he put up a lot of accurate bombs. A combination of Souths errors and great defence turned those bombs into repeat sets and territorial dominance which he proceeded to do nothing with.

I dunno, credit for what he did well (accurate bombs) but that’s a depressing vision of elite halfback play to me.
But how often does a halfback light up a GF?

I can think of Keary in 2018. Cronk 2012.

It's not often but in such tense affairs it's generally that one play that makes all the difference, or as it was tonight, death by a thousand paper cuts.

BranVan3000

Coach
Vale rugby league in Australia

Born: 1908
Died: October 3, 2021

Murdered by Ivan Cleary and his disgustingly negative tactics. May she Rest In Peace.
Do you know that you'd be saying this if Rabbitohs won? Or is the self awareness beyond you?

horrie hastings

First Grade
That should be Rabs last call, the senility has really set in, the comment that we are at the 76th minute mark of the game when the clock was showing 73.41 minute mark ( or something very close to it ) then he almost lept into the father son thing from 1991 , luckily he only got as far as saying father then they got it right just after saying 2003