What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings And News

DynamicRabbit1

Juniors
The club doesn’t have too mate in members emails they’ll never tell us off an upgrade. But things get leaked mate from various sources including sometimes from within a club or player managers...... no way Tom is on 550k mate he got upgraded on his last deal when he was coming into his prime. I read articles on this too but if I search them I don’t wanna put them on here in case I get in trouble etc like Botany has said. Richo gave him his upgrade.

It was in a fox league article last year too.
Read my reply to Botany

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
If we had $700k to offer to Reyno + $500k to Gagai then that money should still be available right now still

Milford was already signed
Chee Kam , Havilii and the youngsters (on minimum contracts) would be covered by the other 9 players who have left

you need to factor in the timing of things mate

You would be naive to believe everything you read in the media.

I will leave it there
None of the new signings happened until after Reynolds signed with the Broncos, and Gagai left the money on the table. He had been on around 650-700 but was offered 450 for 2022.

Anyway, again I'll say you are looking at it the wrong way around. You need to look at money already committed, not savings from guys who didn't get resigned.

And yes, timing is everything. Murray, Tatola, Koloamatangi all got extended before Reynolds said no, Gagai said no, and SuA was not given an offer. It's because of this they only offered Reynolds a deal for 2022, Gagai significant reduction, and SuA no deal.

I'm not saying my figures are right for every single player down to the cent. I deliberately didn't post figures for anyone outside of the 7 that I quoted, but you do the estimates for these guys and the rest - how much is left over?

Not much at all.

And if we gonna extend Cody beyond 2022, you think he's gonna stay on the same money when Bennett can throw 1mil per year at him? Cody needs to be factored in after next season, so we won't be signing any name players, or more than 1 year contracts unless they are minimum money.

THAT'S why it's widely acknowledged that "Souths are under salary cap pressure"

Ikonic

Juniors
Interesting times ahead re; juniors & re-signing/upgrades.
How long does cook last in first grade?

Rsag85

Bench
You're shooting from the hip, put up some figures and some names otherwise what you say is meaningless, I don't understand how you can't see it.

Reyno, Gagai, Su'a, Burns=$2.1m or maybe a bit more, Milford could replace Reyno (for a lot less), Gagai hasn't been replaced, Su'a hasn't been replaced and Burns will be replaced from within for less.

just because players go doesn’t mean there is money to spend on the salary cap.

handyman2190

Bench
just because players go doesn’t mean there is money to spend on the salary cap.
Agreed, because the club forcasts at least 3 to 4 years ahead, id say we have around 700, gags 450 and some over for a couple of min wage players they are trying to get a centre and i was hoping for mimorovski but the chooks beat us, the club knows they need to upgrade cody so would keep that in reserve. Im not impressed with fragile knight what ever he is on 4 to 500k is a waste the time he spends on the field,he is on a continuous vacation.

Nafedogg

Juniors
I think it’s safe to say the only ones who ACTUALLY know our cap situation is the club. As if they are going to run around telling all and sundry what people earn.

Anyway, I’m out of here until next season. Enjoy the off-season guys, don’t get worked up by who we are or aren’t signing! Enjoy the ride…

BradS

Juniors
I think it’s safe to say the only ones who ACTUALLY know our cap situation is the club. As if they are going to run around telling all and sundry what people earn.

Anyway, I’m out of here until next season. Enjoy the off-season guys, don’t get worked up by who we are or aren’t signing! Enjoy the ride…
Well said

southsport

First Grade
I believe that Terrell Kalokalo is now in the top 30 squad, hopefully he gets a run in the top team next year.

handyman2190

Bench
Bennet interview asked about poaching souths players and the clause in his contract,he denies knowing about the clause, everyones fair game. I honestly think we have a problem,if cody is not resigned by nov 1

250excf

Juniors

Exactly these people need to get a life instead of dribbling bullshit pretending they have the slightest knowledge of our cap
It’s a joke every off-season same bullshit it’s embarrassing anyway each time I come on here I realise why I never hardly do it’s bullshit land

250excf

Juniors
He’s not earning his 900k a year currently.
What drugs are you on fella he makes the most tackles nearly every week and constantly gets our pack rolling at a very fast pace let alone his own destructive running ffsake what else do you want plus he plays every game without injury

Rabbits20

Immortal
What drugs are you on fella he makes the most tackles nearly every week and constantly gets our pack rolling at a very fast pace let alone his own destructive running ffsake what else do you want plus he plays every game without injury
I want him to create more in attack and get his running metres back up to where they were in 2018. Also sometimes his passes hit the ground too much and the constant crash balls in attack rarely work.

250excf

Juniors
I want him to create more in attack and get his running metres back up to where they were in 2018. Also sometimes his passes hit the ground too much and the constant crash balls in attack rarely work.
He is human mate ever heard of that we all make mistakes even Cody

Latest posts