What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Squad: Gains, Losses & Re-signings.

randomdragon

Juniors
Not alot of love for Kerr on here.

I think he suffered from playing out wide.

Play him and prop in bursts and we'll see what he can do.

I think alot of forwards suffer from poor use of the interchange. AM & Sims included both haven't been 80minute players for atleast a few years.

Probably due to our lack of depth.
This is the team info on this site. I only count 26 squad players plus the 2 development players.
Have they missed someone ? I thought we only had one spot left. Is J.Hunt still with us ?

View attachment 55171
Moga Sloane burns Amone

denis preston

First Grade
Thanks, it was Burns that was missing. Moga is on the first line and Sloan and Amone are the 2 development players.
So 1 spot left, who's it gonna be ??????
We obviously are keeping our powder dry on this one, hope we have eyes for a high NRL standard forward. Rumours that Simms is not a definite starter for us next season could have something to do with this ?

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Thanks, it was Burns that was missing. Moga is on the first line and Sloan and Amone are the 2 development players.
So 1 spot left, who's it gonna be ??????

I'm pretty sure Jr and Tyrell have been upgraded from the DS. So, our top 30 squad has 29.

We have until June 30 to fill that 30th spot.

In saying that, it still would not surprise me if we 'let go' at least 1 or 2 from their current contracts with us, particularly if another suitor comes knocking.
I believe we are still 'active' in the market, however, any target would be still contracted at their present club for 2022. With WB almost guaranteed of coaching the Dolphins, there's a lot of wait and see from player agents to see who Wayne will give a call to after Nov1.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
As we stand, we let 10 players go and we have replaced them with 10 players (8 recruited, 2 promoted). Recruiting 8 players (not saying anything about whether they are good, bad or whatever) before Nov1 is in itself a good effort.

Of the 8 players recruited, I found this interesting, especially for those molding team lists. This is the number of times each player has started in a position.

Jack Gosiewski:
Edge forward - 17
Prop - 1
Bench - 34

Aaron Woods:
Prop - 189
Edge forward - 1
Lock - 1
Bench - 42

Tautau Moga:
Wing - 11
Centre - 61
Bench - 2

Moses Mbye:
Fullback - 39
Centre - 28
5/8 - 23
Half back - 51
Hooker - 6
Bench 10

Moses Suli:
Wing - 10
Centre - 65
Bench - 4

Jaydn Sua:
Centre - 1
Edge forward - 61
Bench - 21

George Burgess:
Prop - 91
Bench - 58

Francis Molo:
Prop - 20
Lock - 1
Bench - 55

It appears Molo, Burgess, Sua, Gosiewski and to a lesser extent Woods, are no strangers to starting from the bench.

randomdragon

Juniors
realistically who would Wayne poach from our squad anyway? possibly Kerr as he selected him in the old squad however I can't really see them wanting any of our other squad who come off contract at the end of next year

Gareth67

First Grade
I have been waiting for Josh Kerr to throw off the shackles that seemed to have him chained to a post and finally become the type of player that he has promised to be - on occasions .

A man of his size and bulk is needed in the Dragon pack , but unfortunately Josh does not put everything into his game . He needs to get out there next season and take control of our pack with aggression in his tackling and charge with the ball in attack .

6 feet 6 inches of muscle with the will to tear into the opposition every time his has the ball in his big hands .

Get out their Josh and and play your best and do yourself and the Big Red V proud in 2022 .

Last edited:

jak

Bench
I have been waiting for Josh Kerr to throw off the shackles that have seemed to had him chained to a post and finally become the type of player that he has promised to be - on occasions .

A man of his size and bulk is needed in the Dragon pack , but unfortunately Josh does not put everything into his game . He needs to get out there next season and take control of our pack , show restrained aggression in his tacking and charge with the ball in attack .

6 feet 6 inches of muscle with the will to tear into the opposition every time his has the ball in his big hands .

Get out their Josh and and play your best and do yourself and the Big Red V proud in 2022 .
sad but true

randomdragon

Juniors
They might take a bloke like Burns as depth - they do need to fill 30 roster spots
Yeah I’ve thought that, I reckon in 2023 if burns has a good year this year we could guarantee him a starting spot, they potentially lure the feagais up there for depth which is a worry

Latest posts