What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings And News

handyman2190

Bench
I'm not proposing anything, that will be JD's decision but atm we have a hole in the centres that needs to be filled and looking at possible options that JD has.
Brother taafe was considered by those in the club the replacement for cody, illias number 7 yes covid has stunted development, but consider, playing taafe at centre whilst milf and ilias battle 7. This gives taafe time to play 1st grade in a less stressful position 1 position over from 6. Unless or until we get another centre

BradS

Juniors
Centre these days is having a faster second rower

defensive is absolutely key for a centre and taafe is too small at the moment

I think Milne will cover, big strong and relatively fast. Don’t need to be flash, just solid

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
To be fair to Southy mate I’ve seen lots of Souths diehards over social media say similar things.

Even if we fully disagree Southy is still very passionate about Souths and can have his view no matter whether we think it’s bang on or oh so wrong....

We do have weaknesses depth wise as things stand though in the backs especially centre. I am sure everyone can see that.

I have spoken with Southy on the phone this year too he’s a very nice bloke could talk about Souths for hours on end just like me.
Its not a personal attack and not intended that way at all.

Its simply a debate about our team, and in this instance, there is no debate because its just not going to happen, and it should be crystal clear to close watchers of the team, so there's no point to this discussion.

BradS

Juniors
What about Joey Leulia on a 1 year contract

min the right environment the guy can be a wrecking machine

GloryGlory

Juniors
Joey Leuilua, Will Chambers & Curtis Scott - no thanks..
Geez aren't there some highly talented meatheads on the market. All potential game winners but lose cannons. If Bennett was coaching I would back him to get full potential out of any one of them but not sure that the man-manager-slash-second-dad approach is what JD is all about

Agree... no thanks, I'd rather lose and build experience in a future star

southsport

First Grade
Thank you.

I mean, anyone who wants to debate the logic in this needs to find another club to support.
Honestly mate you are full of yourself, this is a discussion forum where we discuss ideas and issues, if you don't like just say so politely instead of carrying on like a dickhead.

Do you live at Botany, we can meet face to face I'll buy you a cup of coffee and we can discuss things.

Last edited:

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Honestly mate you are full of yourself, this is a discussion forum where we discuss ideas and issues, if you don't like just say so politely instead of carrying on like a dickhead.

Do you live at Botany, we can meet face to face I'll buy you a cup of coffee and we can discuss things.
As I said, its not a personal attack, but since you want to make it personal:
YOU are the dickhead if you think Latrell is gonna be shifted from fullback to centre to cover a hole or lack of depth.

This is a discussion board, but you just show your stupidity by making this proposal.

And no, I'm not full of myself because it doesnt take any brains at all to know this is not gonna happen

southsport

First Grade
As I said, its not a personal attack, but since you want to make it personal:
YOU are the dickhead if you think Latrell is gonna be shifted from fullback to centre to cover a hole or lack of depth.

This is a discussion board, but you just show your stupidity by making this proposal.

And no, I'm not full of myself because it doesnt take any brains at all to know this is not gonna happen
Come on, I'll buy you a coffee and we can have a chat about it.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Centre these days is having a faster second rower

defensive is absolutely key for a centre and taafe is too small at the moment

I think Milne will cover, big strong and relatively fast. Don’t need to be flash, just solid
Issue with Milne is his lateral movement is not the best so he gets found out sometimes at centre.

southsport

First Grade
because it was never happening

by the way JD confirmed that Latrell will remain at fullback
Just posted by the guy with the info take it however you want.

"I’m still being told we are in talks with a quality centre and he needs a release which is becoming the issue. Lomax makes sense but I won’t be told a name.

There’s a forward we are talking with as well but JD wants to leave space so he can finalise the squad over the next few months. Effectively JD and the club are speaking to a few options but they need releases and that’s not guaranteed hence the reason why we have 2 or 3 spots to fill".

BradS

Juniors
Just posted by the guy with the info take it however you want.

"I’m still being told we are in talks with a quality centre and he needs a release which is becoming the issue. Lomax makes sense but I won’t be told a name.

There’s a forward we are talking with as well but JD wants to leave space so he can finalise the squad over the next few months. Effectively JD and the club are speaking to a few options but they need releases and that’s not guaranteed hence the reason why we have 2 or 3 spots to fill".
Makes sense

Latest posts