What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy related discussion

age.s

First Grade
I think soc presents a tolerable individual argument unlike the total rubbish I'm used to hearing.

True anti-vaxxers are a lost cause. They have a deep level of distrust in government and institutions. It means you can't cite numbers or facts because they think they are made up. In my experience they are also on board with every notable conspiracy theory of the last 100 years. They don't just like that album, the whole catalog is superb.

They also do their own research which should be applauded but unfortunately they draw conclusions on evidence that they don't even understand. The 'sheep' listen to the doctors while they make an informed choice from a dubious pre-print scientific article (Which is highly ironic considering their distrust of science).

Gave it some thought this year and decided to just stop arguing with them. Neither party gains anything from it.
As someone on a different side of the fence (not an anti vaxxer, but someone whos not going to be taking the Covid shot) I have similar overall sentiments about much of the anti-anti vaccine rhetoric. Some of it is straight out of 1940s Germany and not just from Jim on your Facebook feed. Prominent politicians referencing anyone who hasn't taken the treatment as being dangerous or diseased. Low people who you wouldn't want near you. Thats before we've even gotten near mandates.

I've come to the same conclusion as you though. Its absolutely not worth engaging in the conversation 99% of the time. Which is a shame given the magnitude of what's going on right now.

age.s

First Grade
And my sincere best wishes to you @soc123_au . My Uncle had MD. Its a merkin of an illness and I do my best to support orgs trying to get rid of it. You seem to have an outstanding attitude to it (something my uncle never managed) and more power to you.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Getting right away from footy stuff.

Started my Christmas baking (for gifts) today. Have just put a tray of Shortbread in the oven. (more to come) and hopefully pictures later in the week, when they're all packaged up.

DinkyDi

Juniors
Getting right away from footy stuff.

Started my Christmas baking (for gifts) today. Have just put a tray of Shortbread in the oven. (more to come) and hopefully pictures later in the week, when they're all packaged up.
Wash your mouth out with soap, girlfriend. Christmas is 33 days away.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Wash your mouth out with soap, girlfriend. Christmas is 33 days away.

LOL. Not for me. I need to pace myself in regards to baking, (because these days things take a bit longer)

Christmas cards finished ready for the post (33) and have bought all Christmas gifts, just waiting for one to arrive (bought online)

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Hope you continue to do well Soc123.

Today is that last bit of baking for this round. I'm making some chocolate fleck biscuits.

I will be doing up large platters for my local doctors surgery, my hairdresser and a smaller one for my podistrist. Later I will be doing baking for the family.

I've shared this to show I do more in life than talk and think about footy. 😂

DinkyDi

Juniors
This is the first baby picture I've been able to look at without bursting into tears. Things are getting better :)

Congratulations to the entire Yeo family - You should be very proud.
Geez, what you, your wife, and your family, went through, will be extremely hard..

Latest posts