What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Grand Final: Panthers V Souths

DinkyDi

Juniors
I swear i look like Brandy every single time I watch the team start to celebrate as the full time siren goes. Just so overwhelmed with joy and pride.

When it's so tough for our club to win a competition it feels beyond special.
I have to admit, when I saw Brandy's raw emotion, I shed a tear, or more.

murraymob

Coach
Be interesting we know brandy has about 40 years service to the club .i think Jim Jones our recruitment guy would be the longest serving panther he must have over 40 years with only 1 year out of that when he was with st Mary’s the rest continuous

The_Frog

First Grade
According to Crighton is post match interviews (the next day). The intercept was a planned move.
The players had trained to do just what occured, with our own Peter Wallace playing the role of Cody Walker.
So some planning and thinking went into it all. Just like the week before with the kick try.
It was a trap.

roofromoz

First Grade
Be interesting we know brandy has about 40 years service to the club .i think Jim Jones our recruitment guy would be the longest serving panther he must have over 40 years with only 1 year out of that when he was with st Mary’s the rest continuous

He went to Queanbeyan in the early 80s and actually played for the Raiders in 1984.

Brad Fittler gained more. Panthers halves pairings have won him 3x Origin series.

Fittlers success with established halves pairings is pretty high. His success without them is incredibly low.
That is the story of NSW though. When was the last time we won a series without a halves pairing that wasn’t a club combination (either at the time or previously played together?). Got to go back to Joey and ?? In 2005?

Watched the replay, the only thing I’ll say is that Kikau on the final play doesn’t even get near the ball with his foot. Being pedantic, that’s a penalty. 40m out and 15 in, you’d back Reynolds to kick it but it would take a special kind of f**kwit to blow that penalty.
It’s funny that you brought this up as I didn’t really notice it live but focused on it after watching the replay and I thought to myself, “Gee he’s lucky he wasn’t penalised for that”.

But it would’ve been a tad pedantic (and controversial) if it was given a penalty as both teams had poor play-the-balls throughout the game without any ramifications.

Kilkenny

Coach
It’s funny that you brought this up as I didn’t really notice it live but focused on it after watching the replay and I thought to myself, “Gee he’s lucky he wasn’t penalised for that”.

But it would’ve been a tad pedantic (and controversial) if it was given a penalty as both teams had poor play-the-balls throughout the game without any ramifications.
They haven't penalised play the ball infringements all year.

This season we went back to the players just rolling the ball between there legs each and every game, 75% of the time.

The refs could find a breach of the rules each and every tackle if they wanted to In some shape or form.

I thought for the most part the refs were pretty good during the finals series.

Michael Matral

Juniors
Wow..now its all sunk in and I've had time to digest...I have come to the conclusion that I'm glad we didn't play razzle dazzle for the last 3 games like earlier in the year,,we played a style far more calculated and tough. Really tough and courageous and clever. We beat Melbourne at their own game and it was set practiced moves that scored that first try against them and the intercept against Souths. Well planned and well executed. We missed plenty of tries but the opposition defence was so good this last 3 weeks, that by pure extra effort we were just better. This mindset will hold us in good stead for the next few years..

murraymob

Coach
Disappointed that no official jumped in and put the trophy away at least till the next morning.Our club just won a grand final instead of basking in its glory we are being bashed in the media from pillar to post

Black Diamond

Juniors
Disappointed that no official jumped in and put the trophy away at least till the next morning.Our club just won a grand final instead of basking in its glory we are being bashed in the media from pillar to post
Yep they love to bash us. The trophy has been broken before, the boys were ridiculed by Storm last year but Kikau singing Souths Anthem is much worse apparently and now Nathan is responsible for a couple of blokes crossing the border! Funny how when Panthers do this stuff its far worse.

And May is just an idiot, should have shut his mouth.

roofromoz

First Grade
If May didn't play (or better still had been 'released' last year) at least half the bad shit that had been reported since Sunday would not have happened.