What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tyrone May

Kilkenny

Coach
How many more chances does he get?
It’s a fair point, Im just not persuaded the social media post albeit added to his other indiscretions in particular the criminal convictions are worthy of dismissal. A lot of this adverse Panthers sentiment has and is being driven by the media. The actions of the Melbourne Storm players were appalling to say the least, but the media has focussed on us, our post GF celebrations and it has become somewhat of a frenzy to sour our success. I don’t believe the actions of our players post GF has warranted the response from certain high profile members of the media. Maybe Tyrones social media post was dumb, I‘ll leave it to other
s to determine that, but I’m just not sure it is a hanging offence. If the board decided sack him I hope they do so impartially and not as a consequence of this media driven negative narrative against our club.

Does that mean I'm related to Franklin, Kilkenny BxTom and Alice as well (and quite likely others)? He has a considerable amount of support around here because he's being thrown under the bus as a virtue signal which thinking individuals find distasteful. It will bite this club on the arse, mark my words.

And I guess this must mean you can't find evidence that he was involved in the TikTok matter apart from living in the same house.

You’re the only one I’ve seen defend him on both the Instagram photo and the tiktok situation. I mean the inquiry on the tiktok video found he was there & involved, I think it’s odd to dispute that.

It’s a fair point, Im just not persuaded the social media post albeit added to his other indiscretions in particular the criminal convictions are worthy of dismissal. A lot of this adverse Panthers sentiment has and is being driven by the media. The actions of the Melbourne Storm players were appalling to say the least, but the media has focussed on us, our post GF celebrations and it has become somewhat of a frenzy to sour our success. I don’t believe the actions of our players post GF has warranted the response from certain high profile members of the media. Maybe Tyrones social media post was dumb, I‘ll leave it to other
s to determine that, but I’m just not sure it is a hanging offence. If the board decided sack him I hope they do so impartially and not as a consequence of this media driven negative narrative against our club.

Those are two separate things. The actions of the panthers players have been overblown, but with Tyrone May he’s clearly at the last chance saloon. Even if he scrapes through to survive this time, it will absolutely be his last chance.

The court case is part of the bumps in life

He is from a Houso area
He doesn't talk to his parents
Had a major ACL
Convicted criminal
yet due to the support of the club is a premiership winner.

Was poorly worded granted. Nathan called out the haters in a much better way and maybe May should of waited until he was sober to better word the post.

It is just how many of the board believe that version. I can't see them voting 100% either way

So it does reference the court case?

Iamback

Coach
Does that mean I'm related to Franklin, Kilkenny BxTom and Alice as well (and quite likely others)? He has a considerable amount of support around here because he's being thrown under the bus as a virtue signal which thinking individuals find distasteful. It will bite this club on the arse, mark my words.

And I guess this must mean you can't find evidence that he was involved in the TikTok matter apart from living in the same house.

For me. I hate nothing more then someone being accused of something being found guilty in a Kangaroo Court. Happens all the time.

Certain sections of the media only stroke such fires. Likely only saw screenshots of the post and not the actual post containing the other photos or realised the meaning of the song and jumped on that horse

BxTom

Bench
You’re the only one I’ve seen defend him on both the Instagram photo and the tiktok situation. I mean the inquiry on the tiktok video found he was there & involved, I think it’s odd to dispute that.
Some of us believe in 'Don't argue with idiots - they'll just drag you down to their level'. I agree with Frog and Kilkenny. There is two premises to the argument, draw your conclusion.

Iamback

Coach

Great post. Alot of the BS was unwarranted and over the top

Some of us believe in 'Don't argue with idiots - they'll just drag you down to their level'. I agree with Frog and Kilkenny. There is two premises to the argument, draw your conclusion.

So you believe he was stitched up on the TikTok video, even though the NRL inquiry found he was involved?

Iamback

Coach
The players liked other guys who’ve left, too. I’m sure they’ll get over it.

You have the current coaching staff stating it was a mis-interpreted post, The captain of the club living with him and a brother also at the club. Alot different then someone deciding to leave through getting a better offer

Kilkenny

Coach
Those are two separate things. The actions of the panthers players have been overblown, but with Tyrone May he’s clearly at the last chance saloon. Even if he scrapes through to survive this time, it will absolutely be his last chance.
I don’t disagree.

I think the hypocrisy of the media is breathtaking. The media darling Brandon Smith has largely escaped further scrutiny in the media for his actions as revealed on social media. Largely ancient history now, because he is a media pin up boy.

I just hope his meeting with the board is not some form of Kangaroo court and he is dealt with fairly, impartially and objectively.

You have the current coaching staff stating it was a mis-interpreted post, The captain of the club living with him and a brother also at the club. Alot different then someone deciding to leave through getting a better offer

Part of the reason we’re in this mess is because Ivan has been way too loyal to May.

If the club believes he was referring to the court case, nothing else should matter. It must be judged on its merits, not his associations.

DinkyDi

Juniors
The players like him so morale drops. To replace him with a like for like with cost more potentially losing players
Good point. However, if that happens, then we have more juniors to replace him. Also, his contract was unsigned, and clearly withdrawn, so he was not "sacked".

ACTPanthers

Bench
The only reason he'll be kept around is because of his friendships with the players/staff.

There's not even the "but he's a good player so we'll excuse the behaviour" line to be trotted out, because he's average at best.

Iamback

Coach
The only reason he'll be kept around is because of his friendships with the players/staff.

There's not even the "but he's a good player so we'll excuse the behaviour" line to be trotted out, because he's average at best.

That is RL for you though. Who you know not how good you are.

As for the last line. If he was even on mid price range he would of already got the punt. Any player value for money stays