What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Avenger

Immortal
Mark O’Neill has a lot to answer for. It’s obvious he is incompetent. There is no way he was banking on losing everyone expect Gutherson. Paulo will also leave.

This is f**ked.

eel01s

Bench
Whilst I am not slitting my wrists yet, I do have concerns.

1. We extended BA supposedly to help keep the core playing group together
2. We simply cannot compete with those clubs that have access to 3rd party agreements. It is obvious that there is only lip service played to being at arm's length. Our Board members don't need more footy IQ, they need better contacts who are willing to cough up.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Seems that since the Dogs secured a Pub Magnate as chief sponsor, signing players doesn’t present a problem. Another club that has a multi millionaire involved with numerous businesses seems to be able to retain players on unders.

Dont expect any queries from the NRL, given the profiles of the important people at those clubs.
Keep blaming other clubs and the NRL, it can't be our joke of a clubs management and board. Anyone but ours, of course you are happy to throw MON under the bus him being a non Eel anyway......

Delboy

First Grade
My better half just said, how did we lose my 2 favourite players (Ice and Reed), she’s not a footy tragic, just been going since 1982. This really hurts a lot of supporters , not sure the club really understands how they have screwed up.

Unless they pull a rabbit out of the hat with an unexpected signing , it’s poor plann8ng etc. No doubt the club is happy the membership rollover has already gone through.

Delboy

First Grade
Keep blaming other clubs and the NRL, it can't be our joke of a clubs management and board. Anyone but ours, of course you are happy to throw MON under the bus him being a non Eel anyway......
As usual , don’t pretend to know what anyone else thinks, nothing to do with anyone not being an ex player etc. Where is the level of achievement in that position prior to being hired..

Just get off your pointed hatred and see what is happening. If you believe the NRL acted well in allowing contracts to be signed 18 months ahead of expiry and little investigation of TPAs , so be it. My opinions are just what I think, thanks for paying so much attention to my thoughts.

Rocket man

Juniors
Are you a member of Reed Mahoney Rugby League Football Club,or the Parramatta Eels Rugby League Football Club?

The biggest disgrace in all this, imo, is that the NRL allows negotiations, and signings, for 2023 to happen now - it's a joke.
it's not just one player.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
As usual , don’t pretend to know what anyone else thinks, nothing to do with anyone not being an ex player etc. Where is the level of achievement in that position prior to being hired..

Just get off your pointed hatred and see what is happening. If you believe the NRL acted well in allowing contracts to be signed 18 months ahead of expiry and little investigation of TPAs , so be it. My opinions are just what I think, thanks for paying so much attention to my thoughts.
Blah blah blah, more excuses. Was it the NRL's fault we lowballed him and let the dogs swoop in with an offer that blew ours out of the water??? How do you not make Reed a priority??? He was a future club captain, it's just easier to scream about TPA's and the NRL apparently. This is all on the club and no one else.

We want to be a development club and we can't even keep the quality players that we actually develop. Can't wait for the Dickhead's CEO's email telling is all is well and we need to get behind the team blah blah blah!!

TheRam

Coach
Whilst I am not slitting my wrists yet, I do have concerns.

1. We extended BA supposedly to help keep the core playing group together
2. We simply cannot compete with those clubs that have access to 3rd party agreements. It is obvious that there is only lip service played to being at arm's length. Our Board members don't need more footy IQ, they need better contacts who are willing to cough up.

This.

We are the second CBD of Sydney FFS! We should be rolling in TPA's. The only club in the whole city of Parra and we virtually have none?

Great brains trusts at board level. Oh and for the losers that will say that the club can't and shouldn't have anything to do with TPA's, stick it! That's not how the real world works. You lot can go back to watching and beating off to anime cartoons in your mothers basement while the rest of us discuss real world shenanigans.

No excuses!

amitropo

Juniors
Mark O’Neill has a lot to answer for. It’s obvious he is incompetent. There is no way he was banking on losing everyone expect Gutherson. Paulo will also leave.

This is f**ked.
As disappointing as it is today, do we even know if BA rated Rheed to take next step or was he even a BA signing initially?

Hindmarshisgod2

Juniors
Well, this just shows that we need to pay overs to keep players, or hope they are unwanted by other clubs to retain or entice them. Looks like no one is prepared to take even a small paycut.....

I can't blame them really. It must be depressing listening to a clueless, one dimensional bald headed dope of a coach, and captained by an arrogant primadonna with a manbun.

Delboy

First Grade
Blah blah blah, more excuses. Was it the NRL's fault we lowballed him and let the dogs swoop in with an offer that blew ours out of the water??? How do you not make Reed a priority??? He was a future club captain, it's just easier to scream about TPA's and the NRL apparently. This is all on the club and no one else.

We want to be a development club and we can't even keep the quality players that we actually develop. Can't wait for the Dickhead's CEO's email telling is all is well and we need to get behind the team blah blah blah!!
So you agree with the criticism of MON, thats certainly at the top of the issues. You can’t run a footy club with degrees and appointments at the NRL, it’s more personal and cut throat.Didn’t have that experience prior to being hired.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Don't worry folks Bald Arthur Jr Jr is a dummy half, he'll be fast tracked into the top 30 in world record time for 2023.

Our future spine

1. Queen Gutho
6. Bea Arthur Jr
7. Moses
9. Bea Arthur Jr Jr.